Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Volkswagen Passat Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• oxx93oxx93 Posts: 67
    The sport suspension is firm, but I was driving a Ford Taurus before I upgraded, so I guess anything would feel firm.......The car is very solid and handles well, love taking off ramps at 45mph+ and not having to worry :)

I did not like the wood trim in the luxury package, so that is why I went with the sport package. I also have the 18" wheels, which really complete the car. I consider it an A6 less $20K.
  • Hello, forum

I was looking for a 06 passat 2.0T with pkg.1. One dealer emailed me a quote for 07 passat:

Sale $25531 plus tax (765.93) tag (69.00) and doc fee (399.00)
    Out the door $26764.93

Can I do better? When will the 2500 rebate expire? Can it be applied on 2007 passat?

Thanks a lot.
  • just got one pricing about 2006 PASSAT 2.0T VALUE EDITION AT. It is a new car with 48 miles.

22528 OTD.

Is it a good deal?

Thanks for any suggestion!
  • Two weeks ago I test-drove a 3.6L sport Lux1 package.
    I could feel it was stiffer but not bothersome - my infiniti is way smoother - but the passat was more sure footed and more fun to drive. However, I felt the bigger problem (for me) was increased noise transmitted into the cabin - quite a bit of road thrum and slapping noise from tires.

Over long distances maybe more than I would care to listen too even though I would definitely enjoy the drive.
  • Thanks for the feedback. Since my first message I have driven the 3.6 Wagon with the sport package and the 18" wheels. I was able to bring the car home and keep it over night. I agree with you that the car is extremely sure footed and powerful. I didn't notice the noise in the cabin, however, we already own 2 passats so I don't make a good comparison.

The car is for my wife and her major concerns were the lack of storage space in current passat, the turbo lag and 4motion. She like the new version, but didn't love it. I'm not sure what else I can have her drive as a comparison. She drove the A6 wagon, but it has poor storage. Both the BMW and MB are too expensive.
  • Hi all,

Just wanted to share my experience. I bought a 2007 passat value edition/package (the base model, no package 1 or 2.etc) for 22,900 OTD here in MD. We have 5% tax which is included in this price. I think if you work backwards, the price before taxes, tags, etc is 21500 (roughly)..but we negotiated on an OTD price, so I am not really sure. They can break it down however they want.

Was a relatively pain free deal at King VW in gaithersburg, MD.

Great price on a great car, espically a 2007 i think so early in the year. Just sharing my expereience and to help others
  • Looking to trade a 2001.5 New Passat with 70000miles for a 2006 Passat, possibly value edition, or one step up. Auto is a must. Any ideas on November incentives, apr, otd prices in NJ?
  • Seeking advice on price of 2006 automatic 2 OT Passat Sedan with # 1 package + heated front seats. How does $23,970 sound BEFORE sales taxes and tags? Dealer is throwing in 4 car inspections. Thanks.
  • Sorry, but I don't have any information on NJ dealers. The information I have is 0% over 36 months, or 2,500 cash for my Philly dealer. The offer I have is 4.4% below invoice. Hope this helps.
  • Received offer of $30K even in Southern NJ on Saturday. Dealer has other 2006 Passat 3.6 (without 4Motion)available. Is 4Motion and Navi worth it (about $2K)? How is the Navi on the Passat? According to VW website, special financing available for 2006 Passat. What is the rate for 60 months?

