Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Saturn Outlook Lights

2»

Comments

• paynskipaynski Posts: 11
    Surprise...when I got my headlamp connector recall notice, it included a reimbursement submission form. I'm filling it out now for reimbursement on the first headlight and harness replaced by the dealer ($238.22), plus the cost ($48.73) for the bare harness which I replaced myself per the inner wheel well procedure in prev. threads. Stay tuned for the actual payoff amount!
  • pgc77pgc77 Posts: 3
    Is there a recall on 09 wireing harness for headlights ?? Someone on here said they got a recall. Can not fine one!! Thanks
  • We would be happy to look into your vehicle's information to see if there are any open recalls on it; please send us an email with the last 8 digits of your VIN and we'll get that information to you.
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • pgc77pgc77 Posts: 3
    the last 8 digits are 9J105854 Thanks
  • You should have received a claim form in the mail with your headlight recall notice. Your dealer can also provide it for you. Fill out the form and attach copies of the headlight service records. My dealer provided copies for me to submit. Since I replaced the harness myself on the 2nd headlight, I included a copy of the harness part receipt. I received a check in the mail a couple weeks later for the total combined amounts of the service from the first headlight, and for the harness part I replaced on the 2nd headlight.
  • jsmi7333jsmi7333 Posts: 1
    Just replaced the passenger side low beam on my 2009 Outlook using bucky's method and it took about 20 minutes. Boogered up my left hand a bit but that's a whole lot better than taking all the stuff off that the repair manual says. I don't know about the driver side or the high beams but it's probably not a lot different. I also did not remove the wheel. I just turned them to the left and there was plenty of room. Thanks for the post.
  • scargo69scargo69 Posts: 3
    these head lamp issues are all being warranted by dealers, just had it done on my 2008... no charge. I'm thinking theres even a recall on the wiring plug/harness/ whatchamacallit
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    scargo69,

I've seen your posts on a few different threads, and will try to post in a few different areas to hopefully get in touch.

If you would like, we can look into recall or warranty information with the last 8 digits of your VIN, or can assist in working with a dealership to get any existing concerns diagnosed and resolved. Please send us an email at socialmedia@gm.com with more information (your name/Edmunds username, phone and address, the last 8 digits of your VIN and current mileage, and the name of your involved dealership).

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Sarah,

Hello! I have had my headlight going out. Changed the bulb and noticed the wiring was melted. Now the light is out again, after only a week. Can you help me with this?
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Posts: 1,964
    Good evening,

I'd be happy to look into my resources here. Is your vehicle a 2009 Saturn Outlook (just wanted to be sure)?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • Ok, GM wants me to go in and get my vehicle evaluated for the headlamp harness that is melted and smells burnt. I am not going to pay for them to tell me what I know and then turn around and try to charge me for the replacement of said product. Anybody have any idea how hard it is to replace the the headlamp wiring harness in this vehicle. I already changed the bulb, so I have an idea about how to reach the area. Any help would be great since we will never get the help from GM. Thanks in advance!
  • I have a headlimp issue on my 2008 Outlook also. Since there are no more Saturn dealerships please tell me what dealer did you take it to?
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    edited March 2013
    grafin_lupus,
    If you would like for us to help you locate a Saturn-friendly service center in your area, please send us your request and ZIP code to socialmedia@gm.com. Alternatively, you can search yourself by using GM's dealer locator.
    Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • You shouldn't have to pay for that headlight...GM paid for mine. I would call them and state that you want this taken care of due to it being a problem with these vehicles. There may even be a recall by now. GM told me to bring to local GMC dealer. Hope that helps...
  • grafin_lupusgrafin_lupus Posts: 7
    edited March 2013
    Dear Sarah, GM Customer Service
    I attempted to replace the right front low beam bulb on my 2008 Outlook. I was able to get the wheel lining loose by removing the screws and reach inside for access. I replaced the bulb and just to be sure it was the bulb that was the problem, I turned on the lights. The light STILL did not come on. I thought maybe it was an issue of not being grounded properly so I attempted to insert it into the mount and found that, somehow, there harness had gotten hung up and is now too short to allow me to get the bulb back into the hole! Closer inspection revealed that the wires have burn marks on them leading me to believe that there may be other damage further up the harness where it is not visible causing an open circuit or a short. After reading many similar complaints such as mine I would like to know; Is this defect is being addressed by GM?
    See this forum for more of the same:
    saturnfans.com
    Some of these customers seem to be getting the harness replaced at dealerships, like this one:
    saturnfans.com
    In another forum a service bulletin is mentioned:
    saturnoutlookforum.net
    "TSB #09-08-42-004 "Low Beam Headlamp Replacement/Diagnosis (Inspect Fuse, Bulb, Harness, Replace Harness and Fill Connector Cavity for Low Beam Bulb Connector with Nyogel Grease) - (May 29, 2009). Document ID: 2284787. Applies to models 2007-2009 Saturn OUTLOOK"

Please let me know what you can do to help me out. I really can't afford to replace this myself. This customer writes that they received a recall notice and a reimbursement form:
    #23 of 37 Re: Recall for headlight connectors [paynski]
    townhall-talk.edmunds.com
    I will also send this reply in an email to the email you gave me.
    Sincerely,
    A Frustrated Customer
  • Thanks.
    Anyone know of an actual recall on this?
  • wlbrown9wlbrown9 Posts: 835
    My 2008 Saturn XR headlights were replaced under a recall a couple of years ago. I got a recall notice about the same time I started having problems. Go to a Chevy dealer that covers Saturn and have them look it up.
  • anglins4anglins4 Posts: 7
    We have a 2007 Outlook and are having the same issues with the headlight. It's the driver's side, sometimes it's on, sometimes it's not. It's scary because we can be driving down the road and all of a sudden it goes out. If I turn the knob off and back on it comes back on for a few minutes then out again. Which tell us it's not the bulb. After researching the issue I found the service bulletin number 1105 that states the 07 Outlook is covered. I was so excited! Until the dealer tells me our VIN number is not included!!! HOW CRAZY IS THAT??? How can GM limit the number of cars they include under this? We can't afford to pay the $500 plus to have a headlight replaced! I'm so sick of the problems we have with this car and the fact that GM won't acknowledge them! We have filed a complaint with the NHTSA, but by the time anything is done we will be long gone!
  • recall is out. contact your local gm dealer
2»