Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevrolet Lumina

1222324252628»

Comments

• jpfjpf Posts: 496
    Old post, anyway the glue dries very quickly. I wouldn't bother detaching it. Simply apply the glue to the base of the mirror and the spot on the windshield and apply some pressure while holding it in place. It dries in a few minutes. Good luck.
  • Karen_CMKaren_CM Posts: 5,024

Community Manager If you have any questions or concerns about the Forums, send me an email, karen@edmunds.com, or click on my screen name to send a personal message.

• loriq1loriq1 Posts: 4

@ssmart said: To pipes3k,

Yes the pcv valve is a pain to get to on the 3.1. I never did replace mine because of the cost involved just to get to the bang thing. You cannot see it without disassembling the top of the engine according to my mechanic who was the shop foreman for years with a Chevy dealer.

Are you serious? I own a 1998 Chevy Lumina and the pcv valve is right on top of the valve pan which is clearly visible! Your mechanic is either blind or just dumb!

@fathertyricius said: The vent problem that I experienced as per described in post #268 was repaired. The problem was a split vacuum hose, just like Nafrong00 predicted. The hose was located under the battery. It took a while for the mechanic to find. He started tracing from under the dash board towards the engine block checking every hose. At least all my hoses were checked. Everything is up and running well. Thank you Mr.Goodwrench.

Did you thank "Mr. Goodwrench" for the bill?

@rooba10 said: For all of you to know, Chevy Lumina is built in Oshawa, Canada. It has always been built there since GM started building Lumina's in 1988. Chevy Lumina, Impala, Monte Carlo, and Buick Century and Regal are all built in Oshawa. That plant has one of the best paint shop in GM. I have never seen a Lumina with peeling paint, although I have seen a lot of S-10's, C/K trucks, and Grand Am's. Chevy Lumina with 3.1L and 3.8L engines are excellent buys, stay away from 3.4L DOHC engines found only in Luminas, Grand Prix, and Cutlass Supremes. Buick never used that engine. The alternators in earlier model GM 2.8 and 3.1L was a problem, so was the rear disc brakes until they switched to rear drums in 95.

Last year, 2000MY was the last year for public to be able to purchase Lumina from the Chevy dealers. in 2000CY ( part 2000 and part 2001) only some 45,000 Lumina were built for fleet use only. GM will stop building Lumina's all together this year.

If you are looking for a good, roomy, and reliable car, look for 95-99 Lumina's.

Uh huh but are you also aware that the rocker panels under both front doors rust out prematurely? They also rust out below the fuel door. What good is good paint if the thing rusts out quickly?

@ssmart said: Amen to staying away from the 3.4 liter DOHC engine. I never had one. My 90 Eurosport had a 3.1, but I heard more than 1 mechanic warn about that engine. They say it is very complicated, but however powerful.

LOL How is a 3.1 liter enfine complicated?