Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    oberfieldwebel-

WOW! I think that's fantastic! I don't get anywhere near that kind of mileage at those speeds with my 99 300M. I never did. Oh well, only 15 months left on this lease and then it's going back to its maker!! LOL....

fastdriver
  • coronadacoronada Posts: 6
    I ordered my 2000 LHS back in February. Should be in "any day now!" I'm assuming by next week. I am looking forward to it. Actually, I CANNOT WAIT! :-) So basically it took about, or will take about, 8 weeks.

Also, can anyone tell me a "rough estimate" of what a "good deal" on an LHS is?

And lastly, to the person that was wondering about the cash back or .07%(???) (I can't remeber) financing, I believe it was supposed to to end the beginning of April; however, if you are a recent graduate, they will give you $400 back!!!

:-)

I am new here, so I hope I did everything right!
    SORRY...Apparently I didn't do everything right. I submitted it twice! Sorry! :-(
    I ordered my 2000 LHS back in February. Should be in "any day now!" I'm assuming by next week. I am looking forward to it. Actually, I CANNOT WAIT! :-) So basically it took about, or will take about, 8 weeks.

Also, can anyone tell me a "rough estimate" of what a "good deal" on an LHS is?

And lastly, to the person that was wondering about the cash back or .07%(???) (I can't remeber) financing, I believe it was supposed to to end the beginning of April; however, if you are a recent graduate, they will give you $400 back!!!

:-)

I am new here, so I hope I did everything right!
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    coronada-

Welcome to Edmunds! You did fine! If you go back to your second post and click on the BLUE message number, you can eliminate the second post by clicking on SCRIBBLE. After a while, you'll get the hang of this.

Lots of luck with your new car. Drive it in good health.

fastdriver
  • The last 3 cars I have owned have had automatic load leveling ( first, a Dodge and then 2 Cadillacs). They all had (have for the Caddy I now have) air shocks and sensors plus a built-in air compressor. It's a MUST feature for me. We travel with 4 people and a trunk load of suitcases and golf clubs often. I hate cars that sag under this kind of load.

The LHS does not have this as far as I can tell. Has anyone experienced serious rear-end sag problems with a heavy load?

I love the looks and the price of the LHS!
  • copperhead1copperhead1 Posts: 157
    Just wait till you see the new one (LHX),a lot nicer!!
  • njeraldnjerald Posts: 688
    Ordered a new LHS on 4/1/00. It shipped from the Ontario factory today and I will have it in less than two more weeks. 4 weeks total.
    Bought it through a Sam's club dealer in Brighton, Colorado by email, phone and fax. Never went to the dealership.
    Dealer invoice less the $1,000 rebate.
    Best I could do thru all the online services was $300 over invoice.
  • acco20acco20 Posts: 208
    Have had my new LHS for two weeks. Beautiful bright white with black interior. Love it. I am wondering if anyone else with a 2000 LHS feels the road in the gas pedal while driving. This may sound strange but I feel what I think is slight road vibration in the gas pedal at speeds over 50 miles an hour. NO shimmy... NO shake or anything like that... just a feel of the road in the pedal.Antone else?
    Thats... Anyone else
  • Has anyone who owns an 2000 LHS read my posting #362?? Would appreciate feedback.
    The 2000 LHS has one of the largest trunks I have ever seen. It does not have load leveling as a standard or extra, however it does have a very level ride during heavy exceleration or heavy braking. It may have something to do with the torshion bars I am quite sure it has. No nose dive... No tail drop. I am not sure this really means it will be the same under heavy trunk load, buy I do not think it will be a problem.Naturally I can not guarantee it. Good luck.
  • Has anyone ever experienced a TOTAL loss of steering in a Chrysler product, preferably '94 or newer. Two bolts on the rack & pinion completely sheared off. Rack was replaced at 47K miles under extended warrantly. Mileage now 74K and NO accident to the vehicle to cause this to happen. Local Chrysler service reports seeing this once before and they are being very cooperative in trying to get factory reimbursement for us. This happened while leaving a gas station and not while going 65 mph down the highway (PTL). Any info would be most appreciated. I need some closure and a darned good reason why this happened before I can climb back into any Chrysler product. BTW, the rack put in at 47K was a new one and not a reman.
  • I have a '00 LHS with chrome wheels that haven't been out on salted or cindered roads and they're already starting to pit. We bought the car a couple of months ago-it was a demo with 1700 miles on it. Any advice? Has anyone had the same problem yet?And yes I do get road noise (too much I think)and also feedback from the gas pedal. I hadn't seen that in years! A good set of Michelins would help some.Why no load levelers? Doesn't make sense to me but I haven't hauled any heavy loads yet. Still, they are very nice vehicles.
  • norbertenorberte Posts: 6
    I just leased a new 2000 LHS a week ago. I could not decide on a 300M or LHS, but I finally opt'ed for the softer ride, more leg room and bigger trunk space. I gave up the Autostick, however! Wish that was an option for the LHS!! I traded in my 95 New Yorker for this LHS. It is a beautiful car.