Also rec'd similar offer on 2006 TL on Saturday. Is VW worth buying over the TL?
  • This offer on leftover 06 Passats looks better than the $2500 incentive in September. $ 4000 off List price. Maybe I should take a look and see the Passats ....NOW. Price sounds interesting.... y'all agree? :)
  • I've had a hard time getting results searching through posts. I found the car I want: http://www.zimbrick.com/autofinder/dsp_viewcar_new.cfm?vin=WVWLK73C27E004389 and so I want to make a good offer. I read one post for $22,500. That seems low. Thoughts?
  • eroc69eroc69 Posts: 56
    Hi guys, first post here. Iam interested in buying an 06 Passat left over. I have a dealer in Wexford, PA that has 2 left overs discounted about 4,000 each. Problem is my Accord lease is up in May. I got a 10 day buy-out price of $13,400 for my Accord and on KBB its worth more than that. Of course the dealer said KBB is not buying my car, they are.
    They wouldnt give me a fair pay-off for my 04 Accord. They said $12,500. Iam not applying about $1,000 of 'negative' equity to the new car.
    Anyone have any ideas how to get my trade in paid off w/o adding the negative equity to the new Passat?
  • I'm sure I'll be joining a choir of responses singing the same song but your best bet is to sell the Honda privately , close out your remaining amount of the lease and dive into the 06 passat. Have you considered simpy finishing the lease and getting a good lease deal on an 07 ?
  • Hi, guys, I got a quotation $22900 for 06 passat 2.0T+ package 1. Is it a good deal? If I want 5 years 0 APR, it will be $25400.
  • that seems awful high, but is that including taxes/tages/etc

you can easily get a 07 passat for 750 under invoice already, as I was able to with little problem. provide more information and i will be able to try and help
  • Thank uou sammya_md. 22900 is for car only. The car is 06 passat 2.0T AT+ package 1, and has 280 miles. List price is $27509. I am in Texas.
  • What is the name of the dealership ?
  • eroc69eroc69 Posts: 56
    Yes, thats probably what Iam gonna have to do, sell it or just wait another 6 months. I just thought with the end of the year dealings and the fact that my Accord only has 31K on the odo. it would be a wash, no negative equity. Ive been in and out of leases and loans early for the past uh tooo many years. Iam finally close enough to be no negative and am getting anxious. I gguess I have to wait :mad:
  • so with a list price of that, i'm going to guess invoice is around 25000 or so, so they are giving you 2k off of invoice. Given that this is a 2006, and already has 280 miles, I would say you should go for a new 2007 with basically 10-20 miles...and you would probably end up paying a net difference of 1000 more, which to me is worth it. You don't have those 280 miles that the car could have been abused etc. That is unless you can negotiate them down from that 22900 on the 2006 model. if you need some more help, let me know.
  • Any thoughts on a fair price for 2.0T automatic with Lux pkg 2 would be? MSRP = $30,065 and Invoice = 27,762 (both with delivery included). The local (i.e., Charlotte) dealers have sizeable inventories so I would assume a price below sticker, so the question is how much below. Barring rebates, etc. that I am unaware of, would a $28,500 price be doable? Interested in hearing what other folks are paying / being quoted. Thanks in advance.
  • Hello Forum -

I receive invoice pricing on VWs through my work. I'd like to lease a 2007 Passat 2.0T w/ option1. Dealer tells me invoice is 25K and change.

Quoted me $380 per month. Zero down. I pay all fees and taxes (a lot in Chicago!).

Now, we have the dreaded 'use tax' in Chicago which is 6.5% so I was advised some type of balloon lease to avoid this.

OK--but dealer tells me VW financing is 6.19% (?!)

Based on other postings $380 per month on this vehicle for a strong partner of VW/Audi seems way too high.

Thoughts? Should I go for a 2006? I don't care much about model year.

Thanks in advance -- lots of super data points on this forum.
  • Hi,

I doubt interest rates have changed from VW financing. I bought a passat 2.0t base model (no packages..etc) and got 2.9 financing..not a special deal or anything, just what they had at the time. Also you can get the car for under invoice, don't let them convince you invoice is their bottom line. I got mine for around 750 under invoice so I would think since the car you are looking at is about 2k more to look to get 1100-1200 below invoice for a good deal. A dealer wouldn't make a deal where they are losing money, just logic.

