Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chrysler Concorde

Comments

• the real turkey is anyone who can be impressed by a few stale sandwiches and a bottle of car polish. and although i've not bought the vast number of automobiles you have,or say you have,my oldsmobile dealer conducted such an owners gathering several times, for my '85,'87,and '98 purchases, so maybe you haven't lived. of course my purchases pale into insignificance against the vast amounts you must spend for a luxury vehicle, is it a 300m,lhs or one of each. it's unfortunate you can't make a comment in any topic, without resorting to a slash at those who you disagree with concerning dc products. i've never seen any dc hater,of which i am one,initiate any attack on a dc lover,only the manufacturer, why is that. why the necessity to trash someone of an opposing view. we disagree,and i feel no need to attack you,insult you or ridicule you.on the contrary, i am most interested in those positive comments on dc products that possess merit and information.it's very unfortunate yours don't fall into this category. this ones for you glenn384/rooster, enough of this turkey.
  • emaleemale Posts: 1,380
    i thought you were done posting in chrsyler topics??? just can't stay away, huh?
  • pepe5pepe5 Posts: 16
    DaimlerChrysler,is now working with dealers very hard,the most important thing for them now is the customer´s satisfaccion,the program is called,Customer #1 and DEALERSHIP 2000,they are "forcing" dealers to change their attitude towards the customer,and to change their facilities,eveything will be done to make their customers and products #1 in the market,we are going to be able to see all those changes at the beginning of next year.
  • After reading many past posts in here it is quite obvious that there are many Chrysler supporters and also many that hate Chrysler.
    I feel it is wrong and immature to critisize either poster....no one is born with a love or hatred for an automobile mfg.but in reality if your car treats you good you will be happy and supportive of the mfg. but on the other hand if you have to spend your hard earned money on repairs then you also have a right to voice your opionion about the mfg. of your car.
    Speaking for myself I disregard all posts from anyone who counters all possitive or negative responses others have about Chrysler realizing that their intension is either to discredit or only defend Chrysler regardless of anything else.
    On the other hand as a Chrysler owner I am very interested in all other posts.
    Bottom Line...lets try and put our differences aside and use this forum for the purpose it was intended for.....BEST OF LUCK TO ALL...
  • I had a new engine installed, tran overhauled,
    airconditioner seal repaired, tran is now acting up again, glad i bought a 70,000 warrenty. I like the service so well from Mark Roberts that I will buy another chrysler and warrenty. I don't expect to have as many problems
    on the next chrysler I buy. Hope I'm doing the right thing.
  • sounds like you needed a lot of repairs to you car.....what year and type Chrysler do you have now and how many miles do you have on your car?
  • i read the sites because the comments are interesting,still own the '94 although i have a buyer,and am awaiting the arrival of my new subaru. responded to you in another site, and agree with mim919 that anyone has a right to post a comment, pro or con.the personal attacks, insults ,bad jokes should be ended and comments posted that will in some way provide some constructive information to anyone having a problem, and alert other owners to potential problems.
  • big5big5 Posts: 1
    A friend of mine is thinking about buying a 2000 Concorde. She likes like the look of the car but is worried about the reliability. She has owned Chrysler cars in the past with mixed results.

Does anyone have any experience the would share?
    Thanks
  • kurtdkurtd Posts: 12
    I have a 1998 Concorde Lxi with 17,000 miles on
    it. No quality problems at all. It is a great car at a great value. In my opinion one of the best looking sedans around.
  • I recently bought the 2000 LXi off the showroom floor and out the door for $24940. (No sales tax in Oregon) This included the power moon roof and the infinity 9 speaker stereo with 4 CD changer. Was not particularly wanting those options, so I resisted the price at first. The best quote I got for the unadorned LXi after visiting 6 dealers was $23688 to order from the factory. I've heard some nightmares about ordering, and since there seems to be a limited supply of 2000's at the moment, I opted for the sure thing . . . and I'm more impressed with it now than when I bought it.
  • In answer to comments made about problems on the concord and question asked I have a 94 with 53000 miles. Plan on trading it before my 7 years is up.
    Still like the car in spite of engine, trans, a/c problems. The dealer Mark Roberts is excellent on service, has a courtesy car when needed, sells at invoice price. I will take a chance on buying another car from him due to the excellent service I have received. I think my problems were very unusual.
  • My 1999 Concorde LX is now 5 weeks old and I am loving it. I had a wonderful purchasing experience with no haggling. I contacted the Fleet Department of my local Chrysler Dealership (Darner Chrysler/Plymouth/Jeep in Mesa, AZ). Minus the rebate, I paid $20,800 (plus tax/tags). My Concorde has the basic features plus CD with 8 speakers, trip computer, split bench seats, 8-way power seats, 16" tires / spare.

I had test driven the vehicle previously - so I knew that I wanted the Concorde... I did my research and knew what a fair price was. All I did was call the Fleet Dept. They gave me a price *less* than the number I had in mind. I showed up the next day and was in and out of the dealership with my new Concorde in two and a half hours. This was by far the best buying experience to date.
  • pepe5pepe5 Posts: 16
    Congratulations on your new car,(it is a beauty),ENJOY IT!
  • Hi to the room!