In one of the above posting (365?), it mentioned about feeling the road on the gas pedal. I have the same complaint. I need to find some time to go back to the dealer and try another vehicle, see if it does the same thing.
  • carnutpacarnutpa Posts: 42
    About a week after I bought my 2000 LHS, I backed into an ice mound while parking. One of the chrome tailpipe pieces bent. The tailpipe is fine and so is the muffler, etc. Just the chrome piece is a little bent. That piece is welded on about 6"-8" back on the tailpipe. I was at the dealer this morning and he told me I have to replace the whole pipe and muffler to fix it. That's a bit ridiculous. I could cut it off with a Dremel tool and have one welded back on if I could get a new chrome piece. Any suggestions? Please help.
    Any more info. on the feel of the road on the gas pedal would be appreciated. The LHS really is a great car, have had mine for about 3 weeks, hit 1000 miles today.If you try another car and no "road feel" please post. Thanx...
  • ghromnakghromnak Posts: 2
    I picked up our LHS a couple of weeks ago. Paid $250 over invoice which I thought was reasonable. Took the 0.9% discount which I believe has been extended until the end of May. The car rides like a dream with excellent handling. Ours has a cinnamon exterior with the light beige interior and had the 3 major options (radio, wheels and moonroof).Did notice any wind noise or vibration mentioned by other users. The tires are Goodyear which I plan to rotate every 3500 miles with an oil change. The car has almost 1000 miles on it. On a trip from PA to NJ traveling on I80 with cruise control set at 65 for the 190 mile trip it averaged 28.8mpg per the overhead trip computer.My previous car was a 1994 Lincoln Continental and this car seems to be every bit as good and better in some respects especially in handling. The radio is much better than on my 98 Explorer which is a Ford top of the line unit. I'll keep you posted as the miles build up but it looks like we're going to thoroughly enjoy this LHS.
  • ghromnakghromnak Posts: 2
    With regard to notice # 374 I left out the not in regard to the wind noise and vibration. That is, I did not notice any that caught my attention. I'll check on the pedal vibration however.
    You mentioned your mpg readout on the trip computer. I suggest you check that with a manual calculation. To do MPG, you need the # of miles traveled (since last reset) and the gallons used. The computer only knows the miles, not the gallons. Car manufacturers pre-program a "factor" into those trip computers to use in the computation. I calculated mine manually and compared it to the computer on a recent gas fillup. the actual MPG was about 1 MPG less than what the computer said. The computer said 21.5 but it was actually 20.5 (around town). Not a big difference, but a difference nonetheless.
    One more thing, you mentioned you switched over from a '94 Lincoln Continental. I switched from a '95 Lincoln Continental. I wonder how many Lincoln owners are switching to the LHS. At about $10,000 to $12,000 less and .9% financing, I decided to make the switch. I had a '94 LHS before the Lincoln (lots of problems with that one). What cars did everyone switch from?
  • My prior inquiry was #369. I'd like to hear about problems with your 1994 LHS. At this point, we're not planning on buying another Chrysler because of steering/front end problems that have been ongoing since day one. Also, we're not happy with having to wear earplugs as we travel down the highway. The road noise is much more than we bargained for. We are looking at a Marquis as a possible next vehicle. Please advise about problems with your 1994. Thanks so much.
  • clu1clu1 Posts: 2
    I am considering buying the LHS, the problem is that I was considering the 300M and only get double speak when I ask the dealer the difference. He tells me if I am really macho, I'll like the 300M. I think it is a little "kid" looking for me, what is this LHX? Does this take the LHS and make it a Gen-X car. What features over either the LHS or 300M should I look for and when will it be available in the market. I am prepared to wait through the end of this model year, but am moving out of a '95 Mercury with 219987 miles and am getting nervous.
  • clu1clu1 Posts: 2
    Added Question: I am a California buyer, should I be able to get a deal at $300-$400 over invoice
    The LHX,will be the next LHS generation,the car will be much more luxurious,refine,different style,and maybe a HEMI V-8 RWD.
    So I think you should buy now the 2000 LHS,and wait until 2003 to have the LHX,anyway the LHS is beautiful and a good car,it has a lot of class!
  • I traded my 1995 LHS for a 2000. The 95 had 52K miles and no problems. It still ran great and looked good. Only reason I traded was the great looks of the new one and I got two new toys, moon roof and CD player. Car previous to 95 was a 90 Lincoln Continental. What a dog that was. Blew a head gasket at 60K. Real problem was that in warm weather it would just quit running on the open road. Call a tow truck and by the time it got there it would start up. Drive to dealer. Couldn't find a problem and off again for another dose of the same. New LHS is a great car. No road vibration in the gas pedal on mine and no pits in chrome wheels. It has 6k miles. I got it in Jan. It was a demo with 3.8k when I got it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,670
    do you have any other future info regarding the LH cars? Changes to the 300m and Intrepid? Maybe give the 300M 325 hp V8, so the Intrepid can be much "lower" with, say, a 275hp V6, 28mpg, 0-60 in 6 seconds? Just add larger outside mirrors and memory seat to Intrepid. Can you tell I am trying to upgrade the Intrepid to all that I want, but still keep it $5,000 less than 300M? You will grant my wish, Aladdin?
    Cinderella,remember sometimes wishes comes true!!

