Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Express/GMC Savana

Comments

• ddanqueddanque Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, this is sort of a technical pre-sale question that the dealerships here in Southern California, don't seem to have an answer. I can purchase a 15 seater, but would really want a 12 seater, but all of the dealers with 12 seater don't have the other options, that the 15 seater carry. So can I remove one of the 3 seater, and move the 4 seater bench seater to the next to the last position?

In addition, which do you prefer, the hinged or sliding door.

Thanks

Denny
  • pcampionpcampion Posts: 1
    Got the coolant and the hose, now I need to find where to plug in... I can see the high point connection. Where is the low point?
  • unixnerdunixnerd Posts: 1
    Was there ever a resolution to this? My 02 Yukon is doing the EXACT same thing. I can't find resolution in the boards.

Thanks.
  • stackstack Posts: 3
    Excerpt from TSB below, mentions 02 Yukon. You should be able to go to the dealer and have them pull up the TSB #01-01-39-004, also try www.alldatadiy.com

A/C Not Cold Enough, A/C Blows Warm Air with Vehicle at Extended Idle (Install Auxialiary Electric Coolant Fan) #01-01-39-004
    A/C Not Cold Enough, A/C Blows Warm Air with Vehicle at Extended Idle (Install Auxiliary Electric Coolant Fan)
    2000-2002 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Utility Models (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL)

2002 Cadillac Escalade

With 6.0L Engine (VINs U, N -- RPOs LQ4, LQ9)

Condition
    Some customers may comment that the A/C stops cooling and blows warm air when the vehicle is idling for an extended period of time such as sitting in traffic.

Cause
    Inadequate airflow over the condenser may cause this condition.

Correction
    The addition of an auxiliary fan in front of the condenser radiator assembly may help to alleviate this condition. The coolant fan will come on each time the A/C compressor is commanded on by the PCM. This fan will create a roaring sound when operating.
  • neonneon Posts: 1
    I have a '99 Express with 96000 miles, I replaced spurk plugs, cables, rotor, rotor cap, fuel filter, oil, oil filter. Water pump not long ago. The van was giving me problem to start, I thouthg I fixed the problem after replacing all of the above, but the van didn't start. someone told me it was the fuel pump, I purchase a pump from the dealer ($460) and the van starts but it jerks a little, when in idle, the engine doesn't run smooth. the ride is ok, but not like before, especially when going up hill. The problem can be notice also when going in reverse. After spending a lot of money, and time, I'm not please with the results. Dealer couldn't find the problem either. please help me.
  • MY 1997 CHEVY VAN 5.7 VORTEC G10 HAS HAD AN ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE SINCE DAY ONE. I HAVE REPLACED THE FUEL SENDING UNIT, FUEL PUMP AND INST CLUSTER WITH NO LUCK. MECHANIC HAD TO MANUALLY ADD/CHANGE RESISTANCE OF FEED WIRE TO GAUGE, BUT DID NOT OR COULD NOT CALIBRATE CORRECTLY. THE GAUGE READS FULL WHEN FULL BUT READS ALMOST 1/4 TANK WHEN RUNS EMPTY. CAN I ALSO MANUALLY PUT A VARIABLE POT-METER TO GET A PRECISE RESISTANCE TO SEE IF GAUGE CALIBRATES WITH THE NEW RESISITANCE ADDED OR SHOULD I CONTINUE TO GO TO BED WITH MY ODOMETER READINGS AND HOPE I DON'T DREAM THEM AWAY? THANKS. PS-I CAN'T FIND IF MY VAN IS RWLD OR 4WLD--HELP?
  • flybabyflybaby Posts: 4
    hi there, I have had kind of the same problem, i checked the PCP valve on the top of the rocker cover this was sticking so i replaced it ! you can tell if its sticking as it doesnt rattle, it should ! then it runs smooth again. hope it helps
  • ClairesClaires Chicago areaPosts: 979
    Welcome to the Forums, sherrodman! You might also want to post your question in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion. By the way, it's a good idea to take your caps lock button off -- when you type in all caps, readers might think you're shouting at them :-)