I am experiencing problems with my driver side window. It won't go down. Also intermittent interior lights flickering. Has anyone else had this or similar problems? Any information on these items would be appreciated

Thanks, Uncle Ho
    by the way, nice login name! nobody here can fix your window over the internet so i guess you'll have to just take it to the dealer. darn, huh?
  • I also have a 99 Concorde LXI and have been having an intermitten problem with my passenger window not working at times from driver window control...the first time I had taken it back to the dealer they said they were unable to duplicate the problem and on my second visit for the same problem they found it to be in the window switch and have it on order and hopefully it will be installed in the next few days.
    Good Luck and enjoy your Concorde
    Does it seem to happen when it is warm? I think the window sticks and it has nothing to do with the motor. Check it out. Try pushing the window down manually with the switch down.
  • I live in Hawaii and the temp is always warm. Your idea was a real good one. I tried it. Unfortunately for me it didn't work. In a way I am glad. Now I can take it to the dealer to check out and they will see the motor doesn't work. I can hear the switch clicking but nothing happens.
  • fastdriverfastdriver Posts: 2,273
    uncleho-

There are TSB's on those items at- http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/servicemmy1.cfm Just take down the numbers and the dealer can check them out on his computer. I'm not positive about the window motor, but there is a TSB about the wiring on the motor. However, in other Chrysler topics 300M, LHS etc. some people have had to have the motors or switches replaced.

Hope this helps.

fastdriver
  • it did help. Thanks Fastdriver.
  • They replaced the D/S window motor, adjusted the engine fan belt, checked out but found no stored codes for the intermittent light problem and washed my car in 5 hours.

Normally an appointment is required due to the fact there is only one service center here on the Island. They are in the final stages of development for a new service center located on the Leeward side of the Island. But that probably won't be ready till late 2000 or early 2001.

The current service center can only work on 38 cars at a time. They try to take in 63 cars a day (avg.). The people are some of the most helpful I have ever dealt with. Once, I tried to check out what "5 Star" really meant. I never really got too serious about knowing. Now, I know.
  • dbaskdbask Posts: 1
    I also have a unexplained light flickering in my 99 Lxi. The dashboard lights flicker brighter to dimmer intensity occasionally. No pattern of occurence has been noticed so far that would help explain it.

Also driverside window squeaks when lowered but does still work.

Anybody else?

dbask
    dbask-

If you go here- http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/servicemmy1.cfm and put in the appropriate info, you'll see that there is a TSB on the squeaking windows and more. Just write down the numbers and give them to your dealer and he'll be able to pull them up on his computer so that he'll know what to do. I have come to the conclusion that many dealers don't pay ANY attention to these TSB's.

Hope this helps.

fastdriver
    I have a 1998 Concorde LXI and I have 17,000 mile on it. I have on occasion have had my drivers window stick. Maybe 5 times. And a few times it sounds like the Star Trek door elevator. It's funny, I asked the local Santa Fe dealer if he knows of any problems with the window and he said no. The window seems to work better when I clean the edges of the window.

Please provide some feedback on this issue.
  • Get some Lexol Vinylex, spray on a rag and wipe the window seals. Clean the line off the window tops also. Worked for me.
  • binubinu Posts: 81
    Even I seem to have noticed the lights issue on my 1998 Lxi.
    And I thought that I might be dreaming it.
    I took the car for my 15000 mile service yesterday and mentioned it to the dealer. The dealer kept the car for a day and tried to find it and could not duplicate the problem but has it documented just in case I might need it in future.
    I have not noticed it in the night yet.
    During the daytime it can be spotted with the headlights on and the interior lights set to the dim(middle) setting.
    I hear a click and then the headlights,dashboard lights go off. The odometer and heads up display turns brighter ..(The "effect" is the same as turning the headlights switch to the off position)
    After a couple of minutes I hear another click and then everything becomes normal again.

This keeps happening a couple of times and then seems to get resolved after I turn the switch completely off and on. The frequency of this problem is more than twice a week.

The dealer has asked me to drive over to him whenever I notice this so that he can actually see it happen.
  • unclehouncleho Posts: 14
    sorry for not responding earlier.

Fastdriver my have more info than myself. He is really great at this sort of thing.

The problem with my inside lights coming on and going off intermitenly was never determined bythe dealer because a code was never stored in the computer for the dealer to idneify and correct.

They would have to tear everything apart and chase each wire. And maybe they wouldn't find anything. The BCM controls everything and is connected to everything else.

Sorry if I didn't help.
    binu & uncleho-

Just go to-
    http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/cars/problems/tsb/servicemmy1.cfm and type in the necessary info for your car. When you see the list of TSB's see if any apply to you. The only thing there about lights is the interior lights flickering when they should be on. Nothing about headlights going on and off during the day!

fastdriver
  • unclehouncleho Posts: 14
    Your always there to help us. Thanks for being there.
    question for you folks with the 3.2l v/6 concorde(98 or newer). in my owner's manual it says that if you change the oil and filter it will take 5 quarts to again fill the crankcase. well, everytime i get the oil changed and only five quarts is put in, the dipstick always reads significantly above "full". has anyone else noticed this on your concorde? thanks.

p.s. my car is a 98 intrepid but 3.2l motor is the same as in the concorde.