Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How many miles do you have on your Lincoln LS?

Hey everyone. I was just curious how many miles people have on there Lincoln LS's. I am just about to hit 250K on mine and it feels like a milestone. Every place I take my car people say how beautiful it looks, and so many people ask me how long I have had it, assuming it's brand new. I bought it with a few thousand miles on it 3 years a 3 months ago. Anyhoo, just curious about peoples miles, thanks.

Comments

• 2004 LS Ultimate 3.9 V8 :shades:

Had it about a year, got it with 30K, now has 52K
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    Wait, you put almost 250k on it in just over 3 Years?

Mine's an '05 with 54K. I only put about 6K a year on it 'cause I ride my motorcycle all summer.
  • I have 165000 on a 02 lse i bought it when it had 11000
  • I have a 2001 and just turned 83K on it. No major problems with the car yet, just regular scheduled maintanence.
  • cfrey81cfrey81 Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Bought '00 LS in '05 with 38K...as of today I am pushing 210k. Not many problems till now with misfiring crap. Love the car tho and I ALWAYS drive it like it should be...as if I were on the Autobahn :D
  • car1615car1615 Posts: 2
    I have a '01 LS with 116,000. bought it with 20k. It's been expensive to maintain.. but rides & looks great!
  • I have an '05 LSE that just turned 50K. She is a great car despite the numerous trips to the dealer for the failed COPS and the hesitation.
  • toomanyfumestoomanyfumes S.E. Wisconsin Posts: 894
    59K on my '05. replaced the DCCV (dual climate control valve), and of course, three COPS.
  • I also have a 2002 LSE with 105K miles on it. Had no issues until it passed 100K and now it's been non-stop (COPS, fuel pump, radiator and now Advancetrac) since December.
  • Several months ago I purchased a 2001 LS V8 with only 16,400 miles on it. It now has 20,200 on it and ready for first oil change.
  • I have an 02 lse pushing around 125k. This machine is a beast looks like i just drove it off the lot. The only problem i have had with it is the ignition coils. I found if you use the techtronic shitft it will burn them out 10X faster. other than that she drives like a dream.
  • antoniukantoniuk Posts: 8
    Bought an 06 last year with 28k it now has 40k. Good to know others have over 250k miles on the car. I love the car and plan on keeping it as long as possible
  • jroysterjroyster Posts: 2
    I bought a used '05 LS V6 back in '05 with about 22K miles. Now coming up on 215K. All the ignition coils have been changed. plugs changed at 129K.

I have had some issues which I didn't have with my last two cars (both Nissan Altimas), The transmission doesn't shift to D5, so I get the infamous 'E' when I get up to 55-60mph, but the car still runs smoothly.

Most of my driving is on the highway, so not a lot of starting/stopping. Probably the main reason it's lasted so long. I plan to drive it until it disintegrates...
  • heydudesheydudes Posts: 43
    Wow, that's a lotta miles! :)

My 2001 manual transmission V6 has almost 135,000 miles and I am about to perform the first tuneup. Only item I've spent much money on (besides GAS) is tires. I'm on my 3rd set. Always Firestones.
  • jahsdadjahsdad Posts: 3
    I have a 2000 Lincoln Ls that has 125K. No major problem besides ignition coils, but now when I start the start i get a cloud of white smoke from the exhaust. Only when I start the car. Do anyone know what this could be?
  • akirbyakirby Posts: 7,665
    Is it smoke or steam? It might just be condensation in the exhaust - if so it would dissipate very quickly. If it sticks around then it sounds like coolant which would most likely mean a blown head gasket. Check the oil for milky fluid and/or check the coolant for oil. You can also get a compression test done.
  • jen0jen0 Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 LS (V8) that just hit 209,000 miles! runs great still - alot of electrical problems though.
  • I'm at 175,000 miles at this point.
  • jen0jen0 Posts: 10
    I have a 2002 LS. I have had and am still having ignition coil problems. It actually sets the check engine light on - it's a "clyinder misfire" at least that's what it's called on my car. Yeah it's a V8 so there is 8 seperate coils! at $95.00 EACH. I have replaced 4 of the 8 with Ford parts. Now I have a cylinder #7 misfire. But my car has 209,000 miles almost 210. I have alot of issues.
  • kargkarg Posts: 20
    You can pick up a new coil pack from any advance auto/autozone type store for $53 or so. Don't overpay for the Ford part.

Also - if you change them yourself - just make sure the plug well doesn't have any oil or moisture in it - that is what causes them to misfires.