Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Accord vs. Toyota Camry vs. Volkswagen Passat

Comments

• powertoppowertop Member Posts: 1
    I think some of you are missing the boat by not checking out the new 2001 Sebring and Stratus sedans. They offer all of the quietness with improved performance and braking. I've driven them back to back against Accord and Camry and they are definitely in the same league. In fact, they are quieter than either for wind noise, and handle better, especially the Stratus ES. And you can get them with the 200 hp DOHC V6 for thousands less. Resale value remains to be seen, but it is projected to be better than in the past.

They've got more safety equipment as well, including 3 stage front air bags, optional side airbag curtains and the full LATCH child seat system. And their V6 fuel economy is better, and it is on regular fuel. To top it off, their styling makes a statement and is not just pleasantly inoffensive. And, Consumer Reports recommends the 2000 and 1999 models.
  • maryg2maryg2 Member Posts: 33
    I drove the Stratus as a rental car for a week a few months before buying my 2001 ExV6. I liked the looks of it and enjoyed driving it. Since I didn't want to buy another (booooring!) Honda (I was driving my 4th Accord), I seriously considered buying the Stratus. Until I filled up the tank prior to taking it back to the rental agency--and calculated less than 17 mpg! Perhaps this was a fluke, but it sure scared me off. I am now enjoying my brand new gold EX, and I love it. Will report back on my mileage soon. BTW, the EX6 is so much quieter than my earlier Accords, and I cannot believe all the options. When I test drove a Camry, I thought the interior looked awfully plain, and adding a few options shot the price up too high. Same with the Passat. The EX comes with everything.
  • bottgersbottgers Member Posts: 2,030
    The Sebring and Stratus are certainly good looking cars, but you'll probably see posts on here suggesting that you stay away from these cars because of their company's reported poor reliability record.
  • shortpersonshortperson Member Posts: 7
    My dealers price on a Honda,2001 V4 EXL is 19,950. On a 2001 V6 Ex it's 21,825. After reading some posts, I guess the thoughts for the V6 are a quieter ride, stronger engine, and some extra perks. For the V4 I would get 2.9% financing and better gas mileage. I don't think there is much difference in insurance rates . Other opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
  • taehyonkimtaehyonkim Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to provide my 2 cents on what I think of the 2001 Accord EX manual after 1 month of driving time.

Definitely isn't as fun to drive as my 1998 Integra Type R. ;-) My Integra had 195HP in a car weighing less than my current Accord. So it's kind of a let down for me in power as well.

However, having said all that. I realize that the Accord is a sedan and not a sports car. It handles like a sedan and in my opinion, it has competent passing power. However, you have to drive the car past the VTEC range, which all VTEC Honda's are willing to do. I haven't driven earlier year Accords so I can't compare the road and engine noise to the 2001 Accord, which suppposely has been re-engineered to make things a little quieter in the cabin. The Accord is so sedated, it almost puts me to sleep. However, please realize that I came from driving a car that redlined smoothly to 8400RPM, but sounded like a chainsaw at that level of speed.

The idle is a a bit more rough at cold idle than I thought it would for a Honda. However, please keep in mind again that I'm comparing the Accord to my experience driving the Integra Type R. The Integra Type R had balanced crankshaft and rods so that the engine could spin smoothly to 8400RPM and beyond ;-). By all means, I'm not saying that the whole car is shaking, but I can feel slight vibration through the steering wheel that I had trouble feeling with the Integra (even after 65,000 miles) or a friend's 4 cylinder Toyota Camry.

As for gas mileage, I took a long road trip over an interstate and netted over 500 miles before I needed a restroom break and decided to refill the gas as well. That's averaging around 30 miles per gallon. And if my previous Integra is any indications, Honda's take a little longer to break in than other cars I've owned. I don't think my Integra completely broke in until after 20,000 miles. I wouldn't be surprised if my Accord starts to get better gas mileage and get stronger once I completely break the car in. Currently it has around 1700 miles.

