Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• kappamankappaman Posts: 47
    Jaguar XJ series should be redesigned in 2002. They run on a 7 year cycle for sedans. Although the XJS ran 21 years before they replaced it with the XK8 coupe. I'm waiting to see what the new 7 series BMW will look like also. Don't much like the new S-class(though it is growing on me) or the new LS430(look to much like the old S-class)
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    Considering your posts of the last few months, I truly expect you to be sitting in the newly designed Jaguar, first vehicle on these shores. Let's see, silver with black interior, waxed to the max, shiny wheels...come to think of it, you look good in it already :-)
  • ferarri11ferarri11 Posts: 91
    i heard the new XJs will be built off the S type platform stretched and strengthened.
  • dphamdpham Posts: 3
    For those who just purchased a BMW 740i Sport, could you share what price you paid? I'm interested in getting one. Is 1000-1500 over invoice a good deal?

Thanks
  • scongroscongro Posts: 80
    Yes, when the new Jag XJ comes around, it will share underpinnings with the S-Type 4.0, but with a longer wheelbase.
  • 2jags22jags2 Posts: 4
    gentelmen,

aren't we getting really philosophical about life here? not that i disagree or agree with either one of you(we are all entitled to our opinions--that's what makes the world go around) , it seems that this is not the right stage to discuss ways of life ,but to discuss HIGH END LUXURY CARS.
    as far as an audi is concerned---ouch--see my past post ,it is simply the worst sedans we have owned.no car ,no matter how much you'd spend on it, will not be trouble free. the question is --how can you stomach with repeated trips to the dealer, and its attitude towards your complanits.
  • gstutzgstutz Posts: 3
    Does anyone in this forum know how to fix a cellphone that keeps coming on and off. I have never had the phone activated and this problem just started about 3 weeks ago. This is driving me nuts!! It only occurs when the car is turned off. I have tried pulling the fuse..no good because the cellphone and the radio share a fuse. I have read the cellphone manual for assistance and either I am blind or there is no help to be found there. Maybe you know of a forum that specializes in technical assistance? Thanks in advance for some assistance.
    I'd like to hear your thoughts on this. Have you noticed that all of the recent Mercedes-Benz models all have the same taillights, and very similar headlights. Personally, I like to see cars share things across the board, but this IMO is a little excessive.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    Well really on the new C and S share their look exactly. However all Mercedes cars have had the ribbed taillamps for years. The CL is the preview of the next SL, which will look exactly like the CL in the front. The E and CLK are pretty much on their own right now. However they all carry the taillights, grille, and C-pillar shape, its the Mercedes way.

M
    Don't like the styling on the new S-class or LS430. Scared to buy another BMW because of the numerous problems I had with my 740il. My Jaguar Vanden Plas needs to be redesigned because its becoming a little dated. I'm also afraid that Ford is going to cheapen the Big Cat. A8 needs some exciting styling to get me to pay 60-70k for an Audi. Not much interested in the RL, Q45, or Cadillac. Whats a luxury car enthusiast to do?

Marsha7,
    I think am going to wait for the second year or so on the new XJ series Jaguar. Just to see how it rates and if I like the new styling. I sure do want to see the new design though.

2jags2,
    Your right. The little debate ferarri11 and I had turned out not to be much about cars at all.

merc1,
    Put that deposit down on that C-class yet? The dealers in Tampa say that they're do in this month.
  • merc1merc1 Posts: 6,081
    No not yet. If I do it now the car will come in late Oct, early Nov and I really don't like bringing a new car home in a Chicago winter. Right after the Chicago Auto