Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick Century

Comments

• I need to replace the right headlight on my 1998 Buick century. Actually I need to replace the bumper, right fender and a ton of other things too (car wreck :sick: ), but thats besides the point. My question is, what other Buicks can I get parts from? I've been looking on ebay for headlights and a lot of them say "Regal/Buick right headlight" etc. Specifically, I was wondering if I could use a 2003 LeSabre headlight. Also, if anyone knows of a website that lists parts that can be swapped out, that would be great as well. Thank you. :blush:
  • tsu670tsu670 Posts: 289
    The headlights need to come from other Century/Regal models. I do not believe the LeSabre headlight would work. The good news is the Century/Regal headlights are easy to install and often readily available at reasonable prices on eBay.
  • cdawleycdawley Posts: 2
    The headlights need to come from Regal/Buick models. You can use any headlights on that car from the years 1997-2005, as well as parts. I just bought one for my 97 Century for the driver's side from Ebay. Depending on where you live, you may be able to find a salvage yard that you can get parts from.
  • cdawleycdawley Posts: 2
    I have a 1997 Century. The low beams don't work. I replaced the bulbs and it didn't work. I traced the wiring back to the underhood box and it appears that they are good. Fuses good. Not sure if switch is bad. is there a way to test the switch? High beams work, blinkers work, windshield wipers work. Haven't tried cruise control yet.
  • I will be looking at a 2003 Buick Century this week. The car has 58,000 and the dealer is asking $6995. I am concerned about the engine problems you mention. Is there a way to check visually if there is a problem with the gaskets?
  • I will be looking at a 2003 Buick Century with 59,000 miles this week. I have heard that the 3100 has a know problem with the Intake and Head Gaskets. I had a 1999 Malibu and had to replace both with cost over $2000.00. Is there a way to check if these gaskets are starting to go?
  • rogdogrogdog Posts: 9
    I've searched this Forum but did not see an exact duplicate of the problem I am having. I had a Low Coolant light that was coming on and going off randomly. Had my dealer top off the Coolant and it was ok for a few weeks. Then it started again. The Temp gauge has never gone over half way and the engine has never seemed overly hot. Heater seems OK. I filled the overflow bottle again and it was ok for awhile. Then I found out about the Bleed valves in the cooling system. Followed directions and topped off the Radiator cap tube. (All with Dex-Cool). Now Low coolant light comes on every time when engine is cold and goes off after engine warms up. Overflow tank is fine and, (after Engine cools), removing radiator cap, coolant is up to base of neck as called for. Any ideas as to what is going on here?
  • buickloverbuicklover Posts: 15
    I've had this same problem with other vehicles that had the same engine. I would have the dealer/repair facility look at the intake gaskets. You may be able to see a leak if you lift the hood and look under the air intake hose (air filter assembly hose that runs to the engine), on top of the transmission, you may see a small puddle of coolant. That's how I noticed mine. This is a very common problem with the 3.1 and 3.4L V6 motors. If you have 100k and it hasn't been replaced, you're lucky!
  • I have a 94 buick century, the anti lock light is constantly on, it doesn't really effect anything, except it annoys the crap out of me. I took it to a mechanic, they don't know what is wrong. anyone have this same problem? could the sensor just be broken? it happened to my girls malibu and they said it was a sensor that was bad, wanted to charge too much to fix it so we let it go, is this common in high mileage GM vehicle? anyway anyone know how to disconnect the light at least? do I just have to take apart my dash, thanks for any help in advance
  • I own a buick century 1999 and noticed that the passenger window works sometimes and other times not. I noticed when it is humid it will not work When it is not it works fine. any thoughts on what the problem might be thanks
    John
  • Have a ?. Any of you Buick owners have any idea what the value of a 1986 Buick Gran Sport is. According to Buick, 1029 were built. Car is stored in the winter and in very good condition. In my state according to my research 2 were sold and I have one of the two. The only information I have is that the car is considered very rare.
  • Hi. Well, yes, you are correct about the production number. It is hard to pinpoint the value of a car this new, even given its rarity. On one hand, it is a rare/unique car, but at the same time it's on what many consider to be a bland platform shared by so many other GM models...and of course, the fact that it isn't yet an antique/classic doesn't help either. Personally, I like them....but not everyone does (again, b/c of their simplicity). Chances are, they will never be as valuable as something like a Grand National of the same year, but only time will tell! Honestly, I would list the car on Ebay...with that much exposure, you're sure to get close to what the car is "truly worth".
  • I have a 1999 Buick Century Custom. When I press the trunk release on my remote keyless entry, nothing happens. Inside the car, you hear a "click" sound, but nothing more. I've checked each fuse and tested the loads. The car has no trunk release inside. It's getting annoying to have to get out of the car each time I need something and use the key. Any help would be appreciated.
  • You should have a trunk release button in the glove box (Yellow Button). If it works by that button than it's something with the remote. If you don't have the button, I'm not really sure how you can test it. If you are hearing something inside the car, it may be that the relay or silinoid is not working.
  • The 99 Buick Centuries had an optional trunk release inside the car. Unfortunately, mine wasn't equipped with this. When I press the button on the remote, it triggers SOMETHING, explaining the clicking I hear inside the car. However, nothing actually opens the trunk. I was planning to wire a push button into the car to open the trunk from the inside, but I won't until I know that the power trunk release is working properly.
  • jdh93jdh93 Posts: 7
    have a 93 Century. About 3 weeks ago the already rusted out muffler and tail pipe fell off. It ran fine for another 2 weeks. About a week ago, it was completley dead. The starter was rebuilt and it ran fine for about 2 days. Then it began to often die right after it tarted. After various tries restarting it, it usually starts, but it releases a plume of smoke and then runs and idles very sluggishly. Sometimes it dies while I am driving. There is a strong smell of gas. This only happens about half the time. It often starts on the first crank and runs and idles smoothly. I have replaced all filters and treated the fuel system and the injectors. # mechanics have looked at it, but the problem never arose when they checked it. They hooked it up to the diagnostic computer, but it didn´t indicate a problem. I live in an area where there are no Buick dealers and where I don´t have a reliable mechanic.(I am new to the area.) Can anyone make ny suggestions as to what should be checked, what the problem sounds like or give me any advice in general???Does it sound like an exhaust or a fuelsystemproblem? The car has only 70,000 miles on it. ( My grandmother bought it new) and it has been reliable for me up until now. Please help me if you can. Thanks.
  • my key that opens the trunk and the doors does not work, neither does my release botton in the glove box. What should I do now?
  • Hi, your problem is at the truck wiring. i had the same thing happen to me could not get it fixed. i decided to check out the wiring and found it all brittle and cut. you will have to do some rewiring. very easy!!!

Rod
  • Hi, i also have a problem . my lighter does not seem to work. the ash tray light works. I have taken this a apart and check it with a volt meter but i cannot get a reading. i know there is power do to the fact that the ashtray light works. any suggestions??

Rod