Before I purchased the Accord, I was trying to decide between the 4 cylinder Passat and the Accord. Being the practical person that I am, the price difference and the "perceived" better reliability of the Accord edged me to buy the Accord. I say "perceived" because I've never owned a VW or an Accord and can' t really compare the cars from personal experience, but after reading up on the 2 cars in Edmunds, it seems like most people feel the same way. But I had to admit, the thought of netting another 50HP's for less than $500 through a chip upgrade and better handling almost got me to go with the Passat. But again, being the practical person that I am, I needed a car that could go 200,000 miles without any major problems. The Accord for me was the clear choice.
  • tpat3tpat3 Member Posts: 119
    Been scrolling through this board (real busy day at work!) and while we didn't do a direct comparisons of the EX 4 cyl. with similar Camrys and Passats, my wife and I bought a '00 EX in September. We're biased toward Hondas, having owned five others, but this is a terrific car. It's not the flashiest set of wheels on the road, but you know exactly what you're getting and come trade-in time, I'd rather be driving one of these than just about anything else.
    A little more juice would be nice, but the 4 banger has plenty of go and with the five speed it's just a question of how aggressively you want to drive.
    We're expecting a baby in a few months, so we appreciate the back seat and trunk space. I saw a couple posts about how the ride is a little tamer than past years -- haven't noticed that. It's nice and tight without much roll. Great on the highway, too.
    My only beef is front seat room; I'm no giant, but can never seem to find a car where my right leg doesn't bang the center console, no matter how the seat is adjusted.
    Despite some of the acceleration issues other posters have had, I don't see how you can go wrong with this car.
  • tpat3tpat3 Member Posts: 119
    taehyonkim-

We went from a '96 Integra LS, 5 spd. and there is a big difference between its 142 horses and our '00 EX with 150. The gap must be huge from the Type R, but you are right. Two different cars entirely.
    It's all about expectations. Don't buy what's basically a family sedan (even a terrific one) and expect the same thrills as some of the sports sedans provide.
    Bet that Type R was a hoot, though.
  • taehyonkimtaehyonkim Member Posts: 2
    tpat3

I couldn't agree with you more about owning a Honda when it's time to trade in or sell the car.

My 98 Integra Type R would have been 3 years old in March. It had around 65,000 before it was stolen right out from my apartment's garage.

But even after almost 3 years and 65,000 miles on it, my insurance company paid 78% of the price I paid (paid MSRP due to the limited status) for the car. 22% depreciation over 3 years and even worse with 65,000 miles. I don't believe you will get that kind of return on the Passat or the Camry.

I also know a guy who's Accord was 2 years old before being totaled in a car accident. His insurance company paid 80% of what he paid for the car.

Ahh....the little "intangibles".

Tae
  • mrnewcarmrnewcar Member Posts: 1
    I am in the New York City Metropolitan Area. I am ready to purchase my Honda Accord Ex-V6. I am seeking about $200 over invoice as well as fair value for my '93 Honda Civic, fair condition. Can anyone recommend an excellent dealership, and specifically the name of a salesperson who is fair. Thanks.
  • sjgladwinsjgladwin Member Posts: 24
    There is a section in the manual of how to turn off the idiot light without going in for service. I believe the operation is to hold the reset button for 3 seconds, turn the ignition to ON, hold it for another 10 seconds. I may be wrong but it is in the manual under check engine indicator. Just to let you guys know, I'm @ 85K on a 98 LX 5-spd sedan. It still runs as well as the day I picked it up from the lot. Just had the rotors turned for the second time, that's all. Still has the original Battery, tires, pads, and I am sure that 200K+ in these cars is not difficult. Good luck.
  • els159els159 Member Posts: 2
    Has anyone had experience with the Honda Care extended warranty? Seems to cover everything.
  • quant98quant98 Member Posts: 1
    Got a deal for a 2001 Accord EX 4 cyl. leather for $22,900 drive-out price (TT included). Back out the 440 best. and 6.25% tax rate, the sale price is 21,150.

Is this price good or bad?
  • cubs1cubs1 Member Posts: 2
    I am in the market to buy a 2001 Accord EX Sedan 4cyl w/leather. I live in Las Vegas but have purchased my past two cars from dealers in Flagstaff AZ as they have given me better pricing. I was wondering what anyone else has paid for this particular car. The only accessories I am looking to add are the cargo net and splash guards - I was thinking the dealer should throw these in. post #564 - quant98 paid $22,900 - is that good? & where was that from? Any help is greatly appreciated.
  • soberssobers Member Posts: 496
    I have 2000 Accord SE. I am getting 22mpg in stopngo traffic & 32 on Highway with 70-75mph for long trips.

