Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• andres3andres3 CAPosts: 5,341

That's a Prestige, right? Man, that's a huge hit. It would be $47k wholesale for a clean one.

It's a premium plus, about $5K less MSRP than a normally/fully loaded S4. No Nav... still... should be able to get $40K for it but accidents scare your typical Audi buyer.
  • amarmistryNJamarmistryNJ New JerseyPosts: 12
    qbrozen said:

It is a fair enough price. An alignment so soon is a bit worrisome to me, though. Would make me wonder why it is out of alignment. I'd also opt for much cheaper (read: non-runflat) tires. I'd want at least another $500 off, but that's just me. Compared to 95% of the buying public, you are getting a decent deal as is.

Yes, thank you. I doubt he will knock out another 500 after its already agreed upon. But I will try!

qbrozen said:

It is a fair enough price. An alignment so soon is a bit worrisome to me, though. Would make me wonder why it is out of alignment. I'd also opt for much cheaper (read: non-runflat) tires. I'd want at least another $500 off, but that's just me. Compared to 95% of the buying public, you are getting a decent deal as is.

Well couldn't the alignment go off for various reasons? I doubt he will knock out another 500 after its already agreed upon. But I will try!
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,638
    well, if I was investing all that money in new tires, I would do an alignment anyway just to make sure.

besides Q, you live in Jersey too, and you wonder why any car needs an alignment after the last winter? I'm more surprised to find a car that doesn't.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)

• sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100
    sbuhler said:

Hi qbrozen. The 2011 XC90 did not work out, really not in good shape.

Would appreciate help on this other option to know what the value is wholesale.
    It is 2010 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD, Multi Media Package, BLIS, Oyster Silver
    Louisiana and has 50,000 miles.

Thanks!

Thanks qbrozen. This one has been sitting on the lot for almost 7 months. I wonder if prices were higher or lower back then. This one went through the Southwest Region on 2/18/2014 with 48,377 miles. Do you have access to data that far back?
  • sbuhlersbuhler Posts: 100
    qbrozen said:

hmmm... there was a silver one that sold in PA back in June with 49k on it. Brought $24k. Another silver in July at Nashville with 60k on it for $23,500.

So, let's assume they have ... maybe $25k in it tops? If this is a Volvo dealer, I'll guess they are asking $29k and should be more than happy at $27,500. If a non-Volvo dealer, I'd probably be trying to get it for $1k less than that.

Thanks qbrozen. This one has been sitting on the lot for almost 7 months. I wonder if prices were higher or lower back then. This one went through the Southwest Region on 2/18/2014 with 48,377 miles. Do you have access to data that far back?
  • roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,579

I am getting a 2013 BMW 528i X Drive with 37000 miles on it for 32K. In service date for this car was 12/26/2012, to its about 1 yr 9 months old car. It is all serviced and inspected yesterday at a local BMW Dealer in NJ. It is a not a CPO. Will need new tires and alignment. Other than that its all fine. I reached out to the dealer who originally sold this car but he won't give me copy of all features/options car had while it was sold. From what he read me on the phone, this car doesn't have any package offered by BMW, but has front heated seat, navigation system and Black Dakota leather trim. I believe the navigation and blank dakota leather were the option that came with a price.

I want to know if this is a good price I am getting the car for.

bmwarchive.org/vin/bmw-vin-decoder.html

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

I am getting a 2013 BMW 528i X Drive with 37000 miles on it for 32K. In service date for this car was 12/26/2012, to its about 1 yr 9 months old car. It is all serviced and inspected yesterday at a local BMW Dealer in NJ. It is a not a CPO. Will need new tires and alignment. Other than that its all fine. I reached out to the dealer who originally sold this car but he won't give me copy of all features/options car had while it was sold. From what he read me on the phone, this car doesn't have any package offered by BMW, but has front heated seat, navigation system and Black Dakota leather trim. I believe the navigation and blank dakota leather were the option that came with a price.

@roadburner‌ Thats exactly where I went to get the VIN decoded for my car. Btw, it lists Dakota leather as an optional, but I thought all 5-series came standard with the leather seats, isn't it?

qbrozen said:

Yes, thank you. I doubt he will knock out another 500 after its already agreed upon. But I will try!
    @qbrozen‌ Yes, I would definitely opt for non-runflat tires. I can't justify the high cost of run flat.
  • jpp5862jpp5862 NCPosts: 352
    qbrozen said:

@jpp5862 said:
    Although at the end of the day, I'll pay more over the next 20 months than I'd lose....talk me out of it. :)

But you are getting use out of the car over the next 20 months.

