Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sorry for the delay in getting back to you.....yes the auto climate control is just as you mentioned in Consumer Guide.

I love it..it handles great, and very quiet on the highway, you can't tell how fast you are going without looking at the speedometer. Very quick, espically with the manual, the turbo is great. I love the roominess of the inside, as well as the quality finish. Couldn't be happier. Let me know if you have any more questions.
  • mexcarmexcar Posts: 21
    It sounds really nice; funny that the Volkswagen web site seems to understate the air conditioning equipment. Have you gotten a feel for actual gas mileage on the highway? Also, Consumer Guide mentioned something about two "cooled" compartments; what's that all about? Do you find these useful?
    Again, many thanks!
  • On the highway really depends, on level highway, going around 70mph, I'm getting 33-34 mpg as reproted by the computer. However, on trips over hilly highways (basically up down up down over moutains), I was more at 29-30mpg. Can't complain for a car with the Passat's kind of power.

Apparently the glovebox has a vent you can open up that will in effect heat or cool the compartment with whatever air temperature you have currenlty set the climate control at. So it could be thought of as a mini-fridge or something. I don't find it that useful, but then again, it's snowing around here, so I'm not sure.

I obviously recommend taking it out for a test drive, everyone has different tastes, but I love mine, and it also handles great in the snow. The standard ESP is a great safety feature that would have been extra on a camry SE which I was also looking at.

let me know if you have any other questions
  • mexcarmexcar Posts: 21
    That snow handling appeals today -- ten inches last night and my Chevy was fishtailing left and right today. The car you describe sounds perfect for us. I love driving a manual with some spunk that handles well; and the quiet highway manners and room are great, and rare I think, things to go with that. Got to wait 'til some of the snow melts but you've got me really looking forward to that test drive. Thanks so much!
  • No problem, let me know what you think after you take a test drive. I can also look up my exact price paid before Tax and title, etc if you decide on buying the car. Since it would be the same model/etc as I bought. I bought mine in October, so you might even be able to get a little lower price.

I also forgot to mention the space factor. I'm 6'3 and love the fact I have so much room in the drivers seat, and if I have people in the backseat, they aren't cramped at all. A huge trunk and overall feel of luxury I feel are second to none for this price range.
  • chronochrono Posts: 149
    Does anyone know what the incentives are for Feb. on leftover 2006 Passats? Is it still $3500? I'm thinking about picking one up. Our local dealer has 3 value pkg models left. I'm very tempted. :)
  • Just purchased a graphite blue one.

The 'no-hassel' price is 25153+TTL. It is little bit over our originial budget but the dealer didn't give us a lot of space/time to bargain :( .

So far it feels great to drive this car, very spacious and driver friendly. The throttle is not very responsible at low speed, but on the highway, the turbo is very powerful and smooth. I am happy with it :)
  • I have a hard time believing that price. The MSRP on the 2.0T with Package #1 is $28,810 and your price is basically $3,700 less than list. That's a huge discount.
  • depends on what the invoice price was. you can pick up a passat for under invoice...i was able to get one for 800 or so under invoice on a base MT sedan back in october..so now should only be greater
  • The dealer told us that they are trying to get rid of those wagons from their lot because a new group is arriving. There is a 1300 additional discount from VW if the wagon (not sure about the sedan) is in the lot for more than 3 months. We look at the dealer's invoice and our price is like 1000 below it but that's definitely not their 'bottom line'.
  • kellyrckellyrc Posts: 2
    j- did you purchase in VA and if so would you identify the dealer? I'm east coast and hearing from dealers that there are no incentives and they're still 1000+ over invoice
  • Sorry for the delayed answer. It is Bill Britt VW in Fredericksburg. You can check their inventory and promotion at www.billbrittvw.com. Good luck!
  • kellyrckellyrc Posts: 2
    thanks, I'll check the site!
  • jlaszlojlaszlo Posts: 30
    Can anyone tell me the difference between a 2.0T 4dr Wagon N/A 06/06 and just a 2.0T wagon? Edmunds has them both listed. The one I'm looking at is of the "N/A 06/06" variety. Thanks
  • Please let me know if its worth buying 2001 PassatGLS 4-Cyl. 1.8L Turbo for $7000 which has 113000 mi on it.

Will there be any kind of Problems in Passat at 113000 mi?
    How may Miles would these cars run without any problem?

I want a car Which would run for atleast couple of years.

And can I get any kind of extended Warranty for this car?

Please reply me
  • stephangstephang Posts: 9
    That's one that puzzled me too. Here is the deal: VW released the Wagon in Feb 06 but listed it as an 07 model. They stopped it production in June and started introduced the real 07 model afterwards. So now you have two 07 models that can be found at dealers with one a year older than the other one! I am not sure how to differentiate them except for the option packages: the new ones have now packages labeled "luxury" or "sport" that are similar to the sedan version. FYI I just bought a new 07 model with package 2 luxury, but it took short of a miracle to find it in the northeast! (someone had specially ordered it and then backed out of the sale!). When I got it, it was thefirst time the salesmen had saw the new car!
  • cynicalcynical Posts: 4
    I am shopping around for a 2007 2.0T MT w/no add-ons which is similar to what you said you bought back in october. The best price I have so far is $23,367 OTD. I am curious as to what you were able to get OTD. I live in the Los Angeles area. Thanks.
  • sammya_mdsammya_md Posts: 69
    I got mine for 22,800 or so out the door. Keep in mind that we have 5% sales tax, and I think (not sure), that CA has 7.25%. That extra 2.25%, which I think is around 500 difference when you factor that in. All being told, I think you have a good deal on that car, although I would think now being end of March, you could do better (by a few hundred) than I did in October, but that is just my thought..i have no idea..they also might have factory to dealer incentives..but again..i have stopped following that once i bought my car

what color were you looking at?
  • cynicalcynical Posts: 4
    Thanks for they quick reply!

Yes, the tax difference does account for roughly $500. A $2000 factory incentive is supposedly accounted for in that price and it's been 5-6 months since you bought yours. I think I should be able to do better as well. Also, it seems that MT is not very popular according to the sales people I have talked to. Wouldn't this mean that I should be getting an even better deal though? Was this your experience? One sales manager told me that that he's giving me this price because no one wants a manual.

In terms of color I don't have a huge preference, but they seem to have a lot of white. Whatever keeps the price down(other than green) is fine with me.

Did you have any extra options on yours? How is the car so far? Any issues arise yet(rattles, other)?
  • sammya_mdsammya_md Posts: 69
    I am not sure what incentives they have, but if this $2000 is true, then I would definately thing you would be able to do better. By what factor, I'm not sure.

Don't believe the things he says about a MT. Yes they aren't popular, but yet VW still makes them. I would advise looking at surrounding dealerships and finding one that has a couple manuals on the lot. When I went to get my car, the dealership I bought from had the exact car I wanted, and then the next closest dealership had 2 of them. We felt no pressure to buy at the first place, other than more convience, and they met our price and didn't try to BS that much (they are car dealers after all).

I wouldn't think color affects the price at all. I have a black one and absolutely love it.

I have no extra options on the car, it is the bare bones passat, which is plenty for me. Rims and the sport package would have been nice, but that adds another 3-4k to the price based on how they package the accessories.

I love the car so far, it's got alot of power, and I'm averaging 28.5 mpg in mixed city/highway driving. Plus I'm 6'3 and am able to fit more than comfortably driving. I don't even have the seat back all the way.

Let me know if you have any more questions, I'm happy to help as best I can.