Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,380
    edited July 21

@qbrozen um, 4 cyl sedan? That would probably help...

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,471

Xline pushes it up a bit. Those are right at $31k with 12k miles. So MAYBE they paid $29k for it, bumping all numbers up $1k.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

ti - I'll just assume its an automatic. 3 identical ones have gone through up and down the northeast, all for $21,800. So figure $20,500-21k.

Was that available with a manual? I don't see any on the list, so if you have one, probably a big hit.

• tifightertifighter WAPosts: 1,380

Thanks q. EXL not avail with a manual.

15 Leaf / 08 RDX

• henrynhenryn Houston, TXPosts: 154

Okay, I'm trying to understand what I'm seeing here.

This car:

http://www.texasautopros.com/vehicles/2007-cadillac-dts--31#.U86XB_ldX9Y

With a link to this AutoCheck report:

http://www.texasautopros.com/auto-check/118521

I'm not as familiar with AutoCheck as I am with CarFax. This report says

"Calculated Owners: 1"

But it also shows the car being at auction 4 times:

01/15/2014

01/17/2014

03/17/2014

03/20/2014

And then it shows 03/22/2014 62,767 miles SERVICE CONTRACT ISSUED

Why would a dealer or wholesaler buy a service contract?

Q, could you perchance find what this car sold for at auction back in March?

And I would be grateful for any informed opinions about this AutoCheck report.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,718

pretty sure that owners just means registered ones, so if for some reason it was flipped through the auction a few times (could have been a no sale? maybe returned, or re-ran after not selling on the lot) that it would not count as being owned.

You do sometimes see odd listings like that. Not sure what the service contract means, but could be one of the lots that advertises "3 month powertrain warranty" on their cars.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116

CARFAX pretty much confirms what Autocheck says. Looks like the car was sold by a dealer or two back to auction because they couldn't move it for some reason.

this is the kind of car you want to put a set of eyeballs on, to see what, if any, problem might exist.

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

edited July 22

I'd run from this car. Check out the service history. Seems to me it pissed off the original owner and has since been kicked around the sales arena for quite some time. If you look on the warranty tab on that website, I think that probably answers the contract bit.

The records I have access to don't go back that far, and prices are all over the place. could have been anywhere from $8k-$11k.

Thanks to all, Qbrozen, Mr_Shiftright, and Stickguy. I was pretty sure this was not something I wanted to mess with, but I was trying to figure out how to read that report, and make sense of what it said.

A used Cadillac DTS with low mileage is hard to find, and they tend to be quite expensive when you do find one. But somehow I can't wrap my head around the idea of buying any used car with 150k miles.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 45,116
    edited July 23

MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!

Thanks for the links, but I'm in Houston, a VERY long way from San Francisco. (smile)

The nomenclature for the Cadillac DeVille and DTS models changed quite appreciably in 2006. Prior to 2006, you had your base DeVille, your DeVille DHS, and your DeVille DTS. DHS was the luxury model, DTS was the sporty model. Prior to 2006, if it said DTS, it automatically had a console instead of a front bench seat. From 2006 onwards, the word DeVille was dropped, and they were all “DTS”. On the newer models, you have to see a picture of the front seat area to know if it has a console. The older 2003 model year “DTS” cars that you linked automatically had a console just because they were the “DeVille DTS”.

I don't like consoles, they force my right leg into an upright stance. My right knee is made of titanium steel and space age plastics, and does not like being forced into that upright stance for very long. I would prefer a newer Cadillac (2006 to 2011 DTS), but it has to have the bench seat. While I might consider an older DeVille (2000 to 2005), it would have to be the base DeVille or the DeVille DHS, most definitely not the DeVille DTS with the console.

Apologies for the long winded post.

• murphydogmurphydog Posts: 503

2008 RX 350 AWD. 53,000 miles. Black on Black, Leather, Nav, backup camera, 18 inch wheels. Pretty much loaded except the Mark L audio system. Good condition - Trade in value?

low miles, so you could probably see up to $16k for it, unless you are in the south, where the black/black suffers and AWD doesn't add a whole lot.

• Hello! Can I get an estimated trade in value of my current lease? I am going to lease another Honda.

I am trading in my 2012 Honda EX-L 4 Cyl Coupe. It is an Automatic. It is WELL UNDER MILEAGE. I have about 24K on the car as opposed to the allowed 36K. In really good condition. No accidents. Any other info needed? Thanks!!

maybe $16k.

• sebring95sebring95 Posts: 3,233

Here's one I'm thinking about: 2010 Acura TL SH-AWD with Tech. White/Umber (kinda redish/brownish leather). Very good shape, 31k miles, one owner, local guy, traded at a Jeep dealer. Carfax shows all maintenance performed at an Acura dealer. They have it priced at $26k which is right on edmunds and KBB retail numbers. Thanks!

