Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Terrain Lease Questions

Comments

• CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    Hi cruiser54. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLE1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 46%, respectively.

You never mentioned the exact trim level that you're interested in, so I had to make an assumption. Let me know if you want something different.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

When negotiating your deal on the Terrain, make sure to take advantage of the $250 cash incentive that is currently available on leases of it through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • cnote2cnote2 Posts: 42
    Carman:Looking for slt-1 fwd and awd mf and residual with 12k miles for 36 and 39m. Any hidden incentives(ie lease cash)?
    Thanks in advance
    Hey cnote2. GMAC's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36 month lease of a 2010 GMC Terrain SLT1 FWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.8% and 45%, respectively.

When negotiating your deal on this truck, make sure to take advantage of the (measly :)) $250 cash incentive that is available on leases of it through GMAC.

As you can see, GMAC publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. You can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

Car_man
    Host
  • wtalbotwtalbot Posts: 14
    2010 GMC Terrain SLE
    Low Mileage Lease for Well-Qualified Lessees
    $319 Per Month

39 Months§§
    $2,039 Due at Signing After all Offers

Includes Security Deposit. Tax, title license
    and dealer fees extra. Mileage charge of
    $0.18/mile over 39,000

I assume this is the very base model. 39 months at 1000 miles a month. Is this a good deal? What if I need more miles, how do I figure that?

Could I get similar pricing for a 36 month lease?
    Hi wtalbot. Savvy consumers who shop around in an area that has a decent level of competition are usually able to beat the selling prices that were used to arrive at manufacturers' official advertised lease payments.

If I was interested in leasing a 2010 GMC Terrain right now, I personally would shoot for a selling price of $500 to $1,000 over dealer invoice minus the $500 cash incentive that General Motors is currently providing on leases of this model through GMAC.

Car_man
    Host
  • msa5msa5 Posts: 1
    I'm looking at a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 FWD, V6. + Sunroof and power liftgate.

MSRP = $31,385
    Invoice = $29,659

$1,500 incentive offer for current Ally customers plus GM employee discount. Can you please tell me what a lease payment would be on a 39-month low mileage lease? Or, what the residual value would be after the lease term?

Thanks!

Cincinnati OH
  • Anyone know the residual and money factor for a 2011 Terrain Slt-2 AWD?

39 month lease 10k miles.

I am in NY

I am trying to decide between a Terrain or an SRX. From what I am reading a lease of a SRX AWD with Nav as only option is pretty close to what a fully loaded Terrain would lease out to.

thanks for the help
  • Hi msa5. I'd be happy to work up a lease payment on this truck for you. I'm not sure what this vehicle's GM Employee Price is, so I'll base my calculations on dealer invoice minus the incentives.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 FWD that has an MSRP of $31,385 and a selling price of $425.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hey spridell.

Ally's October base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2 AWD with 10,000 miles per year are 3.4% and 49%, respectively.

Car_man
    Host
  • Thank you very much for your help.

If my math is right its really only like $10 or so more a month to lease out a SRX AWD. It seems that the Cadillacs are leasing better then the Terrain. And from what i heard the Terrain is in big demand and dealers wont work that much with you on the MSRP. Whereas there are tons of SRX's on dealer lots. More wiggle room to work with.

thanks again.
  • You're very welcome, spridell.

Car_man
    Host
  • We are looking at a lease or a purchase of a new 2011 GMC Terrain and I started negotiations with the following deal. I am curious to see how much better we can get and where, price, mf, total oop, res, etc.

Here are the details:

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2
    3.0L V6, Flex Fuel
    Cargo Management Package
    Audio System with Navigation Package
    Trailing Package

Negotiated Purchase Price with destination charges less discounts = $33,166.69

Lease deal is as follows:

MSRP: $34,635
    48% Res
    Lease-End $16,624.80
    Selling Price $33,166.69
    Rebate $750 - USAA Members
    Lease APR 3.5%
    Adjusted Cap Cost $33,890.69
    Base Monthly Payment 517.17, with FL sales tax $553.37
    39 months, 12k miles per year
    Total out of pocket at delivery $1,283.86 from $679 smart lease protection, $795 acquisition fee, $400 MV fees, $83 filing fees.

