Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,862
    That dominance you speak of means nothing

Oh really. For an ad man you surprise me.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

• tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    That dominance you speak of means nothing

Oh really. For an ad man you surprise me.

Doc, my meaning was that "Lexus dominance" means nothing TO ME PERSONALLY. Sorry for the confusion. Of course, results from ads are important. That goes without saying. Leave it you to catch me, though. You didn't let me down. ;)

TagMan
    Hmmm....you must be hitting that pain medication harder than I thought!

Hmmm....you must be hitting that pain medication harder than I thought!

:) Too darn easy-going for ya, eh?
    No, you are always calm and easy going, but your post 21979 was in reply to one of my posts but you addressed Doc.

I guess you're right, houdini... I'm gulping way too many pain pills. :surprise:

Heck, I even agreed with the DOC earlier. ;) Absolute proof.

TagMan
    Today, Tag made it even more complex, showing me that a twin-turbo 535i is on the way. Plus the diesels from MB and BMW are coming soon, preceded by rave reviews across the pond.

I'm pretty lucky about the timing of my 545i lease expiration.
    There are so many fantastic choices either out there now or coming soon, that I will only lease for 2 years or shorter (if they allow it). I want to experience as many of these great vehicles as I can.

As nice as that Twin Turbo engine seems to be, I'll bet it is more thrilling in the 3-series.

And... you and I, blkhemi, dewey, houdini (I think), and others have been waiting a long time for really great diesels to come stateside. I would expect it would be hard for you to pass up one of them.

How fortunate you are to have such an upcoming dilemma... we could all use those kinds of problems.

The closer these cars get, the more exciting it all seems... Finally.

TagMan
  • I'm sure Chrysler 300C is a better car than BMW 7 series, Audi A8, MB E-class, BMW 5 series, Audi A6, etc. etc. Some autoritive magazine, eh? Need I say more?
  • reality2reality2 Posts: 303
    Count me in as one of those waiting for a diesel. I am looking forward to the Audi 3.0 TDI (what a sweet engine as I had the pleasure of cruising Europe in an A6 3.0 TDI), but would love the A8's 4.2 TDI even more. I can only dream of seeing and experiencing the monster Audi V12 TDI straight out of the R10. That would be my ultimate ride!
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Yes. The more exciting ride would be in the 335i coupe.
    I would have to do a great selling job on the dismal 11 cu ft of trunk space since I do a lot of airport duty.

The British press has been raving about the 335id coupe and I read somewhere that a more powerful 335id engine is coming next year.

It's going to be a tough call with all these great vehicles coming to market next year.
  • pearlpearl Posts: 336
    I would love a BMW 5 series with the 3L/turbo engine - BUT - since I can't stand the current Bangle E60, will wait until the 09 redesign if my trusty 97 528 is still running (155K at present and going strong), and if I am not lured to something else first. That said, the 'rest of the world' still has a l-o-n-g way to go to beat BMW at anything to do with driving.
    It's going to be a tough call with all these great vehicles coming to market next year.

I feel sorry for ya' ;)

It'll be fun watching you change your mind a couple hundred times before making the final decision. :)

TagMan
    Is the '09 the one that some folks think is too conservative looking in the styling dept., based upon spy pics?

If that's the one I'm thinking of, I actually thought it was a good looking vehicle with graceful lines, as I recall... unless I'm thinking of something else.

TagMan
    Count me in as one of those waiting for a diesel. I am looking forward to the Audi 3.0 TDI (what a sweet engine as I had the pleasure of cruising Europe in an A6 3.0 TDI), but would love the A8's 4.2 TDI even more. I can only dream of seeing and experiencing the monster Audi V12 TDI straight out of the R10. That would be my ultimate ride!

There is very serious talk of a monster diesel in the R8. What a dream car that will be, if it happens.

TagMan
    Yes. I realize that I have shown interest in quite a few vehicles. But I have eliminated some.

Could use the space of an SUV, but would hate to drive a vehicle that large and heavy even if it would be the 4.8 L X5. I do believe I would regret it.

I would be interested in any BMW diesel that comes along at that time. Of course, that decision would be affected by whether I have to drive to Pittsburgh to re-fuel. :surprise:

And I may test drive the A8 if I see some good leasing deals out there.

Yes, the next time around will be the most exciting.
    However, whatever my choice turns out to be, I won't be driving it for more than 2 years.
    Yes. It looks pretty much "de-Bangle-ed."
    The rear should please most folks.
    Shows BMW corporate can listen.

Now about that thing you call iDrive....
    And I may test drive the A8 if I see some good leasing deals out there.

Yes, the next time around will be the most exciting.
    However, whatever my choice turns out to be, I won't be driving it for more than 2 years.

Ah, yes, by all means add the A8... great car.

However, by the time you are ready, the "list" will be more like a scroll of candidates. ;)

Would you turn down that diesel if the shortest lease were 3 years? Or are you sure there will be a two-year term available?

BTW, how many total cars do you and the wife drive, or expect to drive?

TagMan
    Well, I only need one. My wife doesn't drive but if I can talk her into getting her license, I will have "almost two."

One good thing; my wife has become totally accustomed to BMW's and wants nothing else. She protested loudly when I test drove the LS430 and GS430 in 2005.

BMW offers 2 year leases on all their vehicles, no exceptions, with incredibly high residuals of 72% or better for 24k miles on many of their vehicles. The X3 2 year lease residual is currently 77%.

I don't believe the BMW leasing protocol will change with the arrival of the diesels, but a minimum 3 year lease would be a deal-breaker.

If BMW ever decides to go with 18 months, I'm knocking on their door.
    Yes, my next purchase will be a diesel of some sort. I don't think it would be a helc though. Probably a small car for emergency use in case gas prices soar. Something in the 50mpg range.

• designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    This link must have been missed by some. I think Dewey might have posted it originally. Anyway BMW isn't bringing diesels to the US any time soon:

"While Volkswagen and Mercedes already sell diesels in the U.S. market, BMW has no plans to do so any time soon and declines to use the BLUETEC name, currently being used to help sell Mercedes-Benz E 320s that run on ultra low sulphur diesel in the U.S.

The world's biggest premium carmaker, a fierce rival of DaimlerChrysler's luxury Mercedes brand, first wants to develop a urea-based technology to reduce nitrogen oxides before considering a sustained entry into the U.S. diesel market."

From Reuters, Nov. 22, 2006