Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Real-World Trade-In Values

Comments

• qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 16,913
    If it was cheap enough, I wouldn't care about a warranty... much like buying a used car. But I'm thinking like half off MSRP is where I might show some interest. A manual SportCombi Aero for like $18K? There are worse things.

'13 Stang GT; '86 Benz 300E; '98 Volvo S70; '12 Leaf; '08 Town&Country

There are so many of these, that September is already off the map.

The highest mile one in October was with 56k and got $21,800. Next in line was 54k for $23,600.

roundabout $11k-$11.5k.

• dad23dad23 Posts: 430
    Denver
    2012 Honda Pilot EX
    SUV
    3.5L 6 cylinder, auto
    AWD
    Polished Metal/Gray
    Very clean, few small dings/scratches, interior clean
    Tires - 95%
    All original - Maintenance current
    Roof/hood hail damage repaired

Thanks in advance!!!
    tough one with the miles.

Was their painting involved with the hail damage repair?

If not, you are probably looking at the $20k zip code. If its been painted... well... could be much much lower depending.

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,602
    well, if the 2006 is only an 11K car, with winter coming, they may have it there for a while. Wander by there Christmas week, and if it is still there, offer them 12K cash and see what happens?

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

• robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,611
    Thanks, I knew the miles wouldn't help. They replaced the hood, painted it and portions of the roof. I ran it by CarMax a few weeks back before replacing the tires, they pegged it at $22K, said new tires wouldn't change it much.
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    edited November 2013
    Did Carmax note the repairs in their estimate?
    I mentioned the hail damage prior to the appraisal, they said they noticed the paint but said it was done properly. Should I run back there?!?!?
  • explorerx4explorerx4 Central CTPosts: 9,459
    It seems like a good number from Carmax.
    I'm guessing you are looking replace it with something else, so I would see what you can get on a trade, as an additional reference.
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,579
    Now I like this drop top...a lot! Have found a few similar ones at the BMW store right near the house. Hopefully in a few years when I am ready to purchase, they have some similar deals going on because right now, i just can't see getting rid of the Civic, it's just driving so nicely and I've spent a few bucks the last few months to maintain it. Why should I let someone else enjoy all that I've done except if that someone was my boy, and for him I'd give it up willingly and for a great price! The girls bought their own vehicles with their investments and working funds so he has to also...and he has no idea that he has the funds for a new vehicle sitting and making interest for him. We'll surprise him when the time is right but right now, living in Chicago, he does not need a vehicle one bit. He has public transport right where he lives...and his lady has a vehicle of her own so why add the expense and parking hassle right now. In time maybe...but not right now...and the Civic would make the perfect city vehicle since it isn't brand new, it only looks like it is!

The Sandman

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

wow. yeah, I'd run back for the $22k.

• Just to confirm, no leather on the pilot? Just an ex, not an ex-l? Want to make sure qbrozen has the correct info
    That's correct, just EX, no leather.
    Pompano Beach(Margate), Florida
    2005 convertible
    2 Door
    Gray Over Gray

Not sure of any other details as I just called and it is in the shop for maintenance. Interior pics look great, no fading from the sun. Guy said the price is pretty much the price with little negotiating room. $399 dealer fee. Need to see and drive before I'd even consider dropping any coinage into this puppy buy the pics look favorable. Sorry I don't have more for ya but is he totally out of whack here? This would be a all cash deal if all checks out.
    What say you on the price they are asking?

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• stickguystickguy Posts: 13,602
    what is the price they are asking?

almost the same car I am about to go out and drive in NJ. Same miles, but it is a 2006 330ci. But essentially the same car.

2013 Acura RDX (wife's), 2007 Volvo S40 (when daughter lets me see it), 2000 Acura TL (formerly son's, now mine again), and new Jetta SE (son's first new car on his own dime!)

It's a 2005 and they want $11,495 plus the $399 dealers fee. The guy said the price is not that negotiable so am thinking maybe $11k plus tax might bring this puppy home. But the wife is going to be the glitch here. Posed it to my oldest last night and she didn't seem to enthusiastic which surprised me as I thought she'd be on board. Well, it won't be back till Monday so I will go test drive it and see where this goes. I need to actually drive it first and actually touch and feel everything and go from there...it's pointless if the thing is a real dirty dog! But I really love the color combo, haven't seen one like it before. And also, not sure if I could own a German vehicle actually...not sure at all! i know my kid won't be happy!

The Sandman

• corvettecorvette United StatesPosts: 4,007
    "…I just called and it is in the shop for maintenance."

This may be a red flag, in my experience, a used car dealer usually isn't going to spend money on a car unless it's something that's completely worn out (bald tires, brakes down to the backing plate, etc.), and then they'll typically do the least expensive thing possible, which is not what you would do if you owned the car.
    edited November 2013
    Yes, this did send me a red flag to be honest but I really have to take a look first hand to see what i am really dealing with here. I won't be devestated if it doesn't work out as this is not something I really need to have, I just want to treat myself for my 59th b-day. And I was left some $ from my dad and I'm sure he wouldn't mind me treating myself to this as I have worked hard, have been a good parent and provided for my family and deserve to be happy. And with my love of the automobile and living in South Florida, a convertible is the most fun I can think of right now. My neighbors have motorcycles, one even got a used Porsche recently to add to his 2 vehicles and motorbike so it's not that unusual on my street to do this. I have no hobbies to speak of except my vehicles which I am finally getting back into washing and waxing, my spinal issues are still bad but if I take it easy, I can wash one car a day without too much agony.
    Luckily, there are some good dealerships near our casa where I can get good used vehicles and if not a BMW, something else then. I just saw this one on Autotrader and the color combo was outstanding and it has the alloys that I like on it. The miles/year isn't really that bad, comes out to maybe 10k or less/year and hopefully it wasn't abused. And if it was a one owner vehicle, so much the better...i know most folks don't take care of their vehicles like I do but many do an even better job and with German vehicles, many do treat them extra extra nice. So who knows but will start my search next week. My insurance guy said the additonal expense won't be that bad...about $600 for the year since we already have two vehicles on our policy and are good drivers...and seniors now. I am hopeful here and can live with things if this particular vehicle is not the one as I have time on my side here!

The Sandman