Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car

Comments

• txlitxli Posts: 4
    try http://www.arnottindustries.com/. I ordered one air bag (about $100 including shipping) for my 94 TC last week. It is new one with 36K miles warranty. I will install it this weekend. I think it is the cheapest new one I could find.

Good luck.
  • rea98drea98d Posts: 982
    FWIW, if Ford did kill off Lincoln, it wouldn't be any quicker or unexpected than how fast they killed off the T-Bird. T-Bird engineers already had the '98's ready to go into production when word came from on high '97 would be the last year. I can't beleive, however, the Twon Car is the only thing selling. With cars like the Navigator and the LS, Lincoln has got to be moving a lot more cars than Mercury, and Ford is currently pouring so many resources into Mercury that there's no way they will kill it in the forseeable future, so I kinda think Lincoln is safe.
  • joker2108joker2108 Posts: 30
    JOHNNY LINC

Am I understanding what you wrote? You are saying that since there are 2003 models back in NY that Lincoln is here to say. Oldsmobile went out and they are still trying to hang on with limted models and production. I am going to call Lincoln and find out. This he said she said stuff is driving me nuts.
  • johnnylincjohnnylinc Posts: 308
    You asked:

"IS it true that Lincoln will stop all productions end of this year?"

I replied:

"Lincoln is absolutely, positively, unequivocally NOT going out of business. No way, no how, period."

Let me see if I can be more clear: No, Lincoln is NOT stopping "productions" at the end of this year. Have you seen any credible, verifiable information anywhere that would suggest otherwise? Is this even being hinted at by any reputable automobile magazine or writer, or by any source other than 2 limo owners that you know?

I don't understand why you bothered to post your question here if you're not going to believe the answers you've gotten, but I suppose that's your prerogative.

If you want to contact Lincoln directly, I urge you to do so. Lincoln's Customer Assistance Center number is 1-800-521-4140. If you go to the Lincoln website at http://www.lincolnvehicles.com and click on the "Contact us" link, you can verify this phone number and also get a mailing address should you wish to write.

Once again, in answer to your question, Lincoln is NOT going out of business!

• rory2rory2 Posts: 1
    I am considering purchasing a 1997 Executive with 90K miles. Please advise of most likely repair/maintenance, items/cost that I will probably be confronted with. I want to budget a reserve amount sufficent for repairs so that I have no negative surprises.
    Thank you in advance.
    David
    The entire Ford Motor Company is going out of business, effective immeadiately. Starting tomorrow, Chevrolet will be making Mustangs. Lexus will get the Town Car, and Honda will take over production of F-150 trucks. Thunderbirds go to Dodge, and the Cougar will now be made by Acura.
    William Clay Ford will now be the CEO of Mrs. Baird's Bread company, and Jacques Nasser is currently hiding out from blue oval faithful somewhere in the Phillipines.

Have a nice day.
    I like to thank you, Kinley. I checked the rear axle lube fluid by myself. It was empty. I did not see foam or fluid. I added some gear lube ( 80w-90). Hope that will do it. I hope that every one with 70K mile TC has to get it checked.
    I also change one of my rear air bags last weekend. It was not too difficult. It took me about 1 1/2 hours.
  • kinleykinley Posts: 854
    Check axle fluid now. Plan on a set of plug wires. Is the front end squeeking yet? The factory sealed joints cost about $200 to replace. Up to 97,000 miles our TC was fine, but nothing goes forever w/o maintenance of replacing worn parts. Good Luck.
    TC 94, 73K. There is a little squeeking when I turn steer during my parking. I just wonder if I need to add grease at ball joint or has to replace the rubber cover also, or any other area I need to add grease.
    For the rear axle fluid, I did add more gear lube at differential. Any other place?
    Thanks
    right upper and lower. Yesterday I had the left lower ball joint replaced due to the squeek and it cost $170 including "correct alignment" Labor is $55/hour at an independent shop. The owner/mechanic R & R'd the factory sealed joint with one having a grease fitting. (One down, three to go), but who knows when. The idle air control valve sounds like a ship's fog horn, but only at cold idle. If it gets to me as much as the squeek did, that will be replaced as well. We just returned from a 1,000 mile ski vacation in B.C. averaging 24.5 mpg, less than 70 mph in quiet luxury. Total miles? 101,800.
  • how fast can the Lincoln Towncar go. can it get up to 120!. !hmmm! i know the Lincoln Towncar needs a Vortec engine so it can go fast or the 4.7 is fast i do not know so tell me!
  • lando2lando2 Posts: 12
    I was replacing the rear brake pads (driverside) when I noticed a leak from a rubber hose clamped to a nipple on the axle (Drivers' side). The hose did not connect to any thing and the fluid kinda looks like hydrolic (or lube). What in the world is it? Is it connected to the axle gear fluid?
    Help a TC owner out...
    Hasn't this guy been here before? OK, the Town Car is not a Corvette. It's not meant to go 120. It's meant to take little old ladies to the church picnic without turning over the pot of peas in the back floorboard. If you really want a car that can go 120, get a Corvette or a Camaro. And please don't drive that fast on the public freeways.
  • rs_pettyrs_petty Posts: 423
    S= square root of (IQ + $a)
  • brucelincbrucelinc Posts: 814
    It sounds like you are describing the vent tube for the rear axle. It prevents pressure inside the assembly from blowing out seals. A little residue around that is pretty common.
  • drmpdrmp Posts: 187
    coming and it will be very likely threatening to Ford. A welcome news also to most towncar fans. I referring to Infiniti M45.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    joker 2108

I need a response to the email I sent you two days ago. Thanks.

Pat
    Sedans Host
  • audia8qaudia8q Posts: 3,138
    The 2003 Town Car arrived at alot of dealerships this week....would like to hear some consumer opinions.

BTW: don't judge the car without driving it, the ride and drive is different from last year.
    new 2002 Towncars for $29,995. In your opinion, is the list of improvements on the 2003 worth the many thousands of dollars difference? IMO, the TC still needs 300+ hp to compete with Cadillac and 235 is only adequate.