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

• judge5judge5 Posts: 1
    Hello, I own a 1997 2500 12 passenger Express van. Technically it is the same as the 2000. I tried every possible shock brand out there and believe it or not the best results I got were from KYB shocks, the series is GAS A JUST. I was very skeptical about using Japanese shocks on my van, but once I tried them, believe me I was amazed at the smooth ride and stability. I tried, Monroe Gas Magnum and the ride was back braking, too hard. I tried Gabriels and too soft. I even went with the very expensive Rancho RS9000X and they were either too soft or too hard, could not find a comfortable setting out of 9 they have. Finally a friend told me that his montero improved ride and stability with these KBY Gas A Just shocks, so I decided to spend an other $ 150.00 for the set and these were the best $150.00 I put into my van.

For even more stability, if needed, I changed the rims on my van for a set of 2003 Dodge Ram 8lug mag wheels, which by the way look awesome, can send you pics if you want. I got the wheels from ebay, when they arrived, I put one on in the front driver's side and found that the wheels were too wide on the inside so the steering arm was touching the wheel and could not use these rims, I liked the rims so much that I decided to buy a set of spacers to be able to install them. I got a set of 2" spacers, but 1" would have been enough to space the wheels. Now the Van looks great and I have even more stability when cornering.

Hope I have been helpful. Take care, Judge5
  • boda2boda2 Posts: 1
    I have a new 2005 Chevy Express passenger van. How do you remove the arm rests from the front seats? I'd like to install seat covers.
  • chapin1chapin1 Posts: 1
    my trouble is that my van will start and run for 2 seconds then die,i got a scanner and it says "pass" no codes what could it be?
  • catladycatlady Posts: 1
    Has anyone with 2004 GMC Savana Van experienced extreme vibration and shaking with loss of power while driving on highway at 60 to 70 mph? Shaking may continue for 5 minutes, as we always try to pull off when condition occurs. After we shut down , we can then resume trip and vibration may not occur for 20 miles or maybe 800 miles. Dealerships have not been able to find problem.
    If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate to hear from them.
  • garandmangarandman Posts: 524
    I'm looking at special ordering an 06 1500 van with both side doors, tilt/cruise, power locks, and limited slip. We'll use it to transport two people and up to 1,000 lbs of gear throughout New England. The dealer (Dobles Chevrolet commercial trucks) was much more knowledgable and responsive to my questions than the local Ford dealer - AutoFair.

The dealer suggest that the standard 4.3l V6 will deliver much better mileage than the optional 5.3 - the 1500 has 4.3 or 5.3 versus the 4.8 on the 2500. Rear axle ratio is 3.42, which should be good for mileage.

I have two questions. 1. Will the 4.3 give substantially better mileage than the V8? My experience is that oerworked engines can get lower mpg, and we will be traversing the hills in VT and elsewhere. 2. Will the 4.3 hold up? We'll drive it 20-25,000 miles per year.
    Dealer can't guarantee any financing or prociing promotions if I order a vehicle. Anyone have their finger in the air about what propmtions would be in place on an ordered 06 van? Ford has their 06 Econoline promos up for August already.
  • rgaughanrgaughan Posts: 1
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone had a similar problem? $2600 (dealer) is a steep price for such a short period. Is GM any help? Any luck with AAMCO?

2000 Express 1500 Mark III conversion. Purchased 2001.

Thank you. :sick:
  • fornarogfornarog Posts: 3
    Hello, I am new to this forum and to Chevy

I Just purchased a new 2005 3500 express extended passenger van with the 6.0 ltr and 3.73 rear end.

What style of mirrors are wobbling after adding a bug deflector as I want to add one to the van?

I am also looking for fender flares and want to know if the body on the 2005 is the same as any previous years.