What is the buyout?

I am, I just don't "love" it and would rather put the money towards something else...but it's only 20 more months. The buyout is around $33K, so I'll hold on to it.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,438
    hmmm... past accident damage is always tough on an evaluation without seeing it in person. Clean ones are right around $28k, putting fair non-CPO retail in that $32k zip code. They don't list it as CPO, which is concerning from a Ford dealer. If anything more than a bumper was painted, I wouldn't pay any more than $28k retail. Otherwise just find one with clean history.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '14 Town&Country

sbuhler said:

qbrozen said:

hmmm... there was a silver one that sold in PA back in June with 49k on it. Brought $24k. Another silver in July at Nashville with 60k on it for $23,500.

So, let's assume they have ... maybe $25k in it tops? If this is a Volvo dealer, I'll guess they are asking $29k and should be more than happy at $27,500. If a non-Volvo dealer, I'd probably be trying to get it for $1k less than that.

I don't. I have a few from April, but they were all above average condition for around $27k. If they have had it that long, yes, they probably paid more for it. But that shouldn't bother you one bit. Continuing to hold onto it isn't going to make them money. They need to cut their losses and get out of it. If they were in that $27k range at auction when they bought it, then they need to swallow their pride and be happy with breaking even now.

edited September 11
    andres3 said:

That's a Prestige, right? Man, that's a huge hit. It would be $47k wholesale for a clean one.

>It's a premium plus, about $5K less MSRP than a normally/fully loaded S4. No Nav... still... should be able to get $40K for it but accidents scare your typical Audi buyer.

Well, that's not quite so bad then. About $42-43k wholesale for a clean one of those.

• 100chuck100chuck Posts: 129
    qbrozen said:

hmmm... past accident damage is always tough on an evaluation without seeing it in person. Clean ones are right around $28k, putting fair non-CPO retail in that $32k zip code. They don't list it as CPO, which is concerning from a Ford dealer. If anything more than a bumper was painted, I wouldn't pay any more than $28k retail. Otherwise just find one with clean history.

Wow!!! you hit it right on the nose, she offer $29,000 out the door and they came back at $29,799 and settle at $29,500.
  • breldbreld Posts: 1,325
    jpp5862 said:

I'm thinking about pulling a @breld (no offense breld!), what could I get out of my Fusion Energi for? Perfect storm of our perfect house becoming available, the honeymoon being over with the Fusion (let's be honest I WANT a Tesla, and this was a compromise, a BIG one) and driving way more than expected. :)

2014 Energi Titanium, 2,000 miles, all options except heated steering wheel.

No offense taken - I've earned (or paid for, I suppose) the reputation. :)

Can't remember - did you buy or lease? If a lease, you could try one of the "lease trader" sites to have someone simply take over the lease payments. Or, try to sell it privately and eek out more than any trade offer - particularly since it doesn't sound like you'd be trading it in on anything (so no tax savings).

2011 BMW 535xi - 2015 GTI - 2008 A3 - 2009 Ody

• roadburnerroadburner Posts: 6,579

@roadburner‌ Thats exactly where I went to get the VIN decoded for my car. Btw, it lists Dakota leather as an optional, but I thought all 5-series came standard with the leather seats, isn't it?
    The VIN decoders base what is standard and optional off the way the car is sold in Europe. For example, the printout for my 1995 Club Sport lists the front passenger airbag and air conditioning as optional, but they were standard on all US spec BMWs.

2009 328i / 2004 X3 2.5/ 1995 318ti Club Sport/ 1975 2002A/ 2007 Mazdaspeed 3/ 1999 Wrangler/ 1996 Speed Triple Challenge Cup Replica

• Hi Guys

Looking to take my 2008 Nissan Versa S with 87000 miles in good condition to trade in at dealership, where I plan to buy a $26,000K Honda Accord EX-L . I wont mention the trade in tell we have a deal. Now Kelly's Blue Book said it was around $4571 trade in value, So I would assume is closer to $3800?
    sedan or hatch? auto or manual? color? part of the country?

