Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nissan Versa Audio & Entertainment System Questions

2»

Comments

• flightnurseflightnurse 35K feetPosts: 1,648
    its upgraded as far as the headunit is concern not the speakers. I had the speakers ungraded at Audio store and have been trully impressed. They were upgraded to Boston Acoustic speaker, total cost $500 that was with installation and tax. Now I'm waiting for JL Audio to come out with a stealth box for the car (JL usally does if the factory car has a sub (the upgraded sound package on the versa has a sub) then I'll be finished.

Tony
    Rats nest of wires, I only have one wire to the AXU input for my iPod. when I get to my desination, I just unplug that one wire and put it in the glove compartment. I have also found that the Ipod sound is much better then a MP3.

But if you want to make a MP3 you have to do the follow:

First have a CD drive that burns CD's.
    Second, have software that burns CD's.

if you have those, then you have to download the music from iTunes or other problems that search for music on the net. I like the iPod way much better, less steps...

Tony
  • If you truly got the audio package, all your speakers should have been upgraded and you'll also have a subwoofer in your cargo area... if you're missing the sub, chances are you didn't get the audio upgrade...
  • they make an $8 contraption called an iSqueeze that fits in the cupholder and will accomadate either a nano or a video iPod and so my aux cable runs down my console and around my shifter (to take up slack) and into my iPod... you can see pics on my cardomain. it really isn't that jumbled or "nesty" ... also, when they make the iPod connector for the stock headunit you can have them put a hole and run the cable out from underneath the console (near the cupholders) and then everything is just right there...

just a thought...
    I dont have the audio package I upgraded the speakers. BTW, the sub in the audio package is behind the dash.
  • well, everyone else's is in the cargo area... In fact, there's a special cut cargo mat for the Versa with the audio package...
  • mac444mac444 Posts: 9
    I live in Beijing China and I bought a Nissan Tiida. It's exactly like the Versa except the headunit does not have an aux jack for an iPod. I am looking to buy a headunit from someone who has upgraded their sound system with a better head unit. If you replaced yours and have an original with the aux/iPod input, let me know how much you are willing to sell it for. I can pay for it via PayPal and have a friend ship it over here.
  • pkelley83pkelley83 Posts: 1
    I just bought a 2007 1.8 S and i want to know if there is any way that i can add a mini jack, whether threw aux... through fm direct or any other method, i am desperate for it even like a blow apart of the dash system would help so i may investigate my self
  • I just picked up my 2007 SL 1.8 tonight and already I'm thinking of all the exciting things I want to do to it! What a fun car!

One issue: The rear speakers are WEAK. I even cranked the FADER all the way to the rear and the volume coming out of those speakers is negligible at best. Front door speakers are fine, but at this rate they're WAY louder than the ones in the back.

Is there something I can do short term to fix this? Or is it a matter of upgrading the speakers, as I plan to do. Thx.
  • Looking at upgrading my current setup......are you still in the market?
    Yes. I am still interested in a Versa head unit with 6 cd changer. Send a message to me at stevemcintosh@mac.com.
    I replaced all of my speakers in my Versa added a sub, and external amp, made all the difference. I kept the factory head unit, its does everything I want it to do and I didn't want to lose my stereo wheel controls..
    What kind of speakers did you buy to replace the factory speakers? What was the cost?
  • boqibamaboqibama Posts: 25
    Removing versa top dashboard panel seems not easy. Can anybody pass me the procedure to do so? I want to upgrade the two small vents on the top each side.
  • i wont to replace may door spacers bat i don't no haw to disacembol the door panels do you now
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    What would be best - buy a Versa with the absolute base equipment on it then upgrade the stereo on the aftermarket at your favorite audio store, or buy the SL stereo version and then upgrade it? It sounds as if the speakers need replacing in either case, so if you've got to pull them anyway why spend money for the more expensive stereo?

I'd appreciate any thoughts/pros and cons either way! Thanks
  • It really depends on what you need besides the stereo. If all you want to do is upgrade the stereo then the S is the best option. However the differece between the S and SL is more than just the stereo. Test drive botth and read up on both.
  • irismgirismg Posts: 345
    Good feedback. Thanks!
  • athertonatherton Posts: 9
    That beep when you press the button up and hold it for a second is the changer control, and signifies that the CD player is CHANGING CD's, so it has the ability to be random for the next song, but no longer on the same CD you were listening to. To advance one song on the same CD, you push it up and release faster, but it will only go the next normally sequenced song, not randomly selected. Fast forward to the end of the song, let it end, and the next song will be randomly selected.
  • rock21rock21 Posts: 1
    The first 3 months is a limited trial. You have to contact Sirrus for full activation if you want all the channels
  • Aftermarket radio at ebay Sony cd included for 139+ shipping 151.00.
  • need to know what size are the front door speakers on a Nissan Versa
2»