Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chevy Express/GMC Savana

Comments

• I'm very interested in the same thing-----I want to hook up my XM!
    Did you get an answer yet?
  • Claire@EdmundsClaire@Edmunds Chicago areaPosts: 968
    Fordfan4, this is the Chevy Express/GMC Savana discussion. You'll probably have better luck finding people who want to discuss "GM vs Ford" in the News & Views forum.

Claire

HOST

• liverpoolliverpool Posts: 1
    my 2001 savana 3500 after it has been run for a while and gets hot when i switch it off it will not start up afain till i have left it sitting for about 15 to 20 minutes. i took it to a dealership who fixed it for about 1000 dollars however i still have the same problem. i cannot believe that mine is the only van with this problem and i really do not want to pay out another chunk of money so these people can "diagnose" my problem please help
  • jrtozerjrtozer Posts: 1
    Anyone have experience with the Express or Savana AWD offroad? I'm interested in how it performs on rougher dirt roads and sandy washes. Is it as capable as a stock full-size SUV for this sort of thing? Would bigger tires and/or a short lift help?

Thanks,
    -JR
    liverpool, you might also want to post your question in the Maintenance & Repair Forum

ClaireS

Claire

HOST

• red64red64 Posts: 1
    I own a 2003 Chevy Express / 3500 / Cargo Van. I use it primarily for hauling work related equipment. I would like to have the ability to occasionally, leagaly, install one rear bench seat and seat belts for hauling kids and family. Has anyone out there heard of such a kit that can be installed so that a passenger bench seat can be installed or removed in the Chevy Express Cargo Vans?
  • savannamansavannaman Posts: 1
    Hmm I have a 97 5.7 vortec that screams...don't know what yours problem is and it also has 223,000 miles on it
  • Hi, I have a new motor for my 99 express 3500 5.7L and I was wondering if anyone out there has ever replaced the motor themselves. I have alot of experience fixing cars but never replaced motor. I figure its gonna be a [non-permissible content removed] but would really like to do it myself for experience. Any help would be appreciated thanks
  • stackstack Posts: 3
    My 2003 Express A/C blows warm air when parked and idling or stopped in traffic and the outside temp is above 90 or so. Gets cold again once vehicle is moving. Any other owners have the same issue? It has done it since I bought it new. I know there is a TSB on this subject for the GM pickups with the same 6.0L engine, but I see nothing about the Express or Savana. TSB calls for installing an auxiliary electric fan on the condenser.
  • flybabyflybaby Posts: 4
    hi there, I am new to this site, i have a 97 savana van that also just stops without any warning !!! sometimes i can be doing 10mph sometimes 50mph !!! can anyone please help as i am going crazy trying to sort out this problem
  • ddanqueddanque Posts: 1
    Hello everyone, this is sort of a technical pre-sale question that the dealerships here in Southern California, don't seem to have an answer. I can purchase a 15 seater, but would really want a 12 seater, but all of the dealers with 12 seater don't have the other options, that the 15 seater carry. So can I remove one of the 3 seater, and move the 4 seater bench seater to the next to the last position?

In addition, which do you prefer, the hinged or sliding door.

Thanks

Denny
  • pcampionpcampion Posts: 1
    Got the coolant and the hose, now I need to find where to plug in... I can see the high point connection. Where is the low point?
  • unixnerdunixnerd Posts: 1
    Was there ever a resolution to this? My 02 Yukon is doing the EXACT same thing. I can't find resolution in the boards.

Thanks.
  • stackstack Posts: 3
    Excerpt from TSB below, mentions 02 Yukon. You should be able to go to the dealer and have them pull up the TSB #01-01-39-004, also try www.alldatadiy.com

A/C Not Cold Enough, A/C Blows Warm Air with Vehicle at Extended Idle (Install Auxialiary Electric Coolant Fan) #01-01-39-004
    A/C Not Cold Enough, A/C Blows Warm Air with Vehicle at Extended Idle (Install Auxiliary Electric Coolant Fan)
    2000-2002 Chevrolet and GMC C/K Utility Models (Tahoe, Suburban, Yukon, Yukon XL)

2002 Cadillac Escalade

With 6.0L Engine (VINs U, N -- RPOs LQ4, LQ9)

Condition
    Some customers may comment that the A/C stops cooling and blows warm air when the vehicle is idling for an extended period of time such as sitting in traffic.

