Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,478

mazda - huh...there seem to be ZERO of these out west. So I'll have to give you the East number, which would be around $11k-$12k.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,731

So Q, what should I ask/expect for this? Private sale only.

2007 Volvo s40. Dark blue over tan leather. Climate and premium so power seats, bun warmers, headlight washers, moonroof and fancier stereo.

106k now. Runs good. Clean inside. Some touch up needed outside, but I can work on that. No real damage. Tires fairly new, about to go to dealer for annual service.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

edited June 30

there is quite a spread on these, but I'll have to assume the lower buck bids are for lower buck models. Given the equipment on ours, trade-in is probably in the $5500 zip code. Depending on how fast you want to unload it, I'd probably start out $7495 or $7995 and go from there.

Torchlight has a few for comparison.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,731

I saw Torchlight. some of those are higher miles or similar but older.

That was actually about the $ I was figuring. Not expecting to buy a replacement at the dealer, so no worry about trade in. So I was thinking a nice ad with $7,995, and see what happens. Won't be a rush, so I can hold out indefinitely.

I'll sell this one 1st and the TL after. that I suspect will go quick when I need it to, and won't generate as much return.

so my convoluted plan is sell Volvo, find replacement, then sell TL. so going 3-2-3-2!

2013 Acura RDX (wife's) and 2007 Volvo S40 (mine)

• d2ced2ce Posts: 2

I was hoping to get an estimate on what I can expect for a 2008 Camry Hybrid with 97K w/ Navigation and moonroof. It's in clean condition. All scheduled maintenance has been done by Toyota. No accidents.

I'm in NJ. Thanks for any input.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,684

The wife's '05 Mazda3s just hit 137k and besides the a/c not working on #1 and #2, the "at" light came on the other day. Figuring that if we don't fix things, we'd get about the same trade number from a dealer which would probably be super low. Does it pay to fix before we trade or not? Doubt we wouldn't get anymore if we did the fixes here. Just looking for the best way to get her into something new in the somewhat near future. Any thoughts would be appreciated here. It really has been a good vehicle over these past 9 years as today is it's birthday.

The Sandman :) B)

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

Camry = $9k-$9500

mazda = you never can tell. all depends on their mood.

• sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,684

Figured that but hate to throw too much $ at it right now because that's happened in the past and it really is wasted $. Rather put the same funds into the new vehicle and call it a day. But since it's not my decision, or my funds being used, all I can do is give my opinion and I've already done that.

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• d2ced2ce Posts: 2
  • sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100

Looking for a wholesale value/trade on the following

2007 New Body Style Chevrolet Silverado 2500 W/T (LS Package) 2WD Duramax Diesel 97,000 miles 8 foot bed Good Condition Silver

Southern Louisiana

Thanks, Sam

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,762

@sandman_6472 said: The wife's '05 Mazda3s just hit 137k and besides the a/c not working on #1 and #2, the "at" light came on the other day. Figuring that if we don't fix things, we'd get about the same trade number from a dealer which would probably be super low. Does it pay to fix before we trade or not? Doubt we wouldn't get anymore if we did the fixes here. Just looking for the best way to get her into something new in the somewhat near future. Any thoughts would be appreciated here. It really has been a good vehicle over these past 9 years as today is it's birthday.

With those miles the dealer will probably just wholesale that Mazda. Anytime there are lights on the dealer will have to assume it's the worst thing possible that is wrong.

Yeah, don't expect a lot of money.

edited July 1

hmmm... Regular Cab, right?

Tough one. ALL examples have been in southern cali and all have had far fewer miles than yours.

I'm a bit confused by these, to be honest. When I look at the W/T, its looking like a $15k truck. When I look at the LS, its more like $10k. BUT, since those W/Ts are all in Cali, that could affect it greatly since I think Cali has a much much higher demand for diesels if I'm not mistaken. I just don't know what to tell ya.

• sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100

Hi Qbrozen: It is the crew cab W/T with the Diesel and the new body style. GM had the classic body style also in 2007.

• jkipsterjkipster Posts: 65

@qbrozen said: G35: well, California seems to love these. Worth more there than in the northern states. You'd probably see $7k-$7500 from a dealer if it has had no paintwork and is clean.