Just remember,after midnight everything will become reality.
  • mcgreenxmcgreenx Posts: 179
    Just turned 10k on my Y2K LHS leased in October, shiny wheels, CD changer, no hole in roof. Only problem: window wind noise at 70+mph. Dealer still can't figure out how to program the radio so the time is displayed when the radio is off (owner's manual say to ask dealer to do it!!!) I've owned a number of U.S. "luxury" cars, de Ville, Continental, STS, but none better than the LHS, which is far and away the best value in its class, IMHO, at least $10k less than the current STS. Great road car, solid, handles well, HUGE trunk, if that's as important to you as it is to me, and very comfortable. Can be noisy on certain road surfaces, but since it is very quiet on others, I am inclined to think other cars would also be noisy on that particular surface, but I have no basis for an A-B comparison. The only thing I've had to to in 10k is change oil and rotate tires. BTW, I'm getting about 21.5 mpg in city/expressway driving, based on computer readouts. All in all, so far a great car. Also BTW, until I read the discussion above about an auto-leveler, I hadn't realized it didn't have one. Obviously, if one were to carry heavier loads than I do, it would be nice, but I haven't missed it.
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,670
    The last time I stayed up til midnight I was magically transformed into a pumpkin!!!

But, if I can count on you as my Fairy Godmother (just a phrase, not an orientation) I will always seek your posts, loaded with sweet information.

Thanks for responding.

Bob