Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• whitallwhitall Posts: 187
    I hope someone reads this soon as I want to make a deal asap. (unless you think incentives will get better after Dec 2)

location: Sicklerville, NJ 08081, 15 miles south of Philadelphia
    2006 Nissan Murano
    SUV
    3.5, 6 cyl, auto, CVT
    AWD
    Mileage, 48020 (original)
    options...Leather, moon roof, Bose sound,heated and power front driver and pass, memory seat, pedals, alloys. Almost everything but Nav and towing

Interior: extremely clean

tires and brakes, replaced 7500 miles ago
    seat frame/rail replaced this summer (known defect!)

exterior, corner of passenger side rear bumper was repainted very amateurishly, but no dent. Bumper would need repainting but no repairing. Rest of exterior is very good. No other repaired damage or insurance claims.

How much can I expect them to ding me for the bumper paint? It would cost me approx $3-500 to have it done, obviously cost to dealer is lower

title: original owner, purchased when lease expired. Planning to purchase a 2013-14 Murano very soon.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,815
    It has 1830 miles on it and they are asking $24992. Going in the morning for a 2nd round of negotiations and not sure if this is a good price. It has a power drivers seat so it has a certain package. Very clean vehicle, hey it's really brand new, so not sure this price is a good one. Have them up to $7500 on my '06 Honda Civic LX which is the highest from any dealer. think they want to make a deal but they want $17.2 plus tt&l with my vehicle which I think is about $500.00 too high. They have a $699 dealer fee, which most Florida dealers do.
    So, is their price fair and would be $16.8k plus tt&l from me cash plus my car be fair for both sides? I want "fair" for us all so please let me know. Sorry there's not much time here, but with their Black Friday sale, it might be gone before I get there tomorrow but I need to know if my price thoughts are in the ball park here! Thanks again Q!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,874
    The 1.6 ecoboost engines have had a lot of problems, recalls for internal and external issues.

So I should temper my enthusiasm for the Fiesta ST?
    (My wife desperately hopes so- she wants me to land on a 500 Abarth)

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

• crkyolfrtcrkyolfrt Posts: 2,345
    So I should temper my enthusiasm for the Fiesta ST?

IMO, yes, but then I'm a Ford boycotter from way back. I also could not believe how really really bad the seat was in a non turbo '13 Fiesta I sat in last summer. The only subC car seat that is worse is the Versa.

Sure..the seats in the turbo are bound to better, but at the end of the day, it's still a Ford.

I have a friend who has a non turbo 500. Aside from a known instrument light reflash issue, (fixed immediately) it's been without fault for 18 months. He also drives his beloved VW TDI when they salt the roads.

I know you are looking for something entirely different, but the L sure has some great ideas. I think they will do well with it also, although does quickly indicate the price of the turbo as std equipment, when you start to option it up even just a little off base.

I'd love to thrash an Abarth on a closed circuit for a couple hours...I'll bet it'd be almost as much fun as two wheels :wink:
    Ok, ok...so it's gonna be hard pressed to compete with 2 wheeled adrenaline...but still tons of fun nonetheless.
    I got the price wrong...they are asking $23992 after the $1k they are taking off right from the start. At $24992, I know it's not a good deal but that extra $1k helps me feel that much better. We will see in the a m as it stands now!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2015 Audi A3 (wife)/2015 Golf SE (me)/2009 Nissan Versa SL Hatch (daughter #1)/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS (daughter #2)

• stickguystickguy Posts: 15,670
    do you know what the original MSRP on that was?

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (daughters college car)

$26 and change I think but am not sure. As of right now, I've put the search on temp hold as now, I am just not sure and the price they want, is more than I want to pay right now. So I will hold off!!!

The Sandman

• explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,972
    I don't know how different the 1.6 in the Fiesta is from the one in the Escape.
    This morning, I did see a Festa ST at the dealer where I was getting the 09 Escape serviced.
    My mom has a Fiesta and it's amazingly good on the highway, around town not as much.
    Fiesta is a 'B' sized car, not a 'C'.
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,874
    I like the size of the Fiesta- it is nimble or "wieldy" as the Brits put it. And I live the optional heated Recaros; some drivers find the bolstering to be too aggressive but for a track geek like me they are perfect. As I mentioned in another topic, my main concerns are long-term reliability and the quality of service(or rather the lack thereof) provided by the Ford dealers in my area.

