Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car

Comments

• kinleykinley Posts: 854
    had the most comfortable front seat? Year and series please. If it happens to be the 03, wife will be more interested.
  • nvbankernvbanker Posts: 7,285
    95-97 Signature has the best front seat.
  • I have owned 7 Lincolns starting with '73 Lincoln. This '03 is better than the '73. Better than '98 and '00. The last two were below Lincoln quality IMO. Day and night. My 2003 certainly sets the standard high. Keep up the quality on upcoming cars, Lincoln. Perhaps I can buy number eight!!!!
    Wow, a 73! Now, that was a cruise ship, wasn't it? Loved those cars!
  • rogertc1rogertc1 Posts: 66
    I tried to sell my 82 TC but for $600 offered I'll keep it. Love the loong look. 82 has the light fins that give it that look. I have to say after I detailed it it looked brand new.
    The head liner is pinned up and the A/C died last year but every thing else works and looks perfect. (Only rust is behind rear wheed but I maintain it.)
    This to me says a lot about Fords. Here I have a 23 year old car with 105,000 miles that look new inside and out.
    Still rides like sitting on your livinge room couch and has a short turning radius. She about 13 MPG too. No matter how fast one drives. (Doesn't like alcohol in her gas.)
    (I have a few cars see profile.)
    Roger
  • ddinhamddinham Posts: 4
    I just purchased a 2003 TC Signature Premium and do not find the blower to be weak as mentioned by someone in an earlier post. Rather, I find it to be strong enough to be excessively noisy when on auto during initial startup or manual max fan speed. The problem as I see it now is that I am only getting 50F degree cold air at the vent, therefore the fan runs more (read noisy) than I would like. My 95 Crown Vic will do 48F degree cold and my 87 Crown Vic will do 40F degree cold even after converting to R134A. I expected colder air from the TC. What are others experiencing on temp? What is considered normal temp at the vent?
    Well, the weak fan in the Town Car is from 98 on, previously it was a real blower, which in the south, we like. you can always throttle it back on start up if you wish. It will throttle itself back if you get it fully charged, and put out really cold air........
  • After having driven an Olds Aurora for the past 9 years, I am considering a T.C..
    My mechanic is trying to steer me away from this idea saying that they are prone to mechanical problems which could prove to be expensive when out of warranty.
    I have a tendency to keep my cars for quite some time and his comments are of some concern to me.
    Any input for you experience T.C. owners would be greatly appreciated.
    The car that I am looking at is a 2001, leased by a nieghbour who looks after anything he owns with a passion so I feel confident that the car has not been abused
    What is mileage and price of this 01? Is it Executive, Signature, or Cartier?

We also drive our cars for at least 10 years. We drove an 82 Signature for 12 years and 125,000 and we are driving a 94 with 105,000 which runs and sounds like the day we bought it. Changing ALL lubricants at recommended intervals helps. Our cars use Mobil 1, synthetic oil in the crankcase. The only major expense on our 94 has been a real axle, spline, bearings at 97,000, but this was due to not checking the fluid soon enough. If you liked the Olds, you will appreciate the Towncar due to it's rear wheel drive and air suspension. If our 94 had to be replaced, I'd buy an 03 in a heartbeat.
  • Thanks for the input. I should have mentioned that I live in Canada.
    My Olds is just about to turn 300K kilometers (about 160K miles)
    Mileage on the T.C. will be about 75K (kilometers) when the lease expires and is an Executive model.
    It retails for around $37,500.00 (Can.) (Which makes $30,000.00 U.S.(real money) sound about right).
    Any thought about what I might look for before the warranty expires?
  • limolimo Posts: 20
    Our fleet consists of nine T. C. s, model years 1995 (403+K miles) to a 2003 (<35k miles). We have experienced very, very few problems with these cars, but we also have a rigorous maintenance schedule for them. All of our cars and the van use FULL synthetic oil (Mobil, Castrol, etc.) in the engine, and Castrol full synthetic trans fluid. we also drain out all the fluids at 100K intervals and replace them with fresh fluid. We drain the brake fluid, rear end and power steering. We have never had to replace a coolant hose or heater hose on any of the cars. Regular maintainance is the absolute key to longevity, and the fact that we usually drive these cars 350 miles daily. There are no specific problems to be aware of, such as trans or drive line conditions. We have had a few "ABS" warning lights, especially in wet weather, but these correct themselves as they dry out.
    My experience with Town Cars has been extraordinary. I think they are the best large car going, and I would never be afraid of them mechanically. Sounds like your mechanic is just a Ford bigot.
    New Executives are offered for $30 in Portland while Seattle offers new Signature Premiums for $33 USD. Check out autotrader in your area.
  • I just purchased a new 2003 town car,executive series. It is my first Lincoln since my 1973 continental Mark3.So far I love it and just wanted to get on the board as I hope to be asking some questions and maybe answer some questions
    Congratulations, ehardison! You should enjoy it very much.
  • Just got back from a 600 mile trip in my new town car. As expected it performed perfect and I averaged 24.7mpg and that included some severe traffic congestion around Knoxville,TN. tried to not maintain a consistent speed as the owners manual suggested,but that car wants to run.
    Overall I am extremely pleased with it.
    Lovely vehicle, isn't it?
  • The owners manual specifies 5w/20 blended synthetic oil for my new town car. That is the thinest oil I have ever seen recommended for an automobile. Just wonder if that is the oil most of you use in your lincoln?
    Yes, and I recommend you follow. Todays engines are so different from the old cast iron engines we're used to. They need oil fast, and thin oil gets around. On the other hand, they're sealed very well, and don't burn or leak it, even when runny. But if you use the traditional 10-40, the oil won't flow as quickly on start up as it should, exposing critical areas to start up wear, and early engine failure. Believe me, the manufacturer knows what works best in their engines. The 4.6L engine is a great workhorse that if properly cared for, will run 200,000 miles easy without a teardown. I do wish it put out a wee bit more HP, but it is a lovely power plant. Give it the oil it deserves....