Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LeSabre

Comments

• oregonajoregonaj Posts: 21
    Just getting back to car shopping after a couple of months diversion. Thanks for all the help and good answers to my previous post on 2003 LeSabre Custom options. One more question - does anyone know whether there's room for a full size spare in the space where the "Limited Use" spare is stored.

Thanks, Jim
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,046
    I read on a car-related website that a LeSabre Ultra, supercharged, is coming in 2004. Hope that's true. Might bring more youthful buyers into the Model.

Add some good colors, like the bright Crimson Red with chrome wheels, and it's going to bring down the average age of the buyers and bring more people in. So many of the colors are, well...., bland. And the same colors are there year after year. There's more to life than sand brown and silvers!

Look at the LeSabres lined up in a dealer's lot, then look at the Accord's colors.
  • norbnancynorbnancy Posts: 118
    Regular size tire is several inches to large in diameter and width to fit in donut hole. Why would you want regular size spare? I have used donut spares many times at hyway speeds and find no problems. I like the added space that a regular size spare used to take up. I have a 1993 Fleetwood Brougham with a regular size spare and I don't like it. Takes to much room and is very heavy and awkward to remove, and install. IMIDAZO/97---I agree with you on the lack of striking LeSabur colors. I think it would help Buick broaden their owner base. Anyone have slight gear noise at 29 - 30 mph? It does not seem to be getting louder after 2000 miles. I'm not sure I want a technician tearing things apart chasing a noise. Enjoy the ride.
  • macarthur2macarthur2 Posts: 135
    I'd love to see it in a metallic british racing green with the optionally alloy wheels----sharp
    British Racing Green on a LeSabur. Maybee add a British flag on the roof. That would be a hoot.How about real wire wheels. Enjoy the ride.
    Have you seen the Jaguer sedan that looks very similar to the LeSabre? I wish I could recall the model. Similar from the side, rear and front.
    Its the 2003 X type Jaguer
  • mlm4mlm4 Posts: 401
    I'm sure Jaguar would be mortified if their motorcars were compared to Buicks! (And maybe a few Buick owners as well!)
  • t2deant2dean Posts: 2
    I had been noticing that my car would not start up right away. Some days it would work and other days it would take 4 or 5 seconds before it started. I brought it into the shop. I found out it was a leaking fuel pressure regulator.
    Just passing it along in case anyone else had this issue.
    I _used_ to buy Fords in my younger days. Wouldn't have one now, so Jaguar, Volvo, whatever else -- not interested.
    Is that X type the one that looks like a Taurus???
    I've seen a few LeSabres in our area with what look like the Celebration chrome
    wheels, but in colors that aren't the three for Celebration models. Has
    LeSabre started selling the chromes with other colors?

They really make the cars look sharp. Saw a black one, and a Dark green and a white
    one with what looked like the same wheels over about 8 weeks now. Maybe they're
    aftermarket...

I've seen a LeSabre with the portholes like Park Avenue Ultras,
    but in gold with a tan vinyl roof added to the light bronzemist. Little "too much" for
    my taste, but the lady driving it seemed happy!
    Probable aftermarket chromewheels. Many cars are bland looking so I like the way chrome wheels dress them up. Hard to keep from rusting in the harsh climates, but nice. I have a 1993 Fleetwood Brougham that has after market chrome wheels. They get a lot of favorable comments. I would like to install a hood ornnament on my 03 Le Sabur, possibly one from a LeSabur Custom or Park Avenue. Do they attach with a bolt & nut or are they glued on?
  • Just bought a 03 Buick LeSabre Limited Celebration. When trying to install a childs car booster seat, can not get the rear seat belts to lock when I pull it out all the way. Our 97 GM mini-van rear seat belts do allow you to lock once you pull them out all the way and let it rachet to a snug shoulder position. Did GM make a change to their rear seat belts since 1997?

Also, found out that our '03 LaSabre does not come with a cabin air filter but it seems like the housing under the hood is there from the factory. Do I just have to buy a filter and put it in for the system to work or do I need the dealer to install a factory cabin air kit?

Buy the way, we really love the car, just wish they would have put in 3 rear head rests.
  • beach15beach15 Posts: 1,305
    I just started a Caddy Fleetwood board here under "Sedans" and think you should check it out and maybe post a message or two so we can keep it alive. We have a 1992 Roadmaster Limited and just bought a 1993 Caddy Fleetwood Brougham that we'll get next week. It was hard to find the car, now it's hard to find anyone else who has one!

Anyway, to make this LeSabre related, we had a 2002 LeSabre Custom that was an Enterprise rental for a month after our 300M got crushed. Loved every second of it and planned to trade the Chrysler for one after we got it back, but things changed. Still, a great car and I'd buy one in a heartbeat!
  • donnamikedonnamike Posts: 1
    I loved my 2001 Buick until 2 weeks ago. I took it to the dealer for my driver side window not working. That was a regulator which cost 350.00. At that time they found that I was leaking antifreeze from my upper intake manifold. I needed a new plenum (which is made out of plastic) which the total cost on that was 640.00. The dealer said this was a common problem. I get it back and the next day my 4th gear goes bad. This car has only 55,600 miles on it. During this time we found out that the battery is in under the back seat where my 8 year old child sits. That gives me an uneasy feeling. We are trading in this car and going with something that has a longer warranty period. I am very disappointed with the Buick. When we bought the car we got a GM discount but I have used that discount up with repairs in 2 weeks. Think hard before you buy one.
  • hagrawalhagrawal Posts: 20
    We recently bought a 2003 LeSbre Limited and had (a) wind noise and (b) seat heating malfunction problems. The Baltimore area GM representative was a totally decietful and dishonest and incompetent person as he tried to play games and not correct the problems.

Warning: Do Not Trust GM officials. They have no interest in helping consumers.
    I've had excellent service from GM.

You shouldn't make a blanket statement about GM personnel.

If you're having a dealer problem, talk to them.

My 03 Limited has been great. Very well put together. 31.5 mpg on trips at
    75-80 with air conditioning on. 22 around city driving.

Go read the honda accord problems Part 2 forum, or the toyota problems
    forum if you want to hear about factory not handling flaws...
    Or the honda pilot seems to have many builtin "features" that are giving problems.

As for the battery under the seat, much better weight distribution and longer battery life
    since it's not heated to extremes in the engine compartment.

How many cars have batteries under the rear, out of the engine compartment???

BTW. The gas tank is under the rear seat on most cars. I'd much rather be in a full size
    Buick than a honda or camry in an accident.
    It should be possible to add the cabin air filter to a LeSabre that did not come with it from the factory. In addition to the filter itself (GM Part 25654414), you'll need the frame that holds the filter (GM Part 25669930). You only need to buy the frame once.
  • Thanks for the info mlm4. How did you know that I would need a frame for the cabin air filter and its part number? Where does GM publish this type of info?
    I learned this from someone else here at Town Hall. Great place to exchange automotive knowledge. He figured it out by looking at an AC-Delco web site. When I changed the air filter on my Bonneville (basically the same car as LeSabre), there was a black plastic frame into which the filter was held that slides out of the compartment under the hood. GM had to warn it's technicians not to throw that part away as it is not included with a replacement filter.