Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• You know the VW Touareg, Porsche Cayenne and Audi Q7 are all based on the same SUV platform? From what I had heard, the Cayenne was tanking badly in the markeptlace- I would think Porsche dealers would be willing to deal.

"Porsche charges an outrageous 7.3% to lease a Cayenne and I have a feeling there would be limited wiggle room with them.

I'm sure I could do well on a Q7 lease. "
  • anthonypanthonyp Posts: 1,857
    How many bike do you carry (usually) at a time?? You really owe yourself a trip up to western N.C as I see pretty large groups biking folks, and they have alot of designated roads up there....If by chance you do come that way I`l be there to welcome you Tony ps be prepared for some up hill going, and some exciting bmw driving
  • blkhemiblkhemi Posts: 1,717
    Looks like were all still here.

I just got off of the phone with Jaguar Concierge. They phoned to let me know the Jag should port here on Friday.

By my calculation, with me more than likely getting it next week, that's a week and a half ahead of schedule.

Just in time for spring, I'll be letting these stubborn grays waver with top dropped.

Anyway, how's everyone doing. HP's buying an SUV? Other than Bimmer?? Watchout world! ;)

BTW: With some talk going on about the Q7, I did get a chance to drive one for 2 days when I had both the W12 and S8 in for routine service last Thursday.

The model I had was the Q7 4.2 Premium w/20" wheels. In short, I can say Audi definetely brought their game when it comes to this vehicle. It has the usual Audi interior greatness and overall better build quality over the T'regg and Cayenne. But if you command that "King of Throne" high-sitting seat arrangement, you won't get it here. It's about the same height as it's platformates. Look towards Escalade or GL, and to a "higher extent"- the Range Rover for that reason. Other than that, the 350hp 4.2L V8 scoots this ride to 60 in under 7 seconds, fast enough. But if power is in your blood, then the 500hp+ V12 TDI that's coming this fall should address anyones concerns, even mine. And it still gets over 20 mpg. All in, I walked away very impressed. This vehicle does not disappoint, but neither does the GL, Range Rover, Escalade. And I thought the S/7/A8/LS/XJ class was tough....
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Still not close enough to my value range to be interested. (5.04%)

I got the 545 for 2.4% interest.

Right now the X5 is still "hot."
    Next year, at this time, I wil take another look, though, seriously, the X5 doesn't ring any bells for me.
    An SUV. Yes. For practical reasons. But it must be fun to drive, if one can say that about any of these behemoths.

Like the 545, whether I choose the Q7 or MDX, I will still have coveted exclusivity around here. The cargo vehicle of choice down these parts is indisputably the Honda Odyssey.

Glad to read you liked the Q7!

A 3.6L Quattro Q7 can be had for about the same monthly lease payment as the base MDX-about $540 a month, assuming 7% tax factored in.
    The interest rate on the Q7 lease offered by Audi as I write this is an astonishingly low 0.912%. The MDX can be had for a minimum of 6.6% from Honda Financial.

If this trend continues, the Q7 will head my list.
    My 545 lease is up in the summer of 2008. So I am just beginning to formulate a strategy at this time.

As I write this, the Cayenne lease has an outrageous 7.44% interest rate. If that doesn't go down by at least 200 basis points at this time next year, I will not waste my time going to the dealer to drive one.
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    The 2008 version may have real wood, but I doubt it.

That seems really unlikely. As with Lexus, Acura doesn't like to change their cars much until they are redesigned. Isn't the Cayenne a bit small? The other poster is also correct, its bombing so badly lately that Porsche stopped production until the refreshed one was ready, so I have to assume Porsche would be willing to make an uncharacteristic "deal" on one.

What about a GL450, or even a LX570 when it shows up?
    I re-read your post. I see you didn't mentioned that you wanted the all-out full-size ute.

Then in that case, the MDX, Q7, and GL should be sufficient as they all possess 70 or more cu. ft.

The Escalade, RR, and LX may all be too big, and you'd definetely miss anything associated with BMW handling in these.

I would recommend the X5, but it is still just as tight on the inside as the previous model, although it does ride a bunch better due to the switch to a coil-over-shock suspension, abandoning BMW's close relationship with struts all the way around.
    Yes, I don't need anything huge. Just my wife, the bikes and me. No dogs. No kids.

