Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2010 Subaru Outback supply

13»

Comments

• ateixeiraateixeira Posts: 72,587
    Power is 224hp @ 5200 rpm, torque is 226 lb-ft @ 2800rpm.

Outback gets 256hp @ 6000 rpm, 247lb-ft torque@ 4400 rpm.

So the H6 makes more power, but a bit higher in the rev range. The turbo makes lots of low end torque, while the H6 likes to rev.

Drive 'em both, you'll probably have a clear preference.
  • Back to subject.

Placed an order for Outback 3.6R Limited via SNE, November 19, haven't even got a confirmed build date yet - let alone a delivery date.

Dealer says he hopes it will be in his January allotment >> end of Jan/early Feb for me :cry:
  • msj09msj09 Posts: 31
    Anyone heard anything about when inventory levels of Outback limiteds will increase? Especially with NAV? Subaru may miss out on a sale...........
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    3.6 engine is assembled in Japan then ship over to OH, that is different with the 2.5 engine was assembled in OH, probably takes 2 months to adjust increase of production. Plus the questionable supply of the Nav supplier, orders on 3.6 + Nav is the slowest to be manufacturered in OH plant.

It was reported the delivery takes 5 months from date of ordering.
    Yikes, hopefully it won't take that long for people ordering. I got a Forester I special ordered in just 5 weeks and the whole thing came from Japan!
  • robr2robr2 BostonPosts: 7,744
    I got a Forester I special ordered in just 5 weeks and the whole thing came from Japan!

Hey juice - I doubt the Forester was special ordered. It was most likely in the pipeline already. It takes 5 weeks just to transport a car from Japan.

As for suply - yeah it takes a while to adjust production. Ford is getting grief for making too many Taurus SE's. Looks like demand is for the SEL and SHO and they can't adjust fast enough.
    I think they found an identical car en route and intercepted it for us.

It came EXACTLY as we ordered, though, even down to the accessories.

What lets Subaru be nimble is that the accessories are port installed, so that only has to be decided much closer to the arrival date of the car.

We wanted a PZEV in a specific interior and exterior color, plus we were very specific about which accessories would be on it. Subaru nailed it.
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Posts: 1,207
    It makes very good sense to speed up the order by keeping accessories installation team in port(s), so they imported from Japan cars in different colors and trims then installing whatever accessories were in orders.

Plus they can always do last minute adjustment for what're popular options and accessories to be installed before shipping to distributors / dealers
    It came EXACTLY as we ordered, though, even down to the accessories.

Correct but it's not like they called the plant in Japan and ordered the car and you had it in 5 weeks. They found one for you. If they had to order it, it probably would've been more like 16-20 weeks.

As for the accessories, it's much like what Honda does - 3 to 5 trim levels and all accessories are dealer installed.
    You really think it would take that long?
    You really think it would take that long?

Maybe 12-16. It takes 4-6 weeks for a Volvo to make it from Sweden to an east coast dealer. Figure same for Japan to west coast. Add 4-6 weeks for manufacturing time. Add a couple of extra weeks for west coast to east coast transport.

Even with the advent of MRP, kanban, SMED - it still takes too long IMHO to build a car.
  • Umm, isn't Outback assembled in Indiana?
    Umm, isn't Outback assembled in Indiana?

Umm - we're talking about juice's Forester. Get with the program!! :D
13»
This discussion has been closed.