Car Man or others...what do you think?
  • To follow up to the above post...negoatiated a little further and here is the deal we have agreed to.

$0 total out of pocket, no start up's at all.
    We are at $514 per month including tax (7% in Hillsborough)

39 months / 39k miles

Looks like they are securing the vehicle fully loaded as indicated above.

I think this is a good deal. I am supposed to sign documents Monday afternoon. If you have any feedback positive or negative please let me know asap.

Thanks
  • Thanks for this forum. Big help.

I am in the process of looking for a new car for my wife. We are expecting our 2nd child and need something bigger. Currently she drives a 2005 Volvo V50. We are looking at the Volvo xc70, Cadillac SRX and the GMC terrain. We are interested in a lease as she only drives about 12k per year. I have visited both the GMC and Volvo dealers and both have immediatly shot down the lease idea.

Long question short, Is there a reason they are so quick to shot down this idea of leasing? Is ther some incentive for a dealer to push a purchase over a lease? I have only ever purchased and never leased so am open to any and all suggestions. thank you in advance or your assistance.
  • Great lease deals are usually because the manufacturer has special incentives in place, that reduce the monthly payment.. Either cheap financing, unrealistically high residuals, or dealer or consumer cash..

In some cases, the manufacturer just doesn't supply any incentives, and the lease payments are high... If a dealer knows his car sells for a decent price, but doesn't have a good lease payment, he is likely to steer you away from leasing, because you are likely to find a competitive model that leases for much less.... I think right now, that would apply to the Terrain and the Volvo...

The dealer sells a car, either way... either directly to the consumer, or the bank that leases the car to the consumer.. If they are steering you away from a lease, it's probably because the payments aren't competitive with their competition...

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs

• jmarks2001jmarks2001 Posts: 1
    edited December 2010
    I'd like to know the residual and APR I should expect to get on a 12,000 mile/39-month lease on a 2011 Terrain SLT-1 for the month of December 2010. And if it matters, I'm in FL.

On a model with the additional Power Rear Lift Gate and Sunroof options, they provided me with an MSRP quote of $29,885. With a $2000 cap-cost reduction (not including first payment), the lease quote came to $461 per month (after 7.5% sales tax).

My plan is to try to talk them down to Edmunds TMV, but I'd like to have the exact residual and APR so I can do my own calculations before I go in to negotiate.

Thanks in advance!
  • Hi jmarks2001. Ally's December base lease rate and residual value for a 39 month lease of a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 2.5% and 52%, respectively.

Good luck in your negotiations.

Car_man
    Host
  • phortsphorts Posts: 3
    Kali
    Banana Bread
    Car Vacuum

Wife and I have our first baby on the way and are trading in the Maxima for a more fuel efficent and practical vehicle. Looking at a GMC Terrain (Tried Equinox and Rav4). New to leasing and figured we would go this route to get my wife a new, reliable, safe AWD vehicle for New Hampshire driving and she just loves this car. But, the dealer we visited today nearly crushed our dreams with his quote of $500/mo lease pmnt (and that was 48 Months! Sounds NUTS!) I owe $5400 on my Maxima and KBB says it's worth $2500 in poor condition for trade, so i'm upside down..but still.

So, we were quoted 50% Residual and didnt catch the Rate factor they were using. It was a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT1 i4 for around $31k.

They said the new lease rates come out tomorrow (Jan 4th) but they usually dont change much, if at all.

Any incentives that we should know about? A lot harder than purchasing a car because it's so hard to compare with all factors involved. At least if i know the constants (MF and Res) and I get a good idea on TMV, and some good incentives come out, I'm hoping to negotiate a price MUCH closer to $400/mo. Is that reasonable or should we start looking at other options?

Thanks for your advice!
  • phortsphorts Posts: 3
    Oops, got some of my To Do list in there! That Banana Bread was tastey though!
  • kyfdx@Edmundskyfdx@Edmunds Posts: 25,898
    I thought maybe that was a coded message, being left for..... well... wasn't sure... maybe, a Jason Bourne kind of thing... ;)

Moderator - Prices Paid, Lease Questions, SUVs