Springing the trade at the end doesn't help anyone. All it does is make you both work twice as hard. The difference is the difference, and how they slice it up shouldn't matter to you. For example, they give you $2500 for your versa and you pay $25k for the honda is the same if they gave you $3500 and you paid your 26k. But if you lock in a sale price first and then spring the trade, you've taken away some of their flexibility. I've often done deals where they have majorly overallowed on the trade and made up for it on the car I'm buying. Fine by me if that someone makes them feel better or shows better on their books or whatever the reason is. I'm paying the same either way.

• I'm looking to trade in my 2009 Sienna XLE, 2WD, leather interior with 69k miles on it. I have always leased and this is the first vehicle I have ever traded in. Its in VG condition. No accidents. I detail it 2x a year so its clean inside and out. No NAV. Sunroof. Still under platinum Toyota warranty until 75k. KBB shows $2500 higher trade in then Edmunds, so I'm not sure what its worth. One dealer has offered me $15k.
  • 2008 Nissan Versa S with 87000 miles, hatch,auto, white,air and L.A, Calfironia
    Sienna - $15k is top top dollar. Must be very nice and the dealer is going to retail it themselves. Wholesale is $12.5k-$13k.

Versa - $3k-$3500

• Thank you for offering your knowledge in this thread! Trade in values are always less than I expect, and we're buying a new car this week and I don't want to be surprised. Here's what we're trading in:

2010 Mazda MAZDA3 s sport hatchback with 22,000 miles. Automatic. Boston area. No additional packages. Great condition mechanically, a couple of small dents on the sides (parking lots...).

Thank you!
    Very very low miles. Probably $10k-$11k, depending how they feel about it.

• jpp5862jpp5862 NCPosts: 352
    breld said:

jpp5862 said:

I'm thinking about pulling a @breld (no offense breld!), what could I get out of my Fusion Energi for? Perfect storm of our perfect house becoming available, the honeymoon being over with the Fusion (let's be honest I WANT a Tesla, and this was a compromise, a BIG one) and driving way more than expected. :)

2014 Energi Titanium, 2,000 miles, all options except heated steering wheel.

No offense taken - I've earned (or paid for, I suppose) the reputation. :)

Can't remember - did you buy or lease? If a lease, you could try one of the "lease trader" sites to have someone simply take over the lease payments. Or, try to sell it privately and eek out more than any trade offer - particularly since it doesn't sound like you'd be trading it in on anything (so no tax savings).

I leased, the sticker was $42,700 and I got offered $26K on a trade, so I'll just live with it for 20 more months unless one of the lease swap sites pans out.

I didn't expect top dollar for it but $16k depreciation off the top, sheesh I feel like I'm driving a Cimarron.
  • I'll be trading in my 2009 Honda Odyssey, EX-L, 145k miles, DVD entertainment system, very good condition. The trade-in price via KBB, Edmunds, & Nada is around $12k. I know that's not what the dealership will offer. Should I expect $9-10k?
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,859
    OwnAnOdy said:

I'll be trading in my 2009 Honda Odyssey, EX-L, 145k miles, DVD entertainment system, very good condition. The trade-in price via KBB, Edmunds, & Nada is around $12k. I know that's not what the dealership will offer. Should I expect $9-10k?

That's a shine it up, get maintenance up to date and sell it yourself.
    that's a helluva lot of miles. Its going to depend very heavily on how it shows and what the dealer wants to do with it. None with that many miles have gone through auction that weren't considered below average condition, so I'm honestly not sure where they will hit you. Don't be shocked to hear as low as $7k.

• beofgodbeofgod Posts: 7
    edited September 16
    2014 Subaru Crosstrek Hybrid Touring, Silver ext./Blk. leather int./with 13,000 miles...No dents or scratches.
    Looking to trade this in for something cheaper, what would I get max for a trade in...
    Thanks,
    Al
    Sorry zip 21144
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Forest Lakes, AZPosts: 3,281
    Tell him where're your located. It does matter. With such a new vehicle, plan to bend over, big time.
  • stickguystickguy Posts: 14,638
    Ok Q, on to plan B. What should I hold out for on my TL?

A 2000. Some battle scars (scratches and nicks) but shines up ok. 175k but really runs like much less. More important, 1 family owned. Always dealer serviced. Lots of good stuff done in the last 30k, and really needs nothing. Just a clean, honest car. That drives very well.

Going on Craig's. But not planning to give away. Just need to get rid of one of them.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (daughter stole that one), and 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again)