Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Buick LeSabre

Comments

• Did you ever find out how to extinguish the ABS light when the brakes are working as they should? Appreciate it if you would share that with me. I was told if the fuse for the system is blown the light comes on with ignition and stays on. Can anyone confirm this? I don't even see a fuse specifically for the ABS system. :confuse:
  • 45bob5745bob57 Posts: 2
    I have replace all four of the window motors and regulators...spent approx $1600. Did I miss a recall? Vehical is a 2000 LeSabre. Help!! 45Bob57
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Crossroads of America: I70 & I75Posts: 18,532
    Is an Advanced Auto type store able to turn off the code with their readers?
  • anjouanjou Posts: 1
    I just inherited a 1992 Buick LeSabre with 135,000 miles from my mother-in-law. Although the A/C does blow cold air, there is very little of it coming out of any of the vents. In MAX A/C mode and the blower on high, the blower fan makes a noise like a tornado, but none of the air is coming out the vents. At lower fan speeds or in NORM A/C mode it is relatively quiet, but has the same symptom.
    When you switch between the modes using the buttons do you hear any noises like the vanes in the heater box changing position?

If not check under the hood on the firewall to the driver's side of the center in the relay center/MaxiFuse block for a small vacuum line that pulled off from the vacuum storage tank. That would mean you get no vacuum inside the car to operate the heater doors.
  • My pump comes on and operates about five seconds and there seems to be no change in the ride; but I have a very slight rattle in the area of the right rear wheel well. I am not familiar with the Buick system; do they use standard air shocks under computer control? Could I have a shock gone bad? Please any comments at all. Thanks
  • Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having the same issue with my 1995. Thanks
  • Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I am having same issue with my 1995. Thanks.
  • rvdmadrvdmad Posts: 6
    My 2004 Le Sabre Custom has a defective (noisy) a/c-heater temperature control switch. General motors calls this an actuator, part # 89018377. This switch is electrical and located just behind the glove box. The control box housing the switch is small and a shaft rotates as you move the temperature control on the dash back and forth.

I had planned to replace this actuator, which looks simple to do. I checked with the dealer and was told that the new switch must be calibrated and that moving the shaft to calibrate the switch can damage the new switch. If the shaft is rotated further than it is necessary, the shaft will lock and will ruin the entire switch. Of course this concerns me some.

I attempted to find a book for this operation but have not been successful.

Can anyone help me with information or instructions?

I appreciated your help.

Ron D
    Try this:
    temperature door actuator R&R
    and this;actuator

You've got mail in your carspace account mailbox here on Edmunds. I just sent additional information to you. click on the "Mailbox" word in the gray bar with all the clickable links across it to get to your mail...
  • rvdmadrvdmad Posts: 6
    I really thank you for your help. I have attempted to find the e-mail message that you sent to my carspace account but nothing appears. I think all that I now need is how to calibrate the unit.

This is probably not a good idea but I am listing my e-mail address below. if you will resend the info. I will appreciate it.

Thanks again
    dalrymple1@verizon.net
  • hi 45bob57
    i also have a 2000 buick lesabre that i have changed 7 motors and or regulators at present i have 3 of my windows wired up because i refused to spend any more money on these windows i did ask a dealer about a recall and was told there were none.
    if you have any info to share i would appreciate it. also my dash board is separating from the window.
    thanks
    stacyg
  • Here is one for all you lighting gurus out there. 1994 LeSabre Custom. Great road car and really good mileage. Has 108,000 on it but well maintained. ABS light stays on but I don't slide 'em anyway and the brakes are really good. Here's the situation: Cruise control works but the "Cruise" light is inop. Next the instrument lights won't come on but I can turn the dome light on with the instrument light rheostat. When the keys are in the ignition and the driver's door is opened, the dinger dings (as it's supposed to); when the ignition is turned off with the headlights on, the dinger dings (as it's supposed to); now, with no keys in and no lights on, when the driver's door is opened, the dinger dings (which it isn't supposed to). I'm thinking it's a fuse but which one? There is a small index pasted to the fuse box cover but doesn't mean much to me. I don't want to give the dealer another chance to guess. Now what? Over.
    I have heard people comment about the bell going off at the wrong time. The instrument panel lights not workin may mean a connector at the instrument panel isn't making good contact. It could be grounds at the bottom of the A pillar where the plastic trim follows around to become the door bottom. I have a manual for a 93 but don't have a 94 to check electrical problems. The bells could be suffering from the same ground problem.

I believe I've heard mention of a body control module that controls all the bells and whistles. Don't know where it is and believe it was in a Bonneville discussion where some of these have been mentioned. But my thinking is each is a unique circumstantce. Some leSabres have a small fuse and relay and bell panel on the passenger side above the right foot. Remove the hush panel. On top of the hush panel is a listing of what each item is. Listen to see if that's the source of ding sound by the way. The noise maker itself may be under there..
  • pflyerpflyer Posts: 25
    Hi all,

Just got a great deal on a 2004 Limited with 63,000 miles. Paid $9000 at a Lincoln Mercury dealership. My only issue with the car is that the rear outlets do not dispense any air.

