Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler LHS

Comments

• My wife has a 2000 model 300m with 3,000 miles on it. It is a great car!! It was her choice to buy the 300 since it was going to be her car. If it had been up to me I would have bought the LHS. What I don't like about the 300 is what all the people who have a 300 do like, that is the rear. I prefer the the looks of the rear of the LHS. We don't use the autostick so that is a mute point with us. We have not had a reason to put the back seats down but that might be a nice feature if we ever need to.
    They are both nice cars and I think it comes down to personal choice. We drove the Intrepid, Concorde, LHS and 300 before she decided on the 300.
  • I just purchased a new 1999 Chrysler LHS today and resisted the attempt to purchase the extended warranty offered by the dealership. Has anyone here had any experience with extended warranties and are they really worth the investment?

I'm well aware that it's a matter of personal preference whether to buy extra security or not for my new purchase. However, I only average about 9,000 miles a month and I'm really curious what others may think about the additional expense of added warranties.
  • I just purchased a new 1999 Chrysler LHS today and resisted the attempt to purchase the extended warranty offered by the dealership. Has anyone here had any experience with extended warranties and are they really worth the investment?

I'm well aware that it's a matter of personal preference whether to buy extra security or not for my new purchase. However, I only average about 9,000 miles a month and I'm really curious what others may think about the additional expense of added warranties.
  • mcgreenxmcgreenx Posts: 179
    Here's the URL to get the Chrysler Extended Warranty MSRP. They have them for different time periods, miles and deductible, and apparently the cost is related to where you live, because they ask for your ZIP code.

http://www.servicecontracts.chrysler.com/fs_service_contracts.html

I've had several extended warranties, lost a few bucks on one, broke even on another (paid about what I collected in covered repairs), and saved about $9000 on a new engine covered by the third. I would not buy anything other than an OEM extended warranty, but you'll get an argument on both sides of that issue. There are Chrysler dealers with Net sites that sell warranties for 75% of list.
  • Thanks for the information and the URL for Chryslers Service contracts. Of course that brought up another question and a little more research on my part.

Seeing that Chryslers extended warranties are quoted as MSRP I'm wondering if that price is negotiable. Well, it doesn't hurt to make a few phone calls. I'll check and see.
    The price is usually negotiable with dealers because you can buy them from any Chrysler dealer, whether or not you bought the car there. To a dealer you didn't by the car from, any profit is found money. As I said, you can easily get 25% off from dealers on the Net, so that ought to be your starting point in discussions with local dealers.
  • Can you set up leasing? what types of rates, payments, etc are available? Can you order specific colors - ie blue steel with camel interior. How is paperwork completed and how does the car get delivered?
  • Had my 99 LHS 15 months (21,000 miles)now and the only problem I have had is the power window motor on the drivers side. Waiting for the others to go.... Overall have been very pleased with this car. Would certainly recommend a 2000 to anyone. Last car was a 94 LHS. I had some problems with that car, but nothing like what many people have reported.
  • Consumer reports for the 2000 cars came out. I haven't seen it yet. Can someone tell me if the car is now reccomended and what's the letter grade for the reliablity according to the consmer reports.
  • Consumer Reports just came out for the 2000 cars. Can someone tell me if the Chrysler LHS is reccomended and what's the letter grade for the 2000 model reliability.
  • I recently purchased a '99 LHS from dealer stock. The car had 50 miles on the odometer when I drove it home. It now has 950 and is leaking differential fluid. I took it to the dealer when first noticed (2nd week of ownership), and they claimed to have fixed it by tightening bolts. I noticed it leaking again today and will take it back to the dealer tomorrow, 11/26. Also there is excessive wind noise coming from driver-passenger windows near speaker area. Anyone else experience these problems? If so, advise as to remedy please.
    I don't think CR has yet issued their annual auto report, which usually comes out in April. The December issue has nothing on cars.
  • I never had those particular problems with my beloved Intrepid, but I'm sure there is someone who has. You can be assured that your dealer will have the standard statement. "thats the first time I've heard of that problem". The Chryco guys are programmed with that message. I'm sure they even talk it in their sleep.

Question:
    What does LHS stand for?
    What does DC call their road side assistance?
    How do you pronounce Daimler Chrysler in German?
    Regarding the third question, my nephew, who works for Mercedes-Benz and, therefore, DC, pronounces the first syllable of Daimler as "dime," like a ten cent coin.
  • Just simpley pronounced dime ler, the Chrysler part is silent
  • I think this car looks awesome! I would like a Wallpaper picture for my computer does anyone know where I can get one?
    Thanks in advance.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    evilpancakewom-

IF you had a MAC, it would be very easy. All you would have to do is find a pic of the car you want, copy it and open the appearance menu, click on screen and paste it there. Voila- Chrysler screen!

fastdriver
  • Try www.chryslercars.com Go into the LHS section and right click on a pic you like then choose "set picture as wallpaper." http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/newmodels2000/chrysler_lhs_2000_lg.jpg and http://www.thecarconnection.com/images/newmodels1999/Chry_LHS_99_lg.jpg are a couple of nice pics too.
    The two Car Connection photos made it easy to compare the Y2K chrome window trim to the '99 black trim. It's a matter of taste, but the Y2K is growing on me, although I didn't like it at first.
  • Took the car back to the dealer (2nd time) for repair. Service manager called same day and said that problem stemmed from differential fluid escaping out the vent tube. Somehow, he said, it's building up pressure. I've never heard of a differential vent tube, but most of my other cars have been rear-wheel drive automatics (sealed differential), or a front-wheel drive Saab w/manual transmission. Am I getting what may become the typical dealer runaround?