What should I expect from a private sale? Thanks.

• 28firefighter28firefighter Posts: 602

Thanks, Q - none out west makes it more valuable, right? :smile:

edited July 1

Chevy: I can't tell from auction listings what the body style was. I'm gonna go with my $10k number based on one in VA with 75k miles getting $12k at the block. I would have thought the crew would have added to the number significantly, but doesn't appear that way.

G35: Again, if clean history and all that, you could detail it up and put a tag on it for $9995 and take the first $9k that comes along.

• ivylucyivylucy Posts: 12

What can I expect for wholesale on an '08 Saturn Outlook XR V6 3.6L FWD with 124,912 miles? Vehicle is located in Eureka, Illinois and is red. Thank you!

If clean and no prior accidents, about $7k

Dealership is asking $13,814 for said Outlook... What should I think about trying to get it for? Thank you so much!!

I would also be paying cash if that makes a difference.

And I should add, it has the air bag connector recall that needs to be done still.

wow! that's quite a markup. Can you even get the recall done?? I'd check on that first. I guess you call a chevy dealer. Sooo... let's see... I think they should be hard up to get rid of a Saturn these days. Let's say they've got $8500 into it. $10k purchase should be doable.

• buster6buster6 Posts: 104

Thank you in advance for any guidance. I have a 2013 Equinox LTZ V6 FWD. It is pretty loaded up with V6, nav, roof, chrome rims and 19" tires. White with grey/Black leather interior located in Phoenix. Mileage is at 16,500 right now. Everything is in good shape on the vehicle.

• paulhuangpaulhuang Posts: 63

Hey guys, I haven't been around in a few years and glad to see RWTIV thread is still going on strong (did Terry ever come back?). Would appreciate some guidance.

Wife's 2007 RX350 AWD was in a collision last month when someone pulled out in front of her. Damage didn't look that bad, but the shop bill was 6000. Replaced hood, right fender, right headlight, right headlight washer, bumper cover (was actually pretty scratched before the accident). The whole front end and part of the doors were painted (big value killer if I recall from hanging out here in the past)

The shop is supposed to be good (Caliber Collision, big company on the west coast, MB certified collision center and my State Farm agent recommended them) but the car is not good as new - the panel gaps are somewhat uneven. I am taking it back in next week to get some adjustments.

Car has 34k miles. I am wondering how much diminished value I might be looking at to see if it's worth filing a claim with insurance.

Thank you for your help and have a great Fourth of July everyone!

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116

probably 15 to 20%, or more if the repair order shows "frame damage" or "frame pull". So I'd guess $3,000 to $4,000 is still on the table for you to pickup. However, you will need a professional appraiser to do a "diminished value appraisal" on your vehicle, which is then submitted as a claim against the offending party's insurance company. Most insurance companies dislike these types of claims so you will have to keep the pressure up.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

I found another Saturn Outlook XR, this time it's a midnight blue "07 model V6 FWD with 157660 miles on it, in Peoria, IL. They're asking $9988 for it. What should I expect to pay for it? I'm hoping to get OTD for $6000 or less. Think its possible?

• henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 157

In a word - No.

To get OTD (Out The Door) for $6,000, you would have to be at +/- $5,500 before tax, title and license. That would be about 45% (almost half) off of their asking price. In all my years of buying and selling used cars, I've never seen anyone come down 45% from their asking price.

edited July 6

Agree with the above. I had you at $10k on the '08 with 30k fewer miles. Without even looking this one up, I'd say you'd be doing OK to get OTD for $8500.

If $6k is your budget, maybe you should really reconsider your target vehicle.

Ideally, my target vehicle is the Saturn outlook. But what we need is something with three rows of seating (no vans though, I'm not ready to be a soccer mom) that will hold at least 7 people and be able to comfortably fit four rear faced car seats. Any suggestions there?

We would also be trading in a vehicle too though, so you have to figure that into the deal. We might even possibly buy a warranty from them depending on the price. Trade in is an "03 Saturn Vue V6 AWD with all leather interior/running boards/roof rack with roughly 148,000 miles on it in between fair and good condition.