Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Chevy Equinox headlights and Silver Stars

runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
edited March 2014 in Chevrolet
I live in an area without street lights and I had Sylvania Silver Star Ultra headlamps in my old Trailblazer. I really miss the added bright lighting with all of the deer running around. Does anyone know if the Silver Stars fit the '10 Nox ? My local supplier won't take returns on electrical and the Sylvania product database hasn't been updated for the '10 model year.

Comments

• runoxrunox Member Posts: 156
    Would a '09 Nox owner kindly leaf through the owners manual and tell the GM part numbers for the headlight low beam and high beam? The effort would be much appreciated.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    You may want to have a look at Where To Find Your Car Owner's Manual Online or Online Repair Manuals.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Thanks

The '10 takes H11 for low beams and H3B for high beams. The PIAA H3B product says it is also compatible with 9005 bulb. Does anyone know if the H11 bulb is compatible with 9007 bulb which Chevy indicates is in the '09 Equinox? Syvlania makes the H11 fog lamp bulb which is the correct low beam bulb, but not in the SilverStar Ultra series.
    Never mind got the answer, 9007 and H11 are entirely different. Looks like I'll have to PIAA for the low beams.
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    Thanks for the follow up!

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
    Update, HB3/9005 SilverStar Ultras ($18 eBay ship incl'd) for high beams are a big improvement. Not so with the PIAA Xtreme H11 low beams, not worth the upgrade. The PIAA H11 ($59 Amazon ship incl'd) doesn't come in the "Intense" line and the Xtreme line is a tad whiter than the stock beam when you look at it straight on, but on the road, no real improvement. Sylvania doesn't make the SS Ultra in the H11 model. Hopefully they will add the line soon.
  • brueggiebrueggie Member Posts: 46
    Are these for the regular head lamps on the LS/LT models or do they also work with the LTZ projector headlamps? I am looking to pick up an HID kit for the LTZ but don't know what size bulbs to get. Thanks for your help.
    Be careful installing HIDs. You are messing with the electric wiring which seems to be very sensitive on these vehicles since Chevy has to reprogram the computer to allow for use of the towing harness. Also, go try to open up the front end to the headlamp assembly before you buy. Make sure you'll have room to remove the old and fit the HIDs into place. There ain't a whole lot of room to work in just changing out a headlamp bulb never mind installing a new assembly.
This discussion has been closed.