Mine: 1995 318ti Club Sport 1975 2002A 2007 Mazdaspeed 3 1999 Wrangler 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica Wife's: 2009 328i Son's: 2004 X3 2.5

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,689
    well, i took the weekend off.
    If anyone still wants numbers, please repost. It seems, at least in sandman's case, it is no longer needed.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,312
    "Well, i took the weekend off."

So did the website -- good timing.
    edited September 2012
    oh, hell, in that case... I tried all weekend to help you good folks out!

• ger3sfger3sf Posts: 29
    Hello,
    My BMWFS lease is coming due and thinking about buying out my car. Residual is $49.8k, and if the market/auction prices are lower, can I negotiate the buyout price?

Year/Make/Model: 2011 BMW M3 E93
    Body Style: [Convertible]
    Engine: [4.0 liter, 8 cylinder, 6-spd manual]
    Driveline: RWD
    Mileage: 30,5xx
    Color: Interlagos Blue exterior/interior Black/silver Nappa leather
    Major Options: Nav, EDC, Premium
    Condition: No dents/dings, glossy paint, clean leather
    Tires - near new (<2k miles)
    Brakes: good
    Maintenance: up to date, no warning lights 'on'
    Other: Orig MSRP was around $78k.

Thanks!
    Yep, I'm done so to speak and not quite sure what I really got for it. The numbers were all fixed around my cash price of $16k so they over inflated the trade price to make the numbers work. Glad I took the Tuscon over the Outlander SE though if I had known much about the Ford C Max, I would've tried that also just for the mileage figures. I know the dealer put it on their website at $10,650 and it was off that same day, not sure how long it had been posted on there but they didn't even fix the rear bumper. Got a call the day after I sold it and just said it was gone as I didn't want to know the price at that point in time. Whatever, it's gone now and have already moved forward. If things were different and I had sole it first, I would've had a rental right now and still possibly be looking as having a straight cash deal makes things so much easier to begin with. But we like Hyundai, like their warranty and love their close location to our house...hell, I could walk there on a nice clear cool day. Having two and a possible third in the stable isn't such a bad thing. The wife mentioned that she'll look at the Accent but now said she might consider the Mazda3 again which tells me, she's gonna have another Mazda3 when all is said and done as I know she won't like the lack of power that the Accent has. She's used to her 2.3 engine and though she would settle for the 2.0, the smaller 1.6 on a daily basis would drive her crazy. I just know that when it's all over, another Mazda3 will be on her side of the garage which is fine by me truthfully. Mazda makes a fine vehicle and it's been pretty reliable really...after 100k, things start to happen. And hell, we also swapped out some motor mounts in our '93 Camry as I recall, stuff like that just happens when one keeps a vehicle for a longer period of time. I do think that the Hyundai Elantra would really be her best choice here, and I will steer her in that direction when the time comes. Luckily they are both across the street which makes my life easier personally since I service the whole fleet...why drive farther away than I have to really.

The Sandman

auction value is in the $42-44k range. I don't think BMW negotiates, but it never hurts to try.

• sb55sb55 On an Island in VermontPosts: 185

OK, so it's back. It will take some getting used to the new look.

2007 Miata, 2010 BMW 535xiT, 2014 Chevy Silverado LT Ext. cab, 2006 Subaru Legacy Wagon

Hope QB finds the new home. Cause I got a question. 2 actually. Both 2009 BMWs:

1) 328i 4 door. RWD. 40K on the clock, premium/climate, looks clean, new sneaks. Certified until 12/14. At a local used car lot. dark blue over tan

2) 128i. Black over black, premium/sport. 55K on it. at a VW dealer.

My son has gone BMW happy now. Knows he can't afford a new one, and is thinking of going this way instead of leasing something less fancy.

2015 Hyundai Sonata 2.4i Limited Tech (mine), 2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (daughters college car)

edited December 2013

1) might be this one: 12/18/13 NJ Regular $15,000 40,199 Avg BLUE 6G A

2) Could it be called Gray? Here is one in NY and one in CA:

11/07/13 SO CAL Regular $14,400 53,326 Avg WHITE 6G M

12/17/13 NY Regular $12,600 55,020 Below GRAY 6G A

• 100chuck100chuck Posts: 130

Wow it's kind of strange to look at some of the postings from the beginning.