Thanks,

Greg
  • gaspoor1gaspoor1 Posts: 9
    Hi, I have a2001 express 3500 cutaway with the 8.1 liter option for a motorhome. This is the best engine and ride I ever had. Get 10 mpg which in a 12,000 pound unit is fantastic. It also has incredible power. My question? Why did they stop offering this engine after 2002 in the van? Does anyone know?
    Just bought our 2005 express 3500 extended passenger van and we are excited about it. I have a couple of questions though and would appreciate any help:

1) Is it pre-wired to hook up a brake controller?
    2) Any recommendations on adding an extra transmission cooler?
    3) How is it different than earlier years (body, engine, etc) - useful in looking for aftermarket accessories?
    4) Any problems if I add a bug shield?
    5) Anyone ever put fender flares on one and where did you find them?

Thanks!

Greg
    Hi!

What kind of cooler did you add, and what kind of place does that work?

Thanks,

Greg
  • eliaselias Posts: 1,934
    anyone heard anything recent about savana/express duramax? there was a press release about it months ago but i read a recent article wihch didn't mention the duramax engine option .
    I was at the dealer last week and apparently they're having trouble fitting a transmission in that will handle the torque of the Isuzu.
  • stackstack Posts: 3
    I have an '03 with power heated mirrors (no turn signal) and they wobbled after about six months...and thats without a bug deflector! :mad: Good luck with yours...hope you bought the extended wty. Have had many problems with our 2003 6.0L 2500 12 passenger....the really expensive ones started happening after 36K miles
  • kpruskikpruski Posts: 2
    I have a 99 Chev Express Van and noticed that at about 25+ mph I hear a noise and experience vibrations very similar to having mud/snow tires on the vehicle. The problem is I have very quiet radial tires. This is a new noise on the van. I do not know if it is related to the transmission or something to do with the front or rear end. It definitely has nothing to do with the engine. If you coast (put it in neutral and turn off the engine), the noise and vibration is just as apparent. If you take a decent right turn curve at about 40+ mph the noise and vibration disappears. The vibration or noise does not increase or decrease under load. I do have 150,000 miles on this vehicle so everything could be suspect. Does anyone have any clues?
    Today we bought an Express Cargo 2500 with tilt/cruise, window glass and cloth seats. Paid $20,500 with the $1,000 rebate, pretty tought to beat. We have an older Ford Econoline and the ride and handling on this one is much better. I'm crious about what we'll get for MPG with the 4.8l V8 and 3.73 axle versus the Ford 5.8 and 3.73 rear axle.
    We got the standard AM/FM/Single CD radio

1. Any good way to connect MP3 players?
    2. The radio supports 4 speakers, is the wiring in place for the rear speakers?

TIA
  • my 2001 Express has been nothing but trouble since we got it, now the silly thing has 91K miles on it, easy miles I would ask, and the stupid thing is leaking radiator fluid from seems to be the intake manifold on the driver's side, anyone know if this was covered by a recall that I missed, or by any other warranty?
    Mechanic said it will take about $1,000 to fix it, then the other side will do it's thing sometime soon, claims that this is a manufactered defect. :lemon:
  • Hi, I know when your are parked you can push your emergency brake down and they will go off, sorry not much help for while driving. I would do the fuse thing. I do not see why it is illegable to not have them on, there are alot of cars that do not have daytime driving lights. :)
  • Hi, we have a 97 chevy not gmc, we have had to replace the fuel pump, very costly luckily we had a extended warranty, air conditioner compressor. Alternator ,drive belt. other than that not to bad. :)
  • I would go with the 2500 and the 5.7 if you can still get them. they are power houses and can stand the hills with no problem. My experience with V6's have never been good, dogs to say the least. the 1500 probably will drop down in the rear with 1000 pounds of gear. Just my opinion, because i have a 1500 and it starts to drop down in the back with a few hundred pounds in the back. and with two three year olds. :)
  • My 2000 GMC Savana with a 7.4L motor has delayed starting that is intermitting. It happens sometimes at first starting or after its warm it is verry inconsistant. It also starts at the first turn over. It has 145000 miles, I have just tuned it up including a new ign coil, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, Is there something that will delay the starting if there is low oil pressure or what. It has great oil pressure. I have replaced the fuel pump, filter and just about anything that I can. Can you help.