Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GMC Terrain Lease Questions

Comments

• STOECKSTOECK Posts: 3
    Car-Man,

Can you please tell me the lease rate and residual on a SLT-1 for a 36 month and 39 month lease?

Thanks!
  • $1000.00 GM rebate available for those of us who currently lease a NON-GM vehicle in household! Proof of existing lease is required. whooohoooo! -
  • Hey STOECK. Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLT-1 AWD with 15,000 miles per year are 2.1% and 48%, respectively for consumers who qualify for its top credit tier.

The numbers for an otherwise identical 39-month lease are 2.1% and 46%.

General Motors is currently providing a $475 cash incentive plus the waiver of the first month's payment on 36- to 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
    Prices Paid: Buying & Leasing Experiences Forum
  • I am trying to lease or buy a 2012 Terrain and need to keep my payment under or around $500/month. I am more specifically interested in the AWD SLT-1 or SLT-2. I prefer to put nothing down or $500 at most. I've been looking at the 39 month leases with the low mileage option. I have never leased or bought a new car and I'm afraid that I'm so clueless that I'm going to be duped. Am I realistic to think I can do either for under $500?
  • Hi jbrown22. Since you are new to leasing, you definitely should check out the following informative articles on the subject that are available here at Edmunds.com: 10 Steps to Leasing a New Car and Calculate Your Own Lease Payment.

In short, the easiest way to get a good deal on a leased vehicle is to shop around for the lowest possible selling price and then have the dealer that you decide to go with calculate your vehicle's monthly payment using its buy rate lease money factor.

I would be happy to give you an idea of how much the exact truck that you are interested in will cost to lease, but in order for me to do so I need you to provide me with its full MSRP and approximate selling price, or at least its MSRP and dealer invoice price.

Car_man
    Host
  • e2p219e2p219 Posts: 1
    Anybody have the latest residual value and money factor for a 2012 SLE-2? This would be in Ohio if it makes a difference. Also is there still any sort of deal for households that hold a lease for a non GM car?

Thanks.
  • Yes, e2p219, General Motors is currently providing a special $1,000 cash incentive on leases of the 2012 GMC Terrain to consumers who are currently leasing a non-GM product.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2012 Terrain SLE2 AWD with 15,000 mile per year are 1.08% and 49%, respectively.

As you can see, Ally publishes lease rates instead of money factors for the vehicles that it leases. you can convert its published lease rates into approximate money factor equivalents by dividing them by 2400.

In addition to the competitive lease incentive, GM is providing a $1,300 cash incentive on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car Man,

Could you post the latest lease rate and residual for a 2012 Terrain SLE-2 FWD, 39 Month Lease, 15K miles per year?

Also, could you post any current incentives that you see are available? I thought I saw that there was a $2,000 incentive from manufacturer to customer if they had a competitor lease. Is this true? Also, do you know any others?

Appreciate your help.
  • CarMan@EdmundsCarMan@Edmunds Posts: 38,518
    I'd be happy to help you out sparty616. Ally's March base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 FWD with 15,000 miles per year are 1.2% and 45%, respectively.

I believe that GM is currently providing a $1,000 cash incentive on leases of this truck to consumers who are currently leasing a competitive vehicle. In addition to that incentive, General Motors is currently providing a $2,200 cash incentive on 39-month leases of non-V6 versions of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Car Man,

What would be a good lease price on a 2012 GMC terrain fwd non 4 cyl with an msrp of about $28,464? I'm thinking 39 month 15k miles.I would pay $500 for a down payment. Thanks for your help.

-Billy
    Hi Billy. This truck's lease payment will depend upon what sort of discount you are able to negotiate on it. For now I will assume that you are being given a $750 dealer discount on top of the $2,625 cash incentive that GM is providing on non-4-cylinder Terrains leased through Ally for 39 months.

According to my calculations, if you were to lease a 2012 GMC Terrain V6 FWD that has an MSRP of $28,464 and a selling price of 25,089 through Ally right now for 36-months with 15,000 miles per year, your zero down, pre-tax monthly payment would be around $338.

Car_man
    Host
  • the412the412 Posts: 3
    edited June 2012
    Hi, can you please give me the money factor and residual on a 4 cylinder, AWD SLE-2. 39 months, 12,000 miles? Thanks!
    Hi the412. Through today, July 2nd, Ally's base lease rate and residual value for a 39-month lease of a 2012 GMC Terrain SLE2 AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 1.0% and 49%, respectively.

General Motors is currently providing a $2,125 cash incentive on 39-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • skornskorn Posts: 4
    edited October 2012
    Hi, can you please give me the money factor and residual on a 2013 Terrain 4 cylinder, AWD SLT-1. 36 months, 12,000 miles? Thanks!
  • Here you go skorn.

Ally's current base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD with 12,000 miles per year are 3.5% and 60%.

General Motors is currently providing a $750 cash incentive on 36-month leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hello :) I am looking for the mf and residual for GMC Terrain 4cyl AWD SLE2 36 month 12000 miles with moonroof and heated cloth seats. Are there any deals or incentives? Thank you:)
  • Is the $750 incentive mentioned in post #76 still offered? If so, will it work for a 39 month lease? How about on a FWD Denali? Are there any more incentives expected? Anyone have a crystal ball? :-) Thanks!
  • Greetings nysmilez1. Ally's November base lease rate and residual value for a 36-month lease of a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD SLE2 with 12,000 miles per year are 2.14% and 60%.

As far as cash incentives go, GM is currently providing $1,000 on leases of this truck through Ally.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi nlh2os. There's a $1,000 cash incentive on 39-month leases of the '13 Terrain through Ally.

My crystal ball is in the shop ;), but if I had to make an educated guess I'd say that the Terrain's incentives will remain basically the same through the end of the year. General Motors' current programs are scheduled to continue through January 2nd. Of course, the possibility always exists that they would make an unscheduled revision.

Car_man
    Host
  • Hi Car_Man,

I'm interested in leasing a 2013 GMC Terrain AWD SLE-2.
    Do you know the January money factor and residuals for a 24 & 36 month lease.
    Any difference for 10,000 or 12,000 miles?

Also, is GM or Ally offering any cash incentives at this time?

Thanks.