Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• fezofezo Posts: 9,391
    Does this mean I shouldn't have leased that Solara? :P
  • theeegodtheeegod Posts: 53
    edited November 2011
    Sealed the deal! Thanks for the responses. Picked up a 2010 MDX Base with 25K miles + 8yr/100K mile extended warranty for around $35 out the door with everything included. Love the metallic color and the black interior. Car is superb and the deal went smooth. Financed for 72 months and put $3k down. Excited!

Curious now as to how to fill up the tank...was researching around and some say to get the premium gas while others say to just go with the regular gas.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,540
    regular is fine.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• Thanks. Forgot to mention its CPO
  • Actually last I looked I think that BMW does do CPO leasing, ditto Porsche.. but don't quote me on it.
    Say, how long is that paper registration good for? Any real registration yet? And no word on the extended warranty I foolishly signed for. I'll gladly have him tear it up and say "never mind."

The car is great. Have the top down today which I love but is pretty ridiculous considering that come Thursday it's December!
  • Hmm.. I'll check with the office. I'll be in Old Bridge on Sunday for Toys for Tots.. you gonna be around?
    I may be able to pull that off. Keep me posted.

Had the top down today. What crazy weather!
  • vanillabeanvanillabean Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Looking for some ideas on trade in value of my truck

2009 GMC Yukon Denali
    Regular length (not XL)
    6.2L V8 403 HP
    2WD
    Mileage: 39,230
    Color: White Diamond Tricoat with Cashmere/Cocoa interior

Major Options: 20" chrome wheels, Navigation, DVD, Power Retractable assist steps, power liftgate, remote start, satellite radio, bluetooth with steering wheel controls, sunroof, captains chairs 2nd row, Weathertech all weather digital fit floor liners for all rows and cargo area

Condition:
    Interior: carpets excellent (always had floor liners), leather excellent except drivers seat has blue dye transfer on back of seat where jeans rubbed some color off onto leather. Very little interior wear or tear.
    Exterior: deep scratch on rear lift gate and scratch on side of car. Both scratches approx 1-2 inches. Will probably have fixed before trade. Small thumb sized dent on hood.
    Tires, original.
    Brakes, original.
    All scheduled maintenance performed through dealer.
    Extended warranty purchased through 72,000 miles. (is this transferable?)
    No accidents or insurance claims

Thanks in advance!
  • ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Don't they recommend premium fuel for the MDX?
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233
    Yes they do. I looked at them very closely a couple years back.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,704
    Now Fezo, I could use your convert today down here in the Lauderdale area as the weather is absolutely beautiful...perfect day for a drop top! I've always liked the Solara one's, a good friend had a white over tan leather one back in '07 and it was a beaut...had that pearlized paint I think. There are so many days that we can use a drop top here but when we had our '70 Caddy, remember the lining of the inside of the top was pretty shabby actually...are they finished off better these days? Thought about a new Sebring back in '06 since we both loved the rental we had for about a week...we'd go out every night and just drive around town loving it. But for some reason I nixed the idea because of it's size and the fact that it didn't fit on my side of the garage. A few times now we've actually brought a new car home to see if it would fit on either side of the garage...the salesguys never had a problem with it either.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

recommended and required are two different things.

HOWEVER, I just looked on the Acura site and it does say 91 octane is "required." So I suppose if you are worried about warranty issues, you may want to do what they say.

We all know regular fuel would never damage a modern engine ... but I probably wouldn't risk my warranty over it.

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Mazda recommends premium for the Miata, but only regular is required, so I use that.

I hate that at wholesale premium only costs $0.03 to $0.04 more per gallon yet they charge 10 times that.
    The Solara recommends regular but then says performance will be better with premium. I've tried both and don't notice a difference.

Yeah, a modern convertible is definitely more nicely finished than back in the day. This one is really nice inside. With the top up you hardly notice it's a convertible until you look to the back and find the blind spots.

My run of top down days has ended. It's cooler and raining. Hoping for better by the end of the week.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,689
    2007 328i Coupe

The dealer doesn't know it; but it has @1 year of the BMW CPO warranty remaining.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• kyfdxkyfdx Posts: 29,958
    Our new Infiniti G37 requires premium.... but, uses conventional motor oil, instead of synthetic....

Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• It's gonna depend where ya trade it...

You're in SoCal so the 2WD isn't a killer there like it would be up here... Here in Jersey? $28-29k with the damage.. Out near LA? I could see $33-34k... solid $32k.
    edited November 2011
    quite high, RB, with those miles.

I'd rather have this.

Even with the auto, I'd take that in a heartbeat. Although I'll admit the coupe is prettier. But that turbo trumps all, IMHO.

And here is an interesting coupe for you. Man, that's sweet.

edited November 2011
    OK, Bill, where would YOU be at on these 3 vehicles come trade time:

The '07 335i sedan I posted above (dark grey over black, sport, cold weather, premium, auto, 47k miles)

an '07 GTI 6-speed 4-door, black, moonroof, clean with deep rubber, etc, and 68k miles.

an '00 540i 6-speed, dark blue over black, with everything but Nav and ... 148k miles (but looks and runs like a clean 50k car).

Ah, and so another Q adventure begins....
    I'm still kind of ambivalent about the turbo; I keep hearing stories of the car going into limp-home mode on the track- even with an oil cooler. And since I tend to keep my Bimmers way past 100K the lack of another layer of(expensive) complexity is rather compelling.
    But I admit that I would be sorely tempted by the red 1er if it was located a little closer to home...

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

are those limping home from heat or from the HPFP? The HPFP warranty has been extended to 120k, BTW.

Heat. I think Munich finally devised a permanent fix for the HPFP.

I can't completely put my finger on it, but this doesn't look right.
    Probably the yellowed headlight lenses, couple of pics of it covered in bird droppings, and the missing trunk badge. I'm curious what this should be worth if its clean, though.

What do you think of this one, Bill?

Seems to be priced maybe $1k over auction value. Too cheap, no?

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,855
    That one is about 3 miles from where I work.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 15,075
    I could happily live with that 1 series. Must be extremely quick. I even like the color.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

edited December 2011
    Too bad it's missing heated seats and a third pedal.