Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mitsubishi Endeavor Maintenance and Repair

Comments

• 20142014 Posts: 1
    My 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor check engine and traction control lights are on. The car sputters. Any ideas? Cylinder 6 misfire code.

I have a 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS awd with 28,000 miles.
  • You might want to double check when the belt is supposed to be changed. Everything I've read, it's 60,000 mile. I changed the plugs myself, but not fun. As far as the belt goes, I went to a local foreign car repair shop. Waterpump, Goodyear belt, and everything else associated with it, $488.00.
    Mistubishi dealer wanter $920.00
  • brenda18brenda18 Posts: 6
    If you want to double check the code(s) Auto Zone offers free computer code reads.
    I thought Mitsubishi was unloading the Endeavor and would not make any new models. What is the latest news?
    Does anyone know of a inexpensive source for brake system parts for a 2005 Endeavor?
  • cjfelixcjfelix Posts: 1
    I have a 2004 Mit Endeavor which I love but the transmission just went. Just checking to see if worth fixing or not. Any body else out there have transmission issue.
  • hellcat51hellcat51 Posts: 30
    edited April 2010
    I also have a 2004 XLS AWD with 38K. What were the symptoms? Mine is OK until it gets warmed up. Then it's jerky and downshifts hard. Dealer says no problem with it but it's been getting worse for 2 years now. I think it is the transmission but maybe a sticky throttle body or something else? Any ideas are welcome!
  • bsulbsul Posts: 1
    I have a silver 04 Endeavor with the paint peeling and fading on the top and the hood. It looks horrible and will cost thousands to repaint. I'm embarrassed to drive it but don't want to buy a new car when this one is just paid off. It started fading and the clear coat peeling almost two years ago. The dealership that I bought it from sold out not long after I bought it and is on its second set of owners since. Is there something being done about this?
  • 08endeavorawd08endeavorawd Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    I have a 08 Endeavor....Can't seem to find where the cabin filter is located. I took the glove box apart because I thought it would be there but not. Anyone have a clue?
  • 08endeavorawd08endeavorawd Posts: 2
    edited May 2010
    Bought my 08 endeavor with 16k miles and drive shaft went bad a couple thousand miles later. Dealer replaced it under warranty. Mechanic said that the past few years of endeavors have had alot of drive shaft problems(the lube inside). Mine was just squeeling and noises get to me. Also, when I get to about 60 MPH, there is a slight humming noise/feel coming from the rear transfer case but I didn't get that looked at.
  • yuryyury Posts: 146
    A question to fellow endeavor owners.
    My 07 AWD seems to have a minor vibration at 60mph and up. The level of vibration I am talking about is something you wouldn't notice when you have your both hands on the wheel, but slight side to side movement of the wheel when you take your hands off completely or hold it lightly with two fingers.

Before I got new tires it was pretty much constant. With the new tires (installed few days ago) it is a lot better. Most of the time there's nothing at all, but I did notice that on some particular sections of the highways there's still some of that.

When I was getting the new tires I asked the dealer to look over everything that may cause it other than the tires. They did and said that everything is in a good shape. I only have about 30 thousand on the odometer.

Last weekend I drove a Yaris we have in the family and that thing exhibits no vibes whatever. I do realize that Yaris has electric steering which is pretty numb while the steering on the Endeavor is pretty tactile and also fairly light.
    I wonder if perhaps an occasional minor vibe like this is no more than a normal characteristic of this setup?

Or perhaps there some other factors at play, such as higher center of gravity compared to a car, or maybe wind buffeting... Mind you, this is my first unibody SUV and I don't know what to expect. I used to drive a 03 Ranger and that truck would vibrate sometimes with no apparent reason since it was brand new. Which I choked up to be a normal characteristic of that platform.

Again, you wouldn't really notice it unless you look for it.
  • paul189paul189 Posts: 5
    have you:
    1) removed the glove box
    2) removed the shield behind the glove box? (start with the top right and be gentle as you pull out and away from the dash, you are trying to release the connectors from the clips.
    3) do you see what appears to be a large dvd rom drive? if your cabin air filter WAS NOT installed you should have a "knockout", you will need to go the dealer and purchase the cover...you may need 2 course thread screws (i didnt as mine just snapped into place).

I just went though this myself, the dealership charged me $32 and tax for the clip and a filter...regular price was $44 plus tax.

I am NOT A MECHANIC and I SHALL NOT be held liable should you make a mistake...I am simply a person trying to save you the frustrations that I experienced.
    i paid just a bit over $32 + tax for mine. the dealer told me he was giving me a discount, regular price was $44 + tax.
    have you:
    1) removed the glove box
    2) removed the shield behind the glove box? (start with the top right and be gentle as you pull out and away from the dash, you are trying to release the connectors from the clips.
    3) do you see what appears to be a large dvd rom drive? if your cabin air filter WAS NOT installed you should have a "knockout", you will need to go the dealer and purchase the cover...you may need 2 course thread screws (i didnt as mine just snapped into place).

I just went though this myself, the dealership charged me $32 and tax for the clip and a filter...regular price was $44 plus tax.

I am NOT A MECHANIC and I SHALL NOT be held liable should you make a mistake...I am simply a person trying to save you the frustrations that I experienced.
  • 04mitz04mitz Posts: 1
    i have an 2004.5 endeavor. i absolutely love it. the only expensive thing i have done is 2500 last inspection for tires, breaks, rotors, tie rod, timing belt, and trans flush. my only other problem is the whistling propeller, but if its not causing damage, i will deal with the noise. my endeavor has 145k miles on it, and still drives like a new car. i would definately purchase another one
  • paulnkpaulnk Posts: 2
    Another Endeavor owner, thanks for your comments. My wife and I are both happey with our Endeavors. No problems but I have had good luck with 87 regular from certain locations in Fort Lauderdal area.
  • i currently have 101,000 miles on my 04 mitsubishi endeavor. i am a travel nurse and drive everywhere i go. not sure what the "norm" is on these cars as to how many miles do the generally last. i had bumper to bumper up until 100,000miles and now nervous that warranty is up..... i am driving to cali in less than a month and from where i am now its a 25 hour drive.. can someone give me ANY input on this.. please!
  • jvuongjvuong Posts: 3
    You can always buy a "powershield" warranty for ~$2K which will cover the transmission, timing belt, engine, etc for another 5 yrs, 100k miles. They are reputable and if you choose $0 deductible, it's worth it bc transmission work alone could cost you 2500+ and if you never had that replaced, chances you will in the next 100k.

Just google powershield but let me know if u have any problems finding it. I can find the specific web or phone number for ur reference.
  • dria24dria24 Posts: 32
    just brought a 2006 endeavnor limited, on problems and hope I don't have any , can you just give me an overview of how all of you enjoy your SUV , its had one owner, clean, 85,000 miles. I live in NY and i know it calls for 91 gas but I have to put 93 gas in it. will I have any problems. ? thanks
  • The paint on the body looks pretty good (2005 LS), but the rear bumper paint was flaking in spots. I have now had two relatively minor backing accidents (one one each corner of the bumper) and the paint cracked and is flaking off in big pieces. It looks like crap, but it is not worth the $300-500 to have this fixed right now.