This is the case from the FIRST TANK guys !!
    32MPG was from a 200m long trip with varied speed (no cruise). That is really something...
  • soberssobers Member Posts: 496
    From a stop light, I guess he was making sure whether I had V6. With I4 with 150 HP I stopmed on the gas & the Vtec took me to 50mph within no time... !! Ofcourse he was taking it easy & wasn't interested in racing(break in may be) but sure he was surprised..
  • m9431m9431 Member Posts: 38
    After spending 8 days at the dealer, I remain disappointed in my new EX 5-spd. All the problems center around the engine. Initial problem was lack of power and hesitation; after 7 days of attempting to find what's wrong, the catalytic converter was replaced with some inprovement. Gas mileage remains very poor for a 4-cylinder 5-speed at 24 MPG. Had also experieinced backfiring into the throttle body on one occaision, but the dealer--and Honda's technical support team--of course found nothing wrong, and adjusted valves. It now seems to be running the best it has to date, yet the ULEV 4-clinder in my vehicle (I understand that all Accord 4-cylinders are now ULEV)disappoints when compared to my previous Hondas. I'm hoping to see an improvement in gas mileage after recently receiving it back from repairs this last time. With less than 3k miles on the odometer, my "new car experience has been trashed." At this time, my thoughts are that my next car WON'T be a Honda. The irony is that my first choice was a VW Passat. But I went with another Honda for it's high ratings for reliability and gas mileage... ha. Was recently amazed to learn that a co-worker's new Accord is having an engine replacement as it blew before 1300 miles. Gees... Shop around... Honda isn't the only game in town.
  • ragaeiragaei Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to buy an Accord EX, 4Cyl with 5 speed. I wanted to buy Camry but couldn't find the options I want in a 5 speed Camry.. I called few dealerships, one of them gave me a price of 20,268 without leather. I saw posts for 21,900 for V6, auto and leather!!!!!. Can I get my 5 speed's price lower? I live in NC
  • sstechsstech Member Posts: 5
    I am wondering whether any Honda Accord owners installed DVD-based Navigation System.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    if you're looking to buy a 5 speed EX , pay invoice or pretty close to it....you might scoff, but when you go to trade it in, the dealers will screw you because of the 5 speed...they'll DEDUCT money due to the 5 speed.....so if you pay anywhere over $150 over invoice on a 5 speed, i think that's way too high.... plus i can give you websites of dealers in cleveland who are advertising 4 cylinder sedans (Ex w/auto) at EXACTLY invoice price...i test drove an EX 4 cylinder 5 speed coupe today-- had a very annoying hum at 55 mph, i think it was the moonroof but it even hummed slightly when the moonroof was fully closed....to me, i'd rather save the $2000+ and get the LX... i opened the moonroof and there's not that big of an opening when fully opened to begin with, and i can add on keyless entry for $140-- you're smart tho in not getting leather seats... the solara has much easier seat belts to reach, but the accord has a better odomometer/trip odometer-- you can see both at the same time (solara, you have to push down on a "pin" re-set to see the trip odometer. happy motoring.
  • lucky28lucky28 Member Posts: 1
    I would like some help on what to buy and how to get the best deal on a Honda Accord....especially interested in the dealers in Ohio where 571 mentioned you can get them below invoice...I also would like to know how you buy a car under 100 dollars under the invoice...please help I need to buy a car in the next 2 weeks...thanks, I am from Pa..so if anyone knows a good dealer around here let me know
    i think if you go to the kelly blue book,you can get a list of dealers who have websites-- they're listed by state....

http://kbb.com/kb/ki.dll/kw.kc.sp?kbb&&428&dealer

so visit the websites and you can check on new inventory/specials/used car inventory, etc......some list honda accord V6 ex sedans at invoice price....i am not sure i stated you can buy them for BELOW invoice in my earlier post, just at or just above invoice.

