Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• robbiegrobbieg Posts: 326
    Does the Premium package add a lot to the CTS AWD?

Right now, I think the 2008 CTS and the 2008 G35X are good buys used. What do you think? Basically a lot of car for the money. Still have a little warranty left.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,202
    edited December 2011
    The platinum adds just $750. A performance package adds $1500, though.

Oh, wait, sorry, that's the STS.

CTS adds nothing for premium. You get a DEDUCT for not having leather. Moonroof adds $650, 18" wheels adds $550, and Nav adds $700.

AWD is a $900 add.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

• Would appreciate a wholesale value on the following:

2008/GMC/Acadia/SLT2
    FWD
    55,000 miles
    Blue exterior
    DVD player, sunroof, NO nav
    very good condition, tires less than 4 months old
    All maintenance up to date
    Southeast Louisiana

Thanks for your help!
  • fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    Wow. You can still buy a Cadillac without leather? I'm stunned.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,086
    I believe the base models, like BMW and Mercedes, come with a very convincing synthetic leather, otherwise known as vinyl. My 3-series had it, it never bothered me, and nobody else seemed to notice or care. That's one part of the "premium package" I can live without!
  • nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,458
    We leased a 2007 BMW X3 with leatherette for 3 years. It held up beautifully after 46,000 miles. Kid's milk spills, no problem. Wife's water breaks on the passenger seat, no problem.

It does tend to get hot easier as it doesn't breathe like leather does. Just to give an example; if we left the X3 parked outside in the sunlight when it was say 55-60 degrees out, my wife would turn the AC on when she got in the car.

2001 Honda Prelude Type SH/ 2011 BMW 328xi / 2011 Honda Pilot EX-L w/ Navigation

• fezofezo Posts: 9,328
    For the most part I am just as happy or happier with nice cloth seats but will admit the leather ones in the Solara are kind of changing my mind....

For some reason I find those lightly used Caddies intriguing.....
  • pblx3pblx3 Posts: 3
    Hi - I would appreciate info on the trade in value of this suv

2009 Toyota Highlander Limited AWD
    Mileage: 26750
    Color: Black/light gray leather
    Major Options:
    navigation
    rear entertainment system
    remote start
    tow pkg
    Condition:
    Overall Good
    A few minor dings
    All maintenance done when due and up to date
    Tires - Of the 5 tires (including full size spare) - 2 are new tires, 1 needs to be replaced, others normal wear.
    Other: rear door on drivers side replaced due to damage (pole in garage - ugh!)

Thanks much!
    Well, down there the FWD shouldn't hurt much. Probably looking at about $19k.

oh boy. tough call with the previous damage. Is this on carfax? The quality of the repair is really going to affect the number.

This has a moonroof, too, no? If yes, ..... well, good grief. My wild guess would be anywhere from $24k-$27k.

• Would appreciate current wholesale on this one also:

2010 Nissan Armada SE
    2WD
    Mileage: 20,000
    Color: Grey Ext/Black Int
    Excellent condition, All maintenance at Nissan dealer
    Southeast Louisiana

Thanks!
  • lemmerlemmer Posts: 2,676
    edited December 2011
    Wife's water breaks on the passenger seat, no problem.
    Thanks for that tidbit.

I think BMW's leatherette is superior to their leather.
    $20k

• pblx3pblx3 Posts: 3
    Thanks for the quick reply! It does have a moonroof as well. Probably an obvious question, but can I check carfax to see if it is there? If it is - do you still think 24-27k is a reasonable range?

Thanks again!
    of course you can check it. just go to their site, plug in the VIN, and pay the fee.

Or you can just take it to trade and they'll pull it.

As for reasonable range... again, its really something that needs to be inspected in person to know for sure. If it IS on carfax, the odds of getting a lower number are stronger. If it is NOT on carfax, then the quality of the repair is where the deal hinges.

• gsemikegsemike Long Island, NYPosts: 1,764
    Long Island, NY
    FWD
    Loaded w everything except DVD
    Nice shape and shine but front and rear bumpers have marks
    Clean inside
    Tires and brakes both good, but not new
    Clean carfax
    Maintenance up to date

Thanks
    $10,500 ... might push up to $11k

Add $650 for AWD
    Add $250 for Nav

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,278
    trying to estimate impact on miles.

2005 gray over sand 325i. this one has a bit more miles on it (92K). premium/climate, AT, at a VW dealer. Looks super clean in picks.

so nice car, but miles have to hurt. Is 10K all the money? Looking for 9,500? they are asking 10,995.

the other one i am trying to get over to see is a 2003 like it with 88K on it listed at 9,995, but not planning to offer nearly that much!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• cadillacmikecadillacmike Posts: 543
    edited December 2011
    The rotors weren't replaced, just the pads. They had to replace them per CPO requirements.

And they put 4 new tires on it as well.

It brakes smooth and straight.

It is a lease turn in.
    edited December 2011
    Hi,

You want to check those numbers again?? How can the one year NEWER car that had over 25K higher MSRP with 1/3 the miles be LESS.

Did you mean 28K?? USAA pegged the value at 34K

Original MSRP of the 2008 CTS was $49,575.
    Original MSRP of the 2009 STS was $75,610.
    It cannot be worth less than the CTS.
  • we call it Pleather! ;)

Premium package (separate trim line from 2010 onward) has real leather seats.
  • That's what i call those lights, Xenon sounds so Sci-Fi ;)

It was a lease turn in and the dealer has to change out parts worn to less than 75% remaining or something like that. That's why new tires and pads on 11,000 miles.
  • rayainswrayainsw Posts: 2,505
    edited December 2011
    'The rotors weren't replaced, just the pads. They had to replace them per CPO requirements. '
    Ah - interesting.
    Thanks for that info.
    - Ray
    Orig. pads [ with plenty of life left ] on the 45K mile sedan I sold in November.....
  • tommister2tommister2 Mechanicsville, VAPosts: 131
    Wow, I had to look since you mentioned the original MSRP of $75k (I know nothing about Cadillacs). To my suprise, edmunds has each of them valued at right around $20k (I did NOT do specific appraisals, just looked at the base value of each car).

Is the STS just completely undesireable, or is the particlar one you are asking about just over optioned? If it is a low volume car, it's possible that qbrozen doesn't have much auction data to go on. Even at $34k from USAA that's massive depreciation. Was that number from USAA a replacement value for a total loss? I didn't know they were in the car pricing business except for insurance purposes.

Sounds like a good car to buy slightly used!
  • robbiegrobbieg Posts: 326
    It wouldn't surprise me if the CTS is worth more than an STS. I would imagine that the discount on the STS was huge. No way in hell anyone would pay 75000 for one. What did you pay for it? Guesssing under 55000?
  • You have to factor in the V8 and options. These cars have EVERY option except block heater (no AWD in the STS).

Edmunds TMV for 2009 STS V8 RWD w/ all options except block heater:

Total $30,155 $33,581 $37,153
    Buying a Certified Used VehicleDealer Retail
    Certified Used Price $40,361

Edmunds TMV for 2008 CTS DI V6 AWD w/ all options except block heater:

Total $24,787 $27,315 $30,314
    Buying a Certified Used VehicleDealer Retail
    Certified Used Price $33,152

Of course you have to think; the cars can't have 17 and 18 inch wheels and can't have a center and rear differential (or can they, maybe AWD has both??) and they have only one audio system (the DVD based ones).

and we all know TMV values are overstated, but you don't get the entire picture without going into the detail screens.

And STS ARE worth more than CTS, just not 25K more and they never were, i think these were severely discounted when new, probably to the tune of 7,000-12,000 when brand new. Still talking over $60,000 for a new Platinum edition, which was about a well equipped as a BMW 7-series.
  • It Was / is a very low volume car (platinum ed, not just V8), possibly under 1,000 in each year it was offered (2008-2010). I need to write Cadillac to see how many they DID sell.

USAA price was their "value" both for ins and for loan calculations and it was over the phone, based on VIN, not on options listed. VIN tells them the engine, but not much else in the way of options.

One of these will NEVER go to auction. It'll get sold internally at the dealership or go to a customer on the dealer's preferred customer list.

And yes those "limited edition" options lose a lot of their value really quick, i mean most folks could care less about an all suede headlining (i don't even care) but it IS nice. I cared more about the chrome wheels, and all the extra leather in the interior, not just the seats. and the seats are "tuscany leather" whatever that is. Supposedly better than the regular leather seats on other STSs. I guess it's akin to the "rolcaro" leather seats on the CTS-V. Who knows and who cares, they're nice.

But this is not your run of the mill STS, not even run of the mill NorthStar V8 STS no sir.

And i did buy it. Just trying to check on what hit i took if any.
    edited December 2011
    robbie,

That looks like the other two i was considering. I'll bet it was an Avis rental turn in. Those are the 17" polished wheels - very nice - the same ones i had on my wife's 2005 CTS, which IMO are better because the tire replacement cost is more reasonable, but the "bling factor" has moved these cars into 18" and even 19" wheels...

but i really really like chrome wheels!

Well optioned but without the ventilated (cooled) seats, and a few other items (like above mentioned 18" wheels), the adaptive cruise control, side blind zone alert, lane departure warning and heads up display. It does have nav and sunroof though. The option for the ventilated seats and 18" non-chrome wheels (and electronic frippery) was a "no fleet sales" option package.

And it was not a platinum edition either. That gets the chrome wheels, all leather interior and suede headlining, etc. It Required the above option pack and was also a no fleet orders option.

And he price was in the middle of the other two i was looking at.

Difference when new b/w this one (and the otehr two) and the platinum ed was approx $11,000 MSRP, if i remember the option prices correctly.

This car's option package was approx 6,000

Prem performance package was 11,000 a diff of 5,000

platinum ed was another 6,000 on top of that total diff 11,000

And that started falling like the temp on the dark side of the moon the day it was originally sold!!!

I'm popping the referenced car's VIN in here so i can have it for reference.

1G6DZ67A490169933

Need to see the dealer about a 2010 CTS for my wife, so will ask them to look this one up for me.
  • tommister2tommister2 Mechanicsville, VAPosts: 131
    Sounds like you got a lot of car for your money. Congrats!