Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,913
    edited August 2013
    hmmm....
    At this point, its just one of those cars that's worth what someone is willing to pay. There is no good book on this, but based on the auction numbers, I'd probably try for $6k and take the first 5k that came along.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

• Looking for Private Party and Trade Value

2011 Volkswagen Tiguan SE FWD
    Automatic
    25k Miles
    Candy White
    Tan Leather Interior
    Sunroof
    Nav
    Heated Seats
    Fog Lights
    1-Owner, No Accidents
    5 Year/100k Mile Warranty

It looks like I have a buyer for my C30 at 22,500, which is pretty darn good given what I paid for it two years ago.

Thanks Q.
  • student22student22 Posts: 20
    edited August 2013
    2008 Ford Fusion SE V6
    FWD zip 73013
    Brand new Tires
    Cloth Seats
    Back up sensors
    Brakes 70%
    Maint up to date
    interior Avg few light stains on carpet but not bad
    Rear bumper got hit and run where paint is missing about 2 inches diameter not dented though
    Small scuffs under front bumper clear title.
    Silver ext tan interior
    What would this vehicle be worth private party and trade in?

Thanks
  • What would be a good retail value/ Trade in vaue on a 2012 Sienna LE V6 Silver CPO 27,000 Miles.
    Backup Camera
    Auto(1 Touch) Roll down windows
    8 Passenger seating
    Silver Ext Gray Int.
    Great shape.
    Cloth Interior
    Standard Equipment
    Tilt/Cruise/Roof Rails
    Auto sliding Doors
    Thanks
    ~$15k trade. $16,5-17,5 private

about $6k and 7500-8k, respectively.

are you buying or selling? Is that near the east coast? I see a silver one with 27,070 went through PA auction a week ago for $20,400. Figure a dealer would probably have somewhere around $22,500-23k into it for CPO when all is said and done. What are they asking for it?

• Wow! Guy is asking 21,7 which seems high now but low relative to the other prices I've seen on the market.

If I was looking at an identical truck in Black but CPO and 4Motion, would it make a big difference? A local dealer has one asking 23,995 - I'm thinking 20k is more in line for that?
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,968
    Around here, 4Motion sells and FWD sits... that may not be the case in the PNW..

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• I suspect you may be right - I think this is the only FWD I've seen for sale around here.

We don't need it really in Seattle proper itself, but if you go to the Mountains, the 4WD is generally considered mandatory.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    Saw one in white today and it looks good...something that would work for me also! Just afraid of VW reliability especially with a used one. At least with new, one has the full warranty in place just in case something happens. It looks like they did a slight refresh for the 2013 model which looks nice. A perfect sized vehicle and I'd bet the mileage figures ain't that bad either. A good choice for ya...and maybe for me, eventually!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• bj77bj77 Posts: 12
    Let me know if this is a good deal? Thanks
    edited September 2013
    I can't help you with that information. OTD means spit to me.

But if that's a 2012 CRV EXL AWD with 19k miles, its worth about $24k at auction. Even those rated as poor are hitting 22k.

That makes a world of difference. That's more around $20k at auction. So their asking price is quite fair for CPO, as a matter of fact.

• bj77bj77 Posts: 12
    Hi,

OTD- Out of the door (including taxes, doc fee, tag and title etc).I dont have the price breakout as I am telling the dealer this is the final price and he has agreed to it.. its a single owner and no accident history.Thoughts?
  • Wow. Talk about a spread. Makes a used FWD a good value....
  • corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,007
    We know what OTD means, it just doesn't mean anything because it's impossible to tell what kind of deal you're getting with an OTD price. Taxes and registration fees depend on your locality. The important numbers are the selling price, including all dealer fees such as doc fees, add-ons, warranties, etc. If you've already done the deal, then there's not much anyone can do to help at this point.
    Is there a trade-in involved? Because, as you can see by the auction value I posted, if the details of the vehicle are correct, the dealer is selling it for thousands below wholesale value.

• In the Midwest. They wanted 27xxx on the lot internet price 21,9XX CPO.
  • nicheelnicheel Posts: 2
    edited September 2013
    My wife would like to trade-in her 07 Subaru for a Honda/Toyota minivan. Can I get some help with trade-in value.

Year/Make/Model: 2007 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5i
    Body Style: Wagon
    Engine: 2.5i liter, 4 cyl, auto
    Driveline: AWD
    Mileage: 86,000
    Color: Blue/Tan Leather Interior
    Major Options: Leather, Dual-Moonroof, Dual Auto AC, Heated Seats, CD Changer, Auto Dimming Rear view, Alloy wheels, Custom all weather mats.
    Condition: Excellent
    Never been in an accident
    Tires - New, purchased in January
    Brakes - New, replaced in June
    Maintenance - according to manufactures schedule