if you had your email address in your profile, i'd write and mention specific dealers. click on my name above if you wish to email me.
  • ravb1ravb1 Member Posts: 4
    I just got a 2001 Accord EX 4 cyl. with leather. Bought it in South Florida and paid $23140. This price includes LoJack. This is the going price in this area. Three people I know paid a few hundred more without LoJack. Drove around 300 miles on it this weekend and love it. Has a lot more pep than I thought.
  • inov8tivinov8tiv Member Posts: 2
    ravb1 you got an excellent price, your EX 4 cyl,with leather and automatic is advertised here at $2200 off MSRP. (all in stock) which is $21900, but that is without LoJack. In December I bought a 2001 LX automatic for $990 below invoice from that dealer (Norm Reeves Honda in Temecula)Other than ad car lures, 1 or 2 onlies, I do not understand why they sell at what must be below cost. Holdback is @ $4K. Other dealers in the county are also dealing close to the line.
  • r34r34 Member Posts: 178
    I will ignore camry because of its "older" image than the other two. I will consider between Accord V6 and Passat 1.8t.
  • tzhentzhen Member Posts: 1
    Some idiot hit my parked brand new 2001 accord EX-L 5 speed when I only had the car for 6 days! Ouch!
    The driver side door panel needs to be replaced. Any of you guys know any really good body shops in SF bay area? I don't care about money I just want my brand new car back.
    Any information would be greatly appreciated.
  • fu2fu2 Member Posts: 1
    I am going to move to Seattle from Minnsosta and planing to buy a new Accord. As I know the sale TAX in MN is 6.5% and 8.6% in Seattle. So it is better to buy in MN. But I am not famliar with registration fee ,plate fee and ohter new car related fees. Do i have to pay registration and plate fees again after moving to Seattle. Also what are your exprience on 4cyl vs 6cyl. I appreciate any info.
    i'd buy in washington, unless you're going to truck the car on the trip..why put all those miles on the car to save approx $400 (2% of $20000) are you going to live in seattle itself? or just the area? check on the different counties around seattle-- reside in a county with maye 1/4 to 1/2% less sales tax...it'll add up.

why don't some of you put email address in your profile?

i'm not sure what the registration/license fees are in washington...in Ohio i think it's about $50 for both, unless you like license plates with pretty lighthouses on them, then you pay maybe $20 more.
  • w62w62 Member Posts: 27
    Thank you very much for your response, ral 2167.i am not going to drive to Seattle. I have relocation assistance. Any one recenly bought an Accord 4cyl or 6 cyl(EX)in Twin City. What price did you pay? I saw a post about V6 EX which is about $23,000. Is the destiantion fee included?
    Thanks in advance
  • dwilliams510dwilliams510 Member Posts: 1
    I agree with ral2167 and think you should buy the car in Washington. If you did buy in MN, you will have to register it again very soon after moving here anyway. But fortunately, that shouldn't cost you too much. I recently moved to Seattle from Denver and had to pay $70 for new plates, tags and title tranfer on a 10 year old car. And I believe Washington doesn't stick it to you when you register a new car. I'm pretty sure you pay the same for old vs new.

But you can check it out for yourself at the Washington state Department of Licensing home page at: http://www.wa.gov/dol/

• eastwood13eastwood13 Member Posts: 1
    Another good way to circumvent the payment of sales tax on the purchase of a car is to have a family member who lives in Oregon. Since there's no sales tax there, if a family member buys the car for you (I admit, it must be a close member who trusts you explicitly) and then that family member gifts the car to you, you don't have to pay sales tax when you register the car in your home state. I did this with my 2000 Accord EXL and registered it in Nevada for $373 instead of $2080. I saw the car in the paper as a loss leader and picked it off the lot for $18944. Leather, moonroof, alloy wheels, 4 ticks on odometer. I think I got a great deal on it, I haven't had any problems with it. The only problem was when someone who was turning into a parking space next to me ran his bumper along a 20" section of panel. Didn't leave a note or anything. Jerk!
    Let me know what you all paid for your Accords. Did I get a good deal or not?
  • calvin99calvin99 Member Posts: 3
    Hello Everybody,
    I just bought a 2001 Honda Accord EX sedan with auto. I like the car a lot, everything except a little problem from the driver's side seat belt. It works, but whenever I move my body or pull on the seat belt, there is a SQUEAKING noise coming out of it. I don't know if anybody out there ever has this problem. And if there is a Honda mechanic out there or anybody, Do you know if the dealer can just change that snapper(or whatever that thing is called that clip on the belt). Thanks for any responses.
  • gary123gary123 Member Posts: 4
    Some of the posts say the APR is 2.9% ... But edmunds start with 3.9%. Can anyone clarify ?