• isellhondasisellhondas Issaquah WashingtonPosts: 17,762

@malibustarbuks said: Hello! Can I get an estimated trade in value of my current lease? I am going to lease another Honda.

I am trading in my 2012 Honda EX-L 4 Cyl Coupe. It is an Automatic. It is WELL UNDER MILEAGE. I have about 24K on the car as opposed to the allowed 36K. In really good condition. No accidents. Any other info needed? Thanks!!

Generally speaking you shouldn't expect to have positive equity in a lease but in your case, depending on how they et up the residual you may have some.

Sometimes in their zeal to move inventory Honda has a tendency to set the residuals a bit too high in order to offer attractive lease payments. Then they get burned a bit when the cars get turned in.

The fact your Civic is a coupe and not a sedan will hurt it's value a bit since couple don't sell nearly as well as the sedans do and, of course, the person appraising the car will be well aware of that.

Still, the fact you will be leasing another Honda will be a major factor in your favor.

edited July 31

Q, I know you're on vacation, but if you get a few minutes .... B)

Houston, TX area

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500, crew cab, Texas Edition

Black

48k miles

clean, one owner, no accidents, immaculate inside (cloth interior, it's the LT, not the LTZ)

Scratches inside the bed from hauling things, but perfect paint otherwise.

I have a pretty good idea what this would retail for, but I'm curious about the trade in value.

• mitchpcfrmitchpcfr Posts: 2
    Hey Bill, I'm looking at buying a 2012 Ford Explorer XLT with 21k miles. I got the price down to about 27k right now. Was wondering if this is a good deal or still too much, thanks.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,755

@mitchpcfr, It will help to know if it's AWD/FWD and cloth or leather, sunroof, tow package?

• linden3linden3 Posts: 4
    Curious about trade in value of a 2010 Nissan Titan Pro4x, V8 auto, black/black leather pkg, utility pkg (spray in bed liner/ utility rails, etc), Rockford fosgate stereo, tow pkg, w/ Nissan side steps. 33k miles in very good condition. It did have hood/roof hail damage repaired, and front/rear bumpers replaced (all OEM parts) due to mild low-speed impacts bc people can't watch where they're going.

Thanks.
    edited August 3

Henryn and Mitch, I need engine and drive wheels.

Isell, ya know, I wasn't even thinking Civic. Since he pointed out 4-cyl, my brain went right to Accord. In any case, is the situation the same for accord coupes vs sedans? I'd assume so, but just curious.

Linden, there haven't been many going through. If a crew cab, maybe $19-20k. If extended cab...I'll take a stab at $17.

@qbrozen

I need engine and drive wheels.

Ack! Knew I'd forget something. Let's try this again.

Houston, TX area

2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT 1500, crew cab, Texas Edition

5.3L v8, Rear Wheel Drive

Black

48k miles

clean, one owner, no accidents, immaculate inside (cloth interior, it's the LT, not the LTZ)

Scratches inside the bed from hauling things, but perfect paint otherwise.

I have a pretty good idea what this would retail for, but I'm curious about the trade in value.

Cheapest one crossed at $21k. Most expensive at $25k. So tough to pin down. Will depend greatly on whether they will wholesale it or retail it. If the former, maybe $20k. If the latter, maybe $22k.

Thanks, Q. Appreciated. My friend told me that she got $23k for it on trade in, and I thought she was being hood winked by the dealer, but it sounds like it might actually be true (or at least close to true).

Sounds like she did well, at least on that side of the deal. ;)

• zaffyzaffy Posts: 9

Any idea how much I would get for a 2009 Mazda RX-8 Sport 6 speed Manual with Leather at 45k miles? I see listings for them in my area from 14k to 16k with much higher mileage, wondering about the trade-in value. Thanks!

• Hello- looking for trade-in value and private sale value Rockville, MD 20878 2005 Lexus LS 430 Silver 77K miles Clean, one owner, no accidents, several small/med exterior scratches

• nyccarguynyccarguy Stamford, CTPosts: 7,692
    edited August 7

Hey @qbrozen. You are away this week aren't you? Hope your vacation is going well. When you get a chance, can you give me an updated trade value for my Mom's 2013 X5 35i Premium? Sapphire Black, Black Nevada Leather. Cold weather, Tech, 16,500 miles. (9/10 body & interior). AWD, NYC suburbs, Backup Camera, Navigation, Hot Seats, Hot Wheel… Same car I posted about a month ago.

Thank-you as always!

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2011 Pilot EX-L 4WD, 2015 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium

• stickguystickguy Posts: 14,718

Wait, she just dumped the Porsche for the BMW, and now wants out of that? I must have forgotten the back story but seems vaguely familiar. What us replacing this one?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)