I have tried the lever in between the two vents and nothing happens if I move the lever up or down, although I hear some sliding noises inside the vents. Is there a rear air switch I am missing? Do the rear vents only work in certain modes? (ie, only in Air conditioning or when the flow is on the floor)

Thanks for any help. Love the car.

As a side note, is there a better value out there than large, late model American sedans?

Pat
  • There is a duct that comes lose below the rear vents near the floor under the middle front seat. See if the air is coming out near the floor behind the middle front seat. If it is, then the duct needs to be reconnected. Mine came off on my 2003 about 10 times after 10 visits to the dealer for seat and electrical repairs. To reattach, move the front seats forward and up all the way. Then put your hand on the duct near the floor and push it real hard on and over the solid receiver. The duct is flexible but can come off when you just move the seats too much. Its not easy to get on but mine has stayed on for the last 2 years so hopefully its kind of formed now to stay on. I hope I don't have to remove the seat anytime soon as I probably would never get it to stay on again. I do have a front driver seat heating element out, but have not attempted to fix it for about 1 year.
  • My AC is not blowing cold on my 2003 Buick LeSabre Limited. It was intermittent about 1 month ago and now has just stopped all together. Also, the blue light on the temp dash control is now out but the red light still works. Further, the lights on the dash fan control now don't work either. Could it be a bad electronic dash AC control panel or a freon leak? Any ideas? Thanks.
  • Good news in a way. The instrument light problem was a blown fuse (found by easter-egging) now they work. The Cruise light still doesn't but, hopefully, is another blown fuse - now to find it. Suggestion: go to your friendly auto zone and get a pack of 10, 15 and 20 amp mini-fuses and put 'em in the trunk.
    Thanks, mariannesam. That did the trick. Kind of a hokey setup for the rear air. I think I will be "fixing" this problem quite often.

Otherwise, great car (except for the cup holders, which are terrible)
  • This morning the word "Security" light on the panel stayed on after I started and drove my 1998 Buick Lesabre a little ways. Why? What does that mean? It drives so good, it has about 90,000 miles on it. I love my Buick but I'm concerned about this Security Light.

D.C.
  • Driver side is the only windowo working!

The rear windows work only after the car has been going at a significant speed for a while.

The Passengers side works only when car is moving (doesn't have to be going fast)and you jiggle the buttons on the driver's side and the passenger does the same!
    What a riot, right? The poassenger window was the first one to start acting up! Do you know if this is a master switch problem, or what? I can't figure it out.
    Any thoughts,

Thanks to all
    Joyce
  • hi guys i'm new to the forum just kind of stumbled on to it. my problem is i have a 94 custom and the service engine light will come on when i start it but i turn it off and start it again and the light is gone. worst of all the car will just shut off when i'm going down the road but will restart after about 5 mins. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks a lot.
  • Any hints on removing the blower motor? Discussions with the dealer service manager points to bad brushes, but I'm having a hard time removing the thing. Any help appreciated!
    Try this link: Remove Heater Blower 2003

It's apparently fairly easy. It's done inside the car. I believe I recall someone takng their blower apart and finding contacts inside not touching and adjusting the wires or something and the thing worked again. He was an engineer, and like me, he's not afraid to take things apart.
  • Thanks for the link, unfortunately the LeSabre has dual climate control and is vastly different from that depicted in the link.
    I thought I had it but there must be one more screw hidden somewhere...

Thanks for the input!
    The 03 service manual doesn't make a distinction between the standard air conditioning and the dual electronic control as far as how the heater blower comes out. It's my understanding 00-05 or 05 when the last were produced were all the same car.
    Hi,

One more very minor problem. The heated seat backlighting on the driver's side is inop. The Hi/Low light works, but the backlighting for the pushbutton switch is inop. Any ideas?

Thanks.
  • Any body know what may be causing my AC to not blow cold one day and then work the next time I restart? Its intermittent. Could it be the outside light or temp sensor?
    Thanks.
  • Hello all, I acquired an 89 Lesabre from my mother-in-law. It is in pretty good shape with 63,000 miles. However, the interior "courtesy lights" (dome, door, & reading lights) stay on constantly, which tends to drain the battery. I have pulled the fuse as a short-term fix, and checked all of the switches in the dome lights and door switches. I want to test a relay for this circuit, as this is indicated in my repair book wiring diagrams. But, I'm not sure if it actually exists, since I cannot find a part # for it at the stores or online. Any ideas?? Thanks for your help!
  • My Mom has a 2002 lesabre custom, the blower motor was having some problems, she took it to a local garage (she is new to area and this young man was recommended to her) who then took a zip tie, did something in the engine from below and the fan worked all the way home. she was told that the blower motor was burned out and needed to be replaced. This is going to cost her over 100 dollars. My question is how can the fan run if the motor is no good - what could he have done with the zip tie to make the fan run without the blower motor?