Not sure aobut leasing, someone else would be better about that, but the lower the base price, the lower the lease payments obviously.

Feel free to ask more questions
  • I'm not sure if the 28,500 is an out the door price or what, but you should be able to get this car before TTL for around 26200-26500 I would think, basically extrapolating from the figures I paid for a base 2007 passat. Again, I'm not 100% sure, but look to at least get $1000 below invoice, since on a base model MSRP 23k(around), I was able to get more that 750 below invoice for a price.

Let me know if you have any other questions
  • I got a promotion at work last spring and started shopping for a 3.6L Passat in early June since it was on the list of acceptable cars that the company would pay for. Before I got approval to buy the car, the company was taken over and all company car perqs were frozen (probably forever). Today, out of the blue, I got a call from the dealer I had been negotiating with saying he had the exact car I had been looking to buy. It's a new 2006 leftover 3.6L gray with gray leather interior, with sport package #1, trunk and floor mats and a Sirius Radio. The sticker price is $33,815. He said if I buy it before Christmas he'll give it to me for $25,560. I am not in the market for a new car right now but does this seem like it's too good to pass up or is it pretty much a deal I can find anywhere that still has left overs? I'd like to hear thoughts from anyone that would like to add their 2 cents (just realized there is no longer a "cents" symbol on the keyboard). I plan on driving the car tomorrow but I'm really not sure I want to buy at this time.
  • I drove the 2007 3.6 Wagon Sport w/18" wheels. The dealer let me take it for a weekend test drive. I thought it was a great car. Plenty of power, comfortable and safe. The adjustable headlights are very cool. My wife and I currently own two Passats and we think they are great cars. We have not pulled the trigger, however, since we do not want to take on a car payment at this time. When we are ready I believe we will probably buy the car.

Price wise it looks like a very good deal for you. Are there any miles on the car? It almost sounds too good to be true.
  • hstuhstu Posts: 3
    Lot's of talk of you guys getting below invoice for sedans, dealer quoted $500 over invoice for wagon w/#2. Down side for me is I like the color and there is not another one within 200+ miles in color combo. Anyone think I should be able to buy under invoice? I like the sound of at least $750 below.....I might should just hang up the color issue...
  • kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 28,057
    I think that is a deal that just about any dealer will make on a leftover '06..

I notice that all of the local VW dealers have ads with big discounts on '06s..

regards,
    kyfdx

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• ynn18ynn18 Posts: 6
    After several days testing drives and negotiation with dealer, I finalized the price of a 2006 2.0T passat with luxury packge #2 and dynaudio for 24000 and it was 4100 below the invoice. The car has 500 miles on it. But I need to find the financing other than VW. Is it a worth deal?

the point is when I was ready to sign the paperwork, the dealer tell me the horn did not work so I could not get the car today. They told me they could fix it next Monday and it was not a big problem. But I was so upset and frustrated and So I quited the deal and left. :mad:

How should I further negotiate with the dealer? more discount on the car or just another car (hard to find the car with same options). The horn failure puts some shadow in me about the car's quality. maybe I should try other brand.

What do you think? Any suggestion is welcomed. Thanks!
  • I drove the car today and was impressed with the power and overall quality. It has 69 miles on it, 7 of which are mine. My only concerns about this car are whether the rear seat legroom is adequate for a 14 year old that's 5'-8" and still growing and whether the reliability of the electronics has improved over the 2005 models. If it weren't the worst time of year to be buying a car I would probably have taken the deal today. As things stand I told the dealer I'd let him know Monday. The salesman claims the $25,560 price is non-negotiable and according to him it is below dealer cost. VW is making up the difference to move them off the lot but the offer ends on December 31. Anyone think I can do any better price-wise than that? There were four similar 2006 3.6L Passats still on the lot this morning but one of them sold today while I was talking with the salesman. I'm fairly certain a Passat will be my next car and I doubt the price will ever be better but the timing really stinks! :confuse: