Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,655
    Saw one in white today and it looks good...something that would work for me also! Just afraid of VW reliability especially with a used one. At least with new, one has the full warranty in place just in case something happens. It looks like they did a slight refresh for the 2013 model which looks nice. A perfect sized vehicle and I'd bet the mileage figures ain't that bad either. A good choice for ya...and maybe for me, eventually!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• bj77bj77 Posts: 12
    Let me know if this is a good deal? Thanks
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,285
    edited September 2013
    I can't help you with that information. OTD means spit to me.

But if that's a 2012 CRV EXL AWD with 19k miles, its worth about $24k at auction. Even those rated as poor are hitting 22k.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

That makes a world of difference. That's more around $20k at auction. So their asking price is quite fair for CPO, as a matter of fact.

• bj77bj77 Posts: 12
    Hi,

OTD- Out of the door (including taxes, doc fee, tag and title etc).I dont have the price breakout as I am telling the dealer this is the final price and he has agreed to it.. its a single owner and no accident history.Thoughts?
  • Wow. Talk about a spread. Makes a used FWD a good value....
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,108
    We know what OTD means, it just doesn't mean anything because it's impossible to tell what kind of deal you're getting with an OTD price. Taxes and registration fees depend on your locality. The important numbers are the selling price, including all dealer fees such as doc fees, add-ons, warranties, etc. If you've already done the deal, then there's not much anyone can do to help at this point.
    Is there a trade-in involved? Because, as you can see by the auction value I posted, if the details of the vehicle are correct, the dealer is selling it for thousands below wholesale value.

• In the Midwest. They wanted 27xxx on the lot internet price 21,9XX CPO.
  • nicheelnicheel Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    My wife would like to trade-in her 07 Subaru for a Honda/Toyota minivan. Can I get some help with trade-in value.

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5i
    Body Style: Wagon
    Engine: 2.5i liter, 4 cyl, auto
    Driveline: AWD
    Mileage: 86,000
    Color: Blue/Tan Leather Interior
    Major Options: Leather, Dual-Moonroof, Dual Auto AC, Heated Seats, CD Changer, Auto Dimming Rear view, Alloy wheels, Custom all weather mats.
    Condition: Excellent
    Never been in an accident
    Tires - New, purchased in January
    Brakes - New, replaced in June
    Maintenance - according to manufactures schedule
  • I ended up selling the 4runner yesterday for $6500. The buyer was the second to come take a look. Thanks for the help along the way.
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,108
    Nice! That's a lot of dough for a fifteen year old truck!
  • Yeah, I thought it was pretty generous myself!
  • sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,232
    4Runners bring stupid money. I've looked at a couple over the years and if the seats weren't so uncomfortable for me I would have grabbed one. Can't beat the resale on them, although obviously you pay for that up front.
  • I am looking to trade in my 2012 Passat SE, black 18k, roof, very clean, no issues at all...in suburban Philly. I am seeing trade values from a low of 16k up to 18k. Is 18k realistic? The figures are surprisingly low (to me) and have dropped a lot in the past couple of months. Any thoughts?
  • Auto or Stick?

I have seen CPO Passat SE's similarly equipped and miled going for 19k-20k at the dealer, so I'd say if someone is offering you that on trade to take it.

Qbrozen can tell you more definitely, though, but what you're seeing seems to be on the money.
  • Sorry to be unclear. The 18k at the beginning of the post is the miles. I have not gotten any figures yet. It is an automatic.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,441
    but just put on the Mecum show, and a '69 Camaro just sold for $530,000. Yes, over 1/2 a mill. Amazing what a ZL1 engine does for a car's value.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• ohenryxohenryx Posts: 285
    msg #44078 by 6422130:
    I am seeing trade values from a low of 16k up to 18k. Is 18k realistic?

msg #44080 bu 6422130:
    Sorry to be unclear. The 18k at the beginning of the post is the miles. I have not gotten any figures yet.

I think you need to lay off the Jack Daniel's before you post. (smile)
  • isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,679
    " We don't need it in Seattle proper"

Well, as a recent arrival you better know that once in awhile we REALLY get dumped on and we get ICE too sometimes. This past winter was downright balmy.

We had 14 inches of snow one year in our back yard in Issaquah.

2WD SUV's are almost saleproof around here even though when we do get snow it's a three day a year deal.
  • So I am finding out! Everyone tells me that the city just shuts down in those circumstances. Where I come from, we call that a Tuesday in January.

To me, a good set of all season/snow tires and a competent driver will go a lot further than a vehicle with 4WD and someone who thinks they are invincible. But what do I know -- coming from Pittsburgh and Cleveland, we only saw something like 10 feet of snow a season...:-)
    Yeah, but a lot of us are from So. California and we still don't know how to drive in the snow.

Where you came from, a person could stand on a pack of cigarettes and see the Pacific Ocean. Here, we have these little things called HILLS and we have LOT's of them!
  • Actually, Pittsburgh is just as hilly as Seattle due to rolling hills and coal mines of Western PA.

Cleveland, you are correct, is relatively flat!
    edited September 2013
    Sometime I'll tell you what the airline pilots call Cleveland!

Just kidding. Never been to Pittsburgh.

Cleveland, lots of times and no desire to revisit.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,441
    I took my son to Pitt 5 years ago when he was looking at colleges, and I was shocked to find out how mountainous it was coming down into the city.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• If it were not for my in-laws and associated extended family in Cleveland, I would not be returning...
  • I miss Pittsburgh a great deal, mostly because of the memories and friends that still live there. It definitely has a certain charm to it that not everyone can appreciate.

I'll be back for the first time in just about a year next weekend for a friend's wedding. We'll spend a few days in Cleveland seeing family then head down to Pittsburgh (only about a 2 hour drive) for the wedding itself.

To keep this car related, we'll be borrowing my mother-in-law's Audi Q5 2.0T to make the drive from Cleveland to Pittsburgh for the wedding.
    not a single one has hit $18k, even at auction.

You are looking more at $15k-$16k, depending.

• steevosteevo Posts: 331
    What can I expect to get if I trade a 2011 Honda CRV EXL with NAV. AWD, Black, Black Leather. Moonroof, heated seats, xm, etc.. 38000 Miles. New tires. Super clean no accidents no dents. Long Island NY.
    Thanks...
    $18k-19k