Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    The S for me remains a possibility, in AWD trim, along with the A8; I'll decide once AWD is available on the LS460.

When do you anticipate purchasing a HELC?

You have it narrowed down to the S550, A8, and the LS460?...or LS460L?

TagMan
  • sysweisyswei Posts: 1,804
    If the LS is available in AWD in late 2007, then probably late 2007. Whether LS460 or 460L depends on options packaging at that time. Next gen 7 series, if offered AWD, might be a possibility, but my inclination is not to purchase a German car so early in its lifecycle. Will there be a new Q45 out by then and will it be AWD? If so, that might be a possibility too.
  • deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    Why AWD?

Do you live in a rural snowy and mountainous ?

Snow can never stop me from buying RWD. But fortunately I live in a city with no mountains.
  • tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    From what I understand, there is indeed supposed to be a new 2008 Q from Infiniti, but I have not heard whether or not it will be available as AWD.

TagMan
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    From what I understand, there is indeed supposed to be a new 2008 Q from Infiniti, but I have not heard whether or not it will be available as AWD.

Yeah, considering how close the next Q supposedly is, its surprising that there's still basically no information on it. No concept art, nothing. Apparently they want to keep this one a secret until the last minute.
    Southwestern CT. Enough snow that I want AWD. Even in an RX300 AWD I almost slid off the road once.
    Since every Infiniti model(other than the dated Q) is available with AWD there really should be no reason why the new Q will not have AWD.
    Understandable.

I drove around Vermont during winter with my RWD BMW and it was quite a scary experience.
  • goodegggoodegg Posts: 905
    What's snow?
  • blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    What I meant was Toyota's goal.

They once again lagged behind the old laggert, GM, albeit not very far off of the mark. The crushed Ford again.
  • blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    The next Q is supposed to get a new-gen AWD system that will be a variation of the current one used in the G35/M35x's.

So Syswei, Lexus pulled out all of the stops with their AWD system by developing a very sophisticated system with a very Audi-like Torsen center diff. Supposed to be the best on the market behind, you guessed it, the A8.

Hopefully they'll release the technology down to the 460 models also.
  • A reporter with a national newspaper is hoping to talk with consumers who have received or are giving a luxury car as a gift for Christmas. Please reply to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Friday, December 8, 2006 with your daytime contact info.

Karen-Edmunds Community Manager

• hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Glad you agree but...I do think you like the S driver's seat better.
    No Doc. It really doesn't bug me. I enjoy watching you defend the Lexus position....fruitless, but enjoyable, just the same. ;)
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Since you choose not to share my fruit, you will never know how sweet, my friend!

Glad you enjoy the show! Catch you here tomorrow.

Same Lexus time. Same Lexus Station! ;)

So long!

DrFill
    "Whether one chooses any of the five is probably 90% subjective."

Uhh... no.
    Not when the objective evidence shows that:

1. C&D couldn't duplicate the Lexus LS460 numbers for 0-60 mph time, among other accelleration numbers; all too slow.

2. The braking distance numbers for the LS460 as reported by C&D are cause for concern (even the devout Lexbyterians among us admit this).
    Probably serving time somewhere for price-gouging.
    Come on now, syswei. Everybody knows the "he said, she said" cutesy "reviews" of those 2 folks in the Detroit News cannot be taken seriously. Wasn't "she" the only one on the planet who reviewed the new MDX recently and didn't like it?
    C&D couldn't duplicate the Lexus numbers for 0-60 mph time

C&D also couldn't duplicate something else: the weight of the car. They listed the LS460L's curb weight at 4700 lb. Lexus puts it at 4332 lb. Do you think Lexus is lying?

Or do you think maybe the discrepancy could be due to the fact that C&D tested a pre-production car? And if so, do you think there might, just possibly, be other differences between pre-production and production versions of the LS?
    I don't know about that, doc. I for one am willing to let the fruit slowly ripen rather than throw it out prematurely.

I agree with syswei that if Lexus says it will create a high-performance division, we should give them a chance and see what they can come up with.
    I did love the Toyota Supra once upon a time in yesteryear.

They just may come up with some exciting vehicles with prices that would even make Steve gasp!