Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lincoln Town Car

Comments

• patpat Posts: 10,421
    We can't use the Forums for buying and selling cars or anything else - thanks.
  • beernutbeernut Posts: 329
    Oh, c'mon pat. Lighten up a little.

Besides, I sold it Saturday.
  • patpat Posts: 10,421
    Great! Hope you got the price you were looking for. :)
  • beernutbeernut Posts: 329
    I did, actually. You know how sometimes when you are selling a car that's a little unique, you just hope for the one guy to come along that used to have one just like it and has always been sad he sold it and wished he had it back?

Well, that guy showed up at my house Saturday morning. His mother used to have one just like it. He was afraid to drive it with my plates on it and in the rain so I delivered it to his house. The poor guy had tears in his eyes.
  • My town car is a 1990 signature series,
    mave serious problems with the shock/rear suspension system so this wil;l help me and i thank you.
    the second part is the heater core is busted, pepboys tell me it will cost me almost 700.00 to correct the problem....they sell the part for 40.00 or less. it is supposedly under the dash board enclosure....can i buy this part and replace it myself?..im no wizzard but i have worked on all my cars so far...i just dont want to undertake something i cant handle...i trust your judgement.
    Firestone says the same as pepboys. so did two others..
    your responce is appreciated.

lincolnman :lemon:
  • rear windows will not open nor go up...when buttons pressed it makes a noise....front driver side window will not open if open will not close.....1990 signature series tc....anyone got a fix that i can do myself? :) :(
  • nwraaanwraaa Posts: 159
    $700.00 is a fair price to have the heater core replaced. The dash board has to be moved to get to the heater core. I am suprised that Pep Boys and Firestone would take this on. It is a time consuming tedious job.
    Get ready to spend a full days work if you have to remove the door panels to fix the three power windows on your TC. You may need power window regulators or motor repair kits. Typically, you can buy these through E-Bay. The job is not very difficult. If you have changed a set of plugs on a TC or replaced a starter then you can probably repair these windows.
  • It would no doubt be alot pricier but if ya gotta take the dash out Id rather let a Lincoln dealer do it then some shop that, while may have limited experience doing it, is doubtful they have ever done it on your model car. You usually get what you pay for.
  • Man its quiet in here....lonelier then a Town Car showroom
  • According to my Lincoln dealer the 2007 TC will be coming out in the fall of this year. It will be on a Montego platform but much more luxurious with front wheel drive. He said the reports were that it's a great looking car. No other details about it are known except it won't be the same size or configuration as the 2006. I suppose more info will be leaking out as time goes by. Keep alert
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,304
    First I hear of closing the Wixom plant. Now, I hear it will be downsized with Front wheel drive. Foop! :( :mad: :P :P

Now, where did I put that XJ8 brouchure?
  • The power drivers seat on my 98 TC quit working. The seat back works ok but it won't move forward or backward. It makes a chattering sound when I try to use it. Any ideas?
  • Man if they wanna kill the Town Car why don't they give it the respect it deserves and quit making it. To true lovers of the TC, a full sized luxury car, putting it on the Montego platform will be the final nail in its coffin. When they had the last major redesign in '98 alot of TC owners where appalled and they lost quite a few customers....and some elected to keep their '97's.
    I'd like to see them take a page out of Ford's book with the Mustang and give us an old school redesign with all the class and elegance of the old TC's with the technology of today but alas that'll never happen. :(
  • What would you rather have?
    V-6 Front wheel drive, or this car built on the current Town Car chassis:
    Disconnect the battery. Remove the power seat switch panel. Disconnect the wiring harness and spray the switches with potentiometer cleaner. After cleaning, reconnect the harness and connect the battery. Check operation of seat. If this does not solve the problem, check the wiring harness under the seat. If there is power through the harness and the seat does not work, you may have to unbolt the seat and make some adjustments or replace the motor. Working on the under-the-seat mechanism is not difficult.
    I'd have to have some more information about this car, if this has the potential of being the next TC. I did not care much for the front wheel drive Continental and, to me, the 98-06 TC looks to similar to the Grand Marquis and Crown Vic.
  • euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,304
    I'll take "this car built on the current TC chassis" with the 300 H.P. Mustang engine please. Where will it be built as Wixom is being mothballed.???
  • Perot drives an 85 Delta 88. Sam Walton drove a 55 Ford F-100. Buffet I follow his advice astutely, thats why I still drive my 84 Town car. Money is as money does!
  • i like it alot. its a boat. its a pimpmobile.smooth. pretty much trouble free for me. i bought it 2 yrs ago with only 69000 miles on it and now its at 120000. the gas consumption is making me love it less,so much so that im thinking of getting into a sub compact car. im tired of being gouged by the ..oil companies? i guess? i do so much driving that its making me sick to put $350-$400 a month of gas into it and the next hurricane or insurgent attack on an oil field the price will skrocket i think.
    so.....
    this car is beautiful though. its sad that i cant afford to drive cars like this any more!