Thanks
    Gary
  • golfprdgygolfprdgy Member Posts: 5
    I'm looking at buying either a 2001 Altima GXE, or a 2001 Accord EX or LX. My first choice is the Accord EX. I live in North Carolina, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what a fair price would be for a 2001 Accord EX w/ auto transmission. Thanks!!!
  • dolfan13dolfan13 Member Posts: 1
    I am in the process of buying an Accord LX or EX at $300-$400 under invoice plus tags and taxes. Is this a good deal? I live close to Baltimore, MD
    what with no rebate-- sounds like a good deal to me... 4 cylinder? 3.9% financing? or the 6 cylinder?
  • dbiberdorfdbiberdorf Member Posts: 1
    Using the Motley Fool's fax approach (http://www.fool.com/Car/BuyingaCar.htm),
    I found a dealer in Fort Worth, Texas, (Frank Kent Honda) willing to sell me a
    2001 Accord EX (5 speed, I like stirring the gears myself), for invoice ($19,047)
    plus destination ($440) = $19, 487.

I didn't get lots of responses from the faxes I sent out, but that's probably the widely-known
    problem of arrogance at Honda and Toyota dealers. But, considering that one of the faxes I did get was a decent deal, I guess the Fool approach worked. And I didn't have to spend hours
    listening to salespeople and finance sharks trying to soak me for more cash.
  • subpoorsubpoor Member Posts: 1
    I am buying a used 2000 Accord Ex V6 for 19,800 + Taxes, it has 7400 Miles on it. can someone help to find the prices is high or low. I am not a good at shopping cars. I did like it though. Its a clean car
  • otto2000otto2000 Member Posts: 1
    I own a brand-spankin' new 2001 Accord V6 Coupe. I visited Carsdirect.com first (co-worker bought a car through them) and used their price to talk a dealer down to match it. As of December, you could get it at $112 over invoice (includes destination). I didn't even have to show a piece of paper to the dealer to PROVE the carsdirect.com price! (I should have gone lower). I accomplished with one test drive and then a phone call 2 days later.

The dealer complained and moaned a little bit about the price, but that's all bull. They don't make their money from you (unless you're naive), but from dealer holdbacks/factory kickbacks, etc.

I've found that the larger the dealership, the better the price. It also helps to mention that you've purchased there before. Who cares if it's true or not??
  • ft68ft68 Member Posts: 1
    I saw dolfan13 (#586) message dated 2/27/01 that he was getting Accord for $300-400 below invoice price. May I know the dealer's name@Baltimore - MD? I am planning to buy Accord LX - 4cycl and currently considering to buy through Costco Auto Program. Does Costco really have a good deal? I've done some research and according to Edmunds $17,699 is the TMV. Is this about right? Thanks for any inputs on this.
  • compensatecompensate Member Posts: 212
    I test drove a 1996 Accord EX 5-Speed that was loaded (CD, leather, etc.) with 96,000 miles. I inspected under the hood and inside the valve cover (took oil filler cap off). The engine seemed in great condition.

The test drive was nice. The 4-cylinder Vtech engine had pretty good acceleration (although I don't know what kind of gas mileage it will get).

My main concerns are with reliability and maintenance. Specifically, I have two main question areas that I hope someone who has owned a similar model might answer:

(1) How often does the timing belt need to be replaced? Has anyone had a timing belt break? If so, what was the mileage? Is there a way to tell if the timing belt has been replaced already by close inspection of timing belt cover?

(2) How reliable overall could I expect this 5-speed model to be? Is it worth buying this car with 96,000 miles on it (dealer wants $10,900 for it)?

Could someone please offer advice/experiences? Please?

Thanks!
    no-- don't pay 10900 for a 5 speed with 96K.... dealers hate taking in 5 speeds on trades, so they probably bought it for $2000 less than wholesale at least...especially in an accord or camry.... 10900 is way too high? am i nuts? not on 5 speeds and dealer aversions... offer 7000 max and tell them ral says so.
  • compensatecompensate Member Posts: 212
    Let the bargaining begin!
  • 210delray210delray Member Posts: 4,721
    Unless the dealer can prove to your satisfaction that the timing belt was changed, assume that it hasn't been, and figure it into your negotiations. (Change interval is either 60 or 90K miles for the '96.)

There's no way you can tell by looking at the cover or even at the belt itself that it has been changed.
  • wenyuewenyue Member Posts: 558
    Don't assume the belt is changed unless they have an absolute way of proving it to you. Take the cost of belt change into your negotiation.