• drpc2010drpc2010 Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

I have a black 2006 volvo s80 with 85000k miles. It looks very sharp and is fun to drive but I dont need it anymore. What should I expect its value to be?

edited December 2013

Almost bought a BMW 1 Series, white over white, 2011 with 20k on the clock when I was looking for my new ride. Great little vehicle but ingress/egress was a challenge so took it off the short list. Liked the BMW X1 and X3 but both a little too pricey for me. Tried the Tiguan and was going to go back for a 2nd ride but decided to just go with the Tuscon when all was said and done. Am very happy with the rig and the price I paid.

The Sandman :) B)

edited January 1

@drpc2010 said: I have a black 2006 volvo s80 with 85000k miles. It looks very sharp and is fun to drive but I dont need it anymore. What should I expect its value to be?

Maybe $5k as a trade, depending on all the details, and assuming you mean 85k miles, not 85,000,000. ;)

• drew11mdrew11m Posts: 85

Need some help please with trade value for 2012 Jetta TDI Premium with manual transmission. (local VW dealer is trying to get me in for end of the year 2013 Jetta TDI Premium with Auto, but is lowballing hard on the trade value with a 15K valuation)

State:Missouri Condition: Great, no dings or scratches. Mileage: 26500 Clean title Good tread on tires. Regularly serviced with VW Last Service at 20K 14 months and 10K left on original warrant Moonroof, Fender Radio, Bluetooth

Was in one accident with sheet metal damage to rear quarter panel, but was completely repaired with OEM parts and looks perfect.

Thanks in advance!!! You guys rock

@drew11m said: Need some help please with trade value for 2012 Jetta TDI Premium with manual transmission. (local VW dealer is trying to get me in for end of the year 2013 Jetta TDI Premium with Auto, but is lowballing hard on the trade value with a 15K valuation)

State:Missouri Condition: Great, no dings or scratches. Mileage: 26500 Clean title Good tread on tires. Regularly serviced with VW Last Service at 20K 14 months and 10K left on original warrant Moonroof, Fender Radio, Bluetooth

Was in one accident with sheet metal damage to rear quarter panel, but was completely repaired with OEM parts and looks perfect.

Thanks in advance!!! You guys rock

That's actually quite strong. He is giving you "above average" value, which it isn't given the accident history, no matter how well repaired. So if the deal on the new one is good and it makes sense to you to take the 1 year huge depreciation hit, then you should jump.

• notfastnotfast Posts: 15

Hi there... can someone please provide me the "true value" of my car? I have a 2007Acura TL Type with 85K miles in Chicago (zip code 60192, if that helps). Recent brakes, new battery and 4 tires. Has a few small cosmetic chips off rear bumper. Thanks in advance!

• brian125brian125 New york / S.C. myrtle beachPosts: 3,197
    edited January 3

sandman,

Did you compare the Tuscon to the Nissan rogue? please give me your thoughts good and bad on the Tuscon so far. . Do you feel the engine is adequate pwr. How is the gas mileage. Tks.

2013 Genesis 5.0 R-spec, 2013 Accord EXL V-6, 2012 BMW x-5, 2012 ML350

• drew11mdrew11m Posts: 85
    Thanks Q. Good to know. Their deal was end of the year good, but the value proposition of spending 6K for a new 13 just wasn't there. Aside from going to a auto transmission it's the exact same car, and at 21700 for a Jetta TDI premium it's a great price, but at 26K miles i got plenty of life left even of its karma is slightly off

Happy new year all

@notfast said: Hi there... can someone please provide me the "true value" of my car? I have a 2007Acura TL Type with 85K miles in Chicago (zip code 60192, if that helps). Recent brakes, new battery and 4 tires. Has a few small cosmetic chips off rear bumper. Thanks in advance!

roundabout $12k-12,500

@drew11m

Good choice. That's just way too much to swallow for 1 year of service.

hmm, that was odd. post seemed to go vapor? wonder if a link sent it to moderation?

anyway, what do you think on a 2006 BMW 525i. Black over gray, RWD. 106K. Looks clean. at a little used lot (front of a trailer sales place, they usually have 10 or so cars there). Asking $10,995. Fair? Should I just run and hide?