Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• mcgreenxmcgreenx Posts: 179
    Forgot to take you up on your offer of information on painting the mirrors. I am interested.
    One other question re: the '99 LHS: what is the build-date that incorporates all the mid-year changes? Also, do the currently built U.S. cars have daytime running lights?
  • jeffc1jeffc1 Posts: 29
    During the recent heat wave here in the East (hotter than it's been the rest of the stinking hot summer), my front windows began to stick. I took some baby powder and coated as much of the "in the groove" rubber as I could. The sticking stopped immediately. I don't know if this will help any of the others with the sticking windows or not.

Jeff
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    jeffc1-

Hey, if it's safe enough for a baby's behind, how could it hurt the rubber molding around the windows?

fastdriver
    Need a fast answer. Do either the 300M or LHS come with automatic Daylight Running Lights? Are they available as an add-on? Thanks.
  • When I ask "The dealer incentive" that your guy talking about, $1000 ended 08/02/99 and $2000 for now. The dealer's answer "only apply to leasing"
    not buying. Is it true.
    That's dealer BS. The $2000 is cash from DM to him for selling or leasing a car. He can pass it on to the buyer or put it in his pocket. I've spoken to five dealers recently, while looking for a 1999 LHS, and every one started out by passing it on to me, buy or lease. Problem is, if you buy they can't get more $$$ by leasing it. That's why your dealer doesn't want you to buy. I don't know how many DC dealers are in your area, but you can get the full $2000 off of invoice on a purchase by looking around.
    Thanks for the reply. I knew about the 2000s and should have clarified I was referring to the 1999 model, that is, if I get a 1999, will I be able to add the DLR?
    mcgreenx-

I JUST read today, in another Chrysler forum, that you can buy a module that plugs into the fuse box and have DRL's. Try this site to read about it- http://www.allpar.com/cgi-local/concorde.pl? If it doesn't work, let me know and I'll cut and paste the message here for you.

fastdriver
  • mugwump2mugwump2 Posts: 33
    The manual makes no distinction between the US and Canadian flavor 99 300M except that the US doesn't have the module. The manual shows a dotted line for it but not the associated wireing. It installs in the engine room fuze panel. I can't say for sure but looks like just plug it in and you have DRL's. Makes sense.
    mugwump2-

Thanks for the correction. I was just repeating what was said in the other forum.

fastdriver
    Thanks for the inpute. The link worked and I will try to find the module when I get my LHS, which should be within the next 4 weeks.
    Interesting results from research/negotiations on a 1999 and 2000 LHS. The 1999 is offered at $2000 under invoice (the amount of the cash-to- dealer incentive), plus an additional $1000 off for a coupon sent to former Chrysler owners (which I am not) and some people who requested info on the LHS over the Internet (which I did). HOWEVER, Chrysler has subsidized ("program") leases on 2000 model cars, but no program leases on 1999s. So the 36 month lease cost for a 2000, car for car (except the 2000 has the 4 disk in-dash CD changer), is $30/month LESS than a 1999! In very round numbers, $30/month is equal to about $1000 reduction in cap cost, which means the 2000 lease capitalized cost is the equivalent of $4000 less than invoice, compared to the $3000 less than invoice for a 1999 model car!!! (Or $2000 less than invoice if you don't have the $1000 coupon.) Moral of story seems to be to get a 2000 car if you want to lease an LHS, and get a 1999 if you want to buy (but evaluate the relative cost of buying both cars to determine if the more costly 2000 is worth the difference to you).
    Additional item of interest on the DRL LHS issue: A dealer told me they have been advised by Chrysler that they can only order the $40 DRL option on 2000 fleet cars, at least for the time being. Doesn't make any sense, but there is no reason for them to lie, since we are talking about an "ordered" car, not an excuse about why an in-stock car doesn't have the module.
  • charlesfcharlesf Posts: 28
    What is going on with the LHS?
    I just read the following information over at www.allpar.com. Production of the following 2000 models: Intrepid 45%, Concordes 25%, 300m's 20% & LHS's 10%. I called my local dealer last week and asked him if he had any 200 model LHS in yet and he said he had not ordered any of them. I rented a 1999 LHS from Dollar Car Rental for two days last week and my wife and I thought it was a great car. We are going to buy a new car soon and we wanted to try it out with out salesman bothering us. We drove it for 400 miles in all kinds of driving, freeway, mountains, backroads and lots of LA traffic.
  • pepe5pepe5 Posts: 16
    In two more weeks at the most dealers are going to have the new LHS.About your local dealer,don´t trust him,I can see he has not been honest with you,the truth is what you read,and as a Chrysler dealer he MUST have LHS for sale.
    Maybe he said that to you because he was out of LHS,and wanted to sell you another car.
    Please try another dealer,the LHS is a great car,if you wait for the new one to come,and buy it you will love it,many improvments had been made to the new one.
    In my opinion the bright silver looks sharp.
  • charlesfcharlesf Posts: 28
    pepe, I have noticed every dealer I go to has 99 LHS's setting in there lots. I guess that should tell me something. I really want to hang on and buy 2000 model. If you have seen them how about giving me a run down on what is new.

My wife and I test drove a 2000 model 300m today and we saw a bright silver. You are right it is sharp looking. The car is for my wife and she gets a little testy if I start making to many suggestions. If living with the gal for 47yrs. I have learned to bite my tongue. No wonder the dam thing is sore all the time.
    About the only difference I can see is the 4 CD in-dash changer and the daylight running lights. Someone wrote the gearshift handle was different, but it didn't seem changed in the Y2K 300M I saw. The silver is new and Platinum is gone. There may be under-the-skin changes, but nothing I could see. The LHS list has been reduced to make the 300M $1,000 more than the LHS, because of supply and demand, I'm sure. If you are leasing, the 2000 Chrysler Financial lease is subsidized, so you can lease it for less than a 1999!!! Don't let you dealer tell you otherwise. But buying the '99 is a little cheaper. Question is, is the differential worth the added depreciation?
  • tlott1tlott1 Posts: 1
    In regards to the $2000 dealer incentive until 10/4, why hasn't the Dailmer/Chrysler site listed the incentive yet? Thanks, tlott
  • pepe5pepe5 Posts: 16
    Buying a 2000 is a better decision,it is a new model,it is has been improved,plus the 99 is already one year old.
    In my opinion it pays if the new one is more expensive.