Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

How driver can listen to radio while rear passenger watches dvd movie

patrolpilotpatrolpilot Member Posts: 1
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
Hi, I have recently bought a 02 suburban LT 1500 with an aftermarket entertainment system and I can not figure out how i can listen to the radio while the kids in the rear are watching a movie. As it is right now, the front radio has to be set to a special FM frequency in order for the kids to hear the movie. They have wired headsets that are plugged into the rear jack. Its a KEC video screen with a rear underseat BOSS dvd player.
Is this a easy fix or am I going to need to bring it in to a professional to fix.

Please Help.
Thanks.

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Not sure there is anything to 'fix', unless you are willing to replace the aftermarket entertainment system with a different one that powers the headsets directly. You have a generic aftermarket unit meant to work with a number of different vehicles. That is a cheap and easy way to 'integrate' audio into any and all vehicles, just broadcast it out as a low power FM transmission which the vehicle radio then is able to pick up and play.

Nothing to 'fix', working as designed.

Cheaper solution is to get yourself your own ipod or fm radio w/earphones, leave the current system as is.
  • 4burb4burb Member Posts: 55
    True, it is working as designed for an aftermarket "wired" headset. However, you should be able to have them plug in with the Rear Pwr button pushed and the radio on the needed station. Then you should be able to listen to a CD through the front speakers.
This discussion has been closed.