Cause
    Inadequate airflow over the condenser may cause this condition.

Correction
    The addition of an auxiliary fan in front of the condenser radiator assembly may help to alleviate this condition. The coolant fan will come on each time the A/C compressor is commanded on by the PCM. This fan will create a roaring sound when operating.
  • neonneon Posts: 1
    I have a '99 Express with 96000 miles, I replaced spurk plugs, cables, rotor, rotor cap, fuel filter, oil, oil filter. Water pump not long ago. The van was giving me problem to start, I thouthg I fixed the problem after replacing all of the above, but the van didn't start. someone told me it was the fuel pump, I purchase a pump from the dealer ($460) and the van starts but it jerks a little, when in idle, the engine doesn't run smooth. the ride is ok, but not like before, especially when going up hill. The problem can be notice also when going in reverse. After spending a lot of money, and time, I'm not please with the results. Dealer couldn't find the problem either. please help me.
  • MY 1997 CHEVY VAN 5.7 VORTEC G10 HAS HAD AN ERRATIC FUEL GAUGE SINCE DAY ONE. I HAVE REPLACED THE FUEL SENDING UNIT, FUEL PUMP AND INST CLUSTER WITH NO LUCK. MECHANIC HAD TO MANUALLY ADD/CHANGE RESISTANCE OF FEED WIRE TO GAUGE, BUT DID NOT OR COULD NOT CALIBRATE CORRECTLY. THE GAUGE READS FULL WHEN FULL BUT READS ALMOST 1/4 TANK WHEN RUNS EMPTY. CAN I ALSO MANUALLY PUT A VARIABLE POT-METER TO GET A PRECISE RESISTANCE TO SEE IF GAUGE CALIBRATES WITH THE NEW RESISITANCE ADDED OR SHOULD I CONTINUE TO GO TO BED WITH MY ODOMETER READINGS AND HOPE I DON'T DREAM THEM AWAY? THANKS. PS-I CAN'T FIND IF MY VAN IS RWLD OR 4WLD--HELP?
  • flybabyflybaby Posts: 4
    hi there, I have had kind of the same problem, i checked the PCP valve on the top of the rocker cover this was sticking so i replaced it ! you can tell if its sticking as it doesnt rattle, it should ! then it runs smooth again. hope it helps
    Welcome to the Forums, sherrodman! You might also want to post your question in the Got a Quick, Technical Question? discussion. By the way, it's a good idea to take your caps lock button off -- when you type in all caps, readers might think you're shouting at them :-)

Claire

HOST

• judge5judge5 Posts: 1
    Hello, I own a 1997 2500 12 passenger Express van. Technically it is the same as the 2000. I tried every possible shock brand out there and believe it or not the best results I got were from KYB shocks, the series is GAS A JUST. I was very skeptical about using Japanese shocks on my van, but once I tried them, believe me I was amazed at the smooth ride and stability. I tried, Monroe Gas Magnum and the ride was back braking, too hard. I tried Gabriels and too soft. I even went with the very expensive Rancho RS9000X and they were either too soft or too hard, could not find a comfortable setting out of 9 they have. Finally a friend told me that his montero improved ride and stability with these KBY Gas A Just shocks, so I decided to spend an other $ 150.00 for the set and these were the best $150.00 I put into my van.

For even more stability, if needed, I changed the rims on my van for a set of 2003 Dodge Ram 8lug mag wheels, which by the way look awesome, can send you pics if you want. I got the wheels from ebay, when they arrived, I put one on in the front driver's side and found that the wheels were too wide on the inside so the steering arm was touching the wheel and could not use these rims, I liked the rims so much that I decided to buy a set of spacers to be able to install them. I got a set of 2" spacers, but 1" would have been enough to space the wheels. Now the Van looks great and I have even more stability when cornering.

Hope I have been helpful. Take care, Judge5
  • boda2boda2 Posts: 1
    I have a new 2005 Chevy Express passenger van. How do you remove the arm rests from the front seats? I'd like to install seat covers.