Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Cavalier

Comments

• rorytaterorytate Posts: 21
    One more thing.
    Thanks!!!
  • alternatoralternator Posts: 545
    The ny-jbodies diagram is a copy of what Crutchfield provides if you buy a radio from them to install in a 1995-2000 Cavalier. Since they say nothing about disabling the air bag I haven't done so myself.
  • rorytaterorytate Posts: 21
    My other 2 problems with my cav is...

1. Basically what happens I start the car up, and i put it in drive, it kinda chugs a lil bit then it goes...It's almost like it's going to stall...

2. Almost as soon as I goto turn the wheel the wheels kinda click (like the abs) then the ABS brake light comes on and as well as the ETS light come on at the same time. My brakes work fine. I've had them changed and they're still the same. Would it be a sensor? If so is it easily changable or does a mechanic have to do it?
    I have no idea about your problem #2, but I can't resist suggesting for problem #1 that you pull, clean and regap your spark plugs. Just a chance this might work for you.
  • candiecandie Posts: 28
    If there are any mechanics out there who are reading this, PLEASE HELP. My car had a new compressor put in last week. It has has a lot of work done to it (see my previous posts above-2 of them). Now it shimmies like a Bronco (and I don't mean the Bronco vehicle). There is now a new noise (LOUD click click) from under the hood and I have no clue how to proceed. I have the car presently at another mechanics who is trying to figure out what Mechanic 1 did wrong when he installed the compressor as the vehicle didn't seem to have any more problems, but now it does. Any suggestions? I tried to take the advice of another poster but was unable to take it back to a Chevy dealer, there isn't one locally and I'd have no ride back :( If anyone has any "suspicion" of what is happening PLEASE RESPOND. Thank you very much. :lemon:

Candie
  • themoose1themoose1 Posts: 2
    1993 Chevy Cavalier
    -When leaving headlights on or key in ignition, the chime does not work if you open either door.
    -When opening either door, the dome light does not work.
    -When putting gearshift to Drive, doors no longer lock and safety belt warning lamp does not light.

Dome light and door locks will work operate manually. All fuses look fine. I can't find a mechanical switch on the door that controls the chimes if the door is left open !

Help ! :confuse:
  • chris1987chris1987 Posts: 2
    you might want to think about the coil packs because if it is missing and they changed the plugs and wires it could either be just that coil pack or the ignition control module because i have a 1992 z24 cavalier with a 3100 and from my past experiences with the dis ignition systems that could very well be your problem. a coil pack for mine costs about 50 bucks and the ignition control module for me was about 150.00 it may be higher since yours is newer but try that best of luck to you dude
  • chris1987chris1987 Posts: 2
    im installing an after market tachometer in my 1992 z24 cavalier it has dis ignition and i do not know what wire to splice into of the ignition control module can anyone help me out or hook me up with a diagram it would be very much appreciated thanks
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    To add onto this statement...I am in a Cavalier rental right now and all I can say is that is a very scary car to ride in. It has 16K miles on it and it drives like it has 160,000 miles on it. It's cheap feeling, rattly sounding and drives terrible for a 2005 car. I would go with a 1995 Civic instead of buying this car, incentives or not.

Seriously, what is there to like about this car except the price?
  • To each his own. Personally, I really like my 2004 Cavalier LS. It drives just as well as the Civic, Elantra, and Forenza I tested, I think. The interior quality isn't the best, but that's not a problem to me. Regarding rattles, I have hardly any. Currently, the car has about 9,000 miles.

To tell you the truth though, the incentives were a factor of why I chose this car.
    I would like to know how to post a photo in this forum such as you did with the interior of your Cavalier trunk.

I know that I can send an email that will allow reverse access to photos I have in a photo hosting site (I presently use "Ofoto"). But I would like to place a selected photo directly into an Edmunds posting.

Can you give me a simple, simple explanation of how this is done?

Or, can anyone else help me on this?
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Did you not get my email? You didn't tell me you already have a site for picture hosting, that's great. I assume the photo you want to use is posted there? If not, that's where it needs to be.

All you need to do is click on the Img button below the post box, type the address where your picture is stored and click on the Img button again. Then post and you'll see the picture.

The address where your picture is stored is going to be something like http://www.ofoto.com/yourdirectory/yourphoto.jpg where you use the appropriate directory and picture names.
  • fish8fish8 Posts: 2,282
    I respect that!!! I was just curious on what cavalier owners like in their vehicles. Enjoy your ride. I will continue to enjoy my '04 Passat as well!! ;)
    Your email was received and thanks for your further followup here

I still do not understand where I get the "address" for my desired photo. I don't see anywhere in Ofoto where an address is spelled out. Please excuse my failure to grasp this.
    Well, maybe someone who uses Ofoto can tell you a way, but here's something you can try: Go to the picture on Ofoto and right-click on it. If you are using IE, you should see a "Copy Shortcut" choice, click on that. Come here, click on the Img button once, then, without moving the cursor, right click and choose paste. Then hit the Img button again, then post.

If you are using a Mozilla browser, the choice you'll see instead of Copy Shortcut is Copy Image Location, otherwise there are no differences.

The Copy Shortcut should copy the address of your picture and then all you have to do is paste it between two clicks on the Img button.

If it doesn't work or you don't like it for some reason, you'll have 30 minutes in which you can either Edit or Delete it - those links appear to the right of the message title.

I hope this helps!!
  • annabannab Posts: 1
    I have a 2000 Cavalier with 62,000 miles on it. Recently I have noticed it is making a clunking noise when I am backing up at slow speed and turning the steering wheel. It does it going forward as well, but only notice the noise at slow speeds. It sounds like it is in the steering column, but don't know what is causing it. Other than that, it runs great and love the car. Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated.
    When I follow the instructions in your first paragraph, I come up with a likely looking address in the message box

But when I post it, I get the "little box with an X inside", no photo

The address, with the end brackets omitted, is

imgsrc="http://www.kodakgallery.com/PhotoView.jsp?&collid=463009260106&photoid=36300926010- 6"

It seems I'm getting closer, but no cigar

Is that your picture? What I did was select (highlight) and copy the address you posted, pasted that into the browser's address bar, went there, right clicked on the picture I saw on that page, chose "copy image location" (Firefox browser), came here to post, hit the Img button, then did a right click and paste, then hit the Img button again.
    All I see in your post is a "little box with X inside"

When I paste that address in my IE address bar I just get a message "cannot be found"
  • The 2004 Passats are very nice. My sister-in-law has a 4-cyl one. I am sure you will enjoy your ride. :P