I drove the X5 several years ago and found the suspension too harsh. I sat in the new version several months ago, and I can easily do without one.

The fact that the Q7 can be leased for about the same monthly payment as the MDX has me quite interested in the Q.
    I live for great values!
  • tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    My dream ride is going down from the summit of Haleakala Crater in Maui-no peddling-all downhill (check the brakes!!) with Tagman meeting me at the bottom with a cup of fresh Kona coffee in his 911!

Do you want cream or sugar with that? ;)

TagMan
    On second thought, I'd like to change that order to a cool, extra tall Tanqueray and tonic. Hope I caught you in time! :)
    No problem. Damned good idea! :)
    TagMan
    Yes. I had a feeling you would like the idea! :)
    Yeah, the new X5 is an honest effort from BMW. It has certainly retained most of the good principles that the old model laid out yet banished most of the worst ones.

I do question why BMW gave into the pressure of putting that puny 3rd row in the X5. Definetely should've left that for X6/X7 duty.

And yes, currently the Q7 3.6 actually leases LESS than the MDX in our parts. But when you step to the 4.2 Premium maxed-out, things get a little hairy. Just cruise for the deals. They hate to see guys like you and I come to the showroom...
    The 3rd row on the X5 is a $1200 option on the 4.8 and $1700 on the 3.0. I sure wouldn't order it.
    I don't need a 3rd row, but anyone who truly does, better look anywhere but the X5. It is a totally useless waste of money.

Yeah. I only lease vehicles I get a great deal on. Being totally prepared helps. Also, not getting emotionally involved with any of these high-end vehicles doesn't hurt either. Which means getting up and walking out quickly if I feel I am wasting my time.

When my BMW salesguy in Sarasota told me he couldn't offer me the 545 on my terms and that his offer was the best I would be able to get on Florida's west coast, I said sorry to hear that but I am willing to make a deal with a Palm Beach BMW dealer on my terms and enjoy the 250 mile drive back in my new 545.
    The next day, I got an e-mail from Sarasota saying my terms were okay; so I got on the phone and he was sputtering this and that, acting all upset. Yeah. Right. Like he wasn't making money off me anyway.
    These guys are unbelievable! I have absolutely zero sympathy for them. I'm sure after my transaction, he made plenty more than he should have on some other folks and slept soundly that evening.

I go through this dance every 3 years (hopefully now, 2).
    You are correct. Dealers hate people like us. But they have only themselves to blame! :shades:
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    Make sure you are driving that trip alone. My wife screamed all the way down from Haleakala as I drove after the obligatory sun rise trip. It was only with a rental Monte Carlo, with plenty brake usage. The trip down Haleaka did prepare her for the road to Hana though :-) For what it's worth, we got the car with less than 50 miles on the odo, but when we returned the car two weeks later, the brakes definitely felt different ;-) Such is driving in Maui. Gotta try the sashimi at Costco there. We went there to pick up boogie boards and snorkelling goggles, ended up taking back to our hotel 5lbs of raw tuna sashimi! POG juice was just perfect for downing that. Oh yeah, had the pleasure of feeding sashimi to birds and cats afterward having my fill :-)
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    Yeah, agree with you on the dealers. I have resolved to go to Munich once a year just to satisfy my auto requirements, until and unless BMW drops its lease subsidies, as I need three cars.
    I can empathize.
    I did half of the road to Hana in a spunky little Subaru.
    My wife requested that I turn around as she was feeling car sick from the way I was "taking the turns." :shades:
    I've never done that. Wish I could drive the 545 at their highway speeds! :surprise:
    Speaking of Maui, I'll be taking the family back over there for Easter vacation. Unfortunatley, it gets way too crouded that time of year, but now that we're not living there any more, we're kind of stuck with the kid's school breaks, like the rest of the world.

But it's still fun, of course. My daughter will want to surf as much as possible, my son will want to build the freakin Hearst castle in the sand, my wife will want to spend a year's income in the shops, and I'll need to relax my neck with as many island drinks as I can after I do some deep sea fishing. I've landed some big ones in the past. And whether I catch 'em or not, I'm still getting those drinks. And having my Kona in the morning to get me going all over again, and keep up with the rest of 'em.

I'm willing to bet that when it's all over, I'll need a vacation. ;)

TagMan