Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Edmunds - Top 10 Dead or Dying Models

2»

Comments

• euphoniumeuphonium Great Northwest, West of the Cascades.Posts: 3,305
    I don't think I could buy anything Howie Long endorses....

Maybe it's his "cop hair"? ;)
  • Ugh, those commercials come off as condescending, arrogant and just plain classless. And where the heck did they pick up the guy for the "cop hair" one? I was waiting for him to open up his jacket and offer Howie a deal on a stolen watch or something.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,583
    I just tried to spec out a Cobalt, and it left me confused. However, here's how I interpreted it...

The Cobalt XFE is the base, stripper model. It doesn't have a/c, and also has taller transmission/transaxle gearing and lower-resistance tires and small-ish 15" steel wheels.

You can get a nicer LS or LT model with XFE badging, but you have to specify the manual transmission and 15" steel wheels with the low-resistance tires. However, an LS or LT is going to have a/c. So my guess is that they throw out those enticing numbers using the strippo XFE model, but if you get an LS or LT with XFE badging, it'll get somewhat worse.
  • I have a 2009 LT1 red coupe. I picked it up off the lot in the fall of 2008 when they had that Employees Discount. If I had ordered the LT2 I wanted it would have had the same discount a month or so later. In any case the LT1 is fine. I get around 23 in town and as much as 41 on the road- normally around 38. The car rides better than any similar size car I've ever driven and has been dependable. I frankly think that Chevrolet is stupid to replace a sporty coupe with the new 4 door sedan. When I replace it I'll look for another red coupe. The Cobalt was supposed to be the "international" car. CU always hated it -probably because GM built it - but now it has been forgotten and the new car will be the "international" car. What a load of BS -sounds like politics. As far as I'm concerned the Cobalt is a great city car and gets good gas mileage on the road. The seats are too short for long distance drives -your thighs down near your knees hurt after several hours because they don't have much support.. The bottom of the seat should be wider so as to give good support. My Cadillac is fine.
2»
This discussion has been closed.