It's important to have the belt changed on Honda's, since Honda use interference engines, which means if the belt breaks, you are in for a few thousand dollars of engine repair.

If they can not prove to your beyond a shadow of doubt that the belt has been changed, change the belt immediatly after the purchase. The $2-$300 cost of changing the belt is a small sum compared to the possible $$$ in repairs if it breaks.
  • crv6crv6 Member Posts: 10
    Phew, 10,900 is way too high for 96 accord. I just traded in my 95 Accord LX 5spd w/143k for 4750, and they're asking 5998 for it on the used car lot. I wouldn't pay more than 7500 for that 96 Accord.
  • halkitthalkitt Member Posts: 1
    Has anybody noticed that after a heavy rain or going through a car wash, that water collects in the metal "plate" that is recessed under the front of the moonroof inside the car? The service dept. tells me that this is the way Honda designed the moonroof, and that it is normal. The water then eventually drains out through drain holes. I just don't think that water should so easily penetrate the rubber seal. Has anyone else experienced this?
  • liposlimliposlim Member Posts: 3
    For the simple fact that I got jerked around (BIGTIME!) at five different "Toyota" dealers, like you wouldn't believe, I say "SCREW TOYOTA"! I wouldn't care if the "Toyota" costs half what the "Honda" does! I will never again step foot in a "Toyota" Dealership! They insulted my intelligence, and wasted my time! In the end I was glad they did! I ended up buying a "Honda Accord" and it has turned out to be one of the best things I have ever done!

Now, on a different note, I have a bit of a problem. Can I get some help please?

Here's the deal: I bought a "Honda Accord EX" (6 Cylinder VTEC) in 1998 (My first). I think we paid like 28,000.00 including all costs (I could be wrong) however we did trade in a piece of junk and got $4 grand on it! (It is actually leased -- $320.00 per month) Now I am a guy who has had nothing but "Sports Cars" ('67 "Mustang Fastback," "1982 Datsun 280-ZX," "1985 Nissan 300-ZX, and a "1989 Porsche 944") my whole life! I NEVER would have believed I would own a "Honda," and I would NEVER believe I'd say this, but "I LOVE THAT CAR!" I mean it's a beautiful car! It has every amenity, and a set of balls to boot! My wife and I love the "Gold" color (Exterior), and gold "Leather Interior"! I even threw in a $5,000.00 "Audio Video System" (Sounds, and looks awesome! The "TV" keeps the kids busy too, so the wife and I can concentrate!) My wife is blown away by it! My biggest problem I have right now is that the lease is up next month! ("April")My problem is this: I need to decide whether I should keep this car, or lease a new 2001! I believe it is basically the same car, right? I also don't know if they have the "Gold" color on the new ones, which I would like to get again,although the "Gray" is sharp too! Anyone know if they do still have the "Gold"? Anyway, I need some advice here! (No doubt I would get another "Accord" and another, and another!) What should I do guys? (Keep in mind I would need to move all of the "Audio Video" equipment, which could be costly! and the car IS in "Mint" condition both inside and out!) If I do get a new one, which color do you all suggest I get?

Thanks Guys (and Gals)

PS - I must admit, I DO sometimes miss that "Porsche"! (lol)

From "Liposlim.com"
    yes- they have gold accords in 2001--- naples gold-- very nice color---

i have no advice on whether to stay with your 98 or buy new... i'd probably keep the 1998 for two more years, then buy or lease the redesigned accord in 2003-- since the 2001 accord isn't much different that the 1998...but that's just me. i just don't care for getting a "new" car that looks the same inside and out as the "old" car ... am i nuts?
  • lilriquee2lilriquee2 Member Posts: 1
    I am hunting around for the EX 4 Cyl in MN. I've went to 2 or 3 dealers and the sales people seem pompous and uninterested in trying to negotiate for the car. I found a "deal" through my employer where I can get the car and some frills (low interest financing, oil change, paint protection, a mug(yipee!), etc) for $20,400(inch best.). This is still above the TV of this site. I would like to buy this car within a month and want to know if I should hunt around for a better deal, perhaps with cars direct , or if I should just settle for this?

The car is also napes gold, which is a sweet looking color.
  • iwaniwan Member Posts: 1
    I live in san francisco, anybody know what is the best deal for EX 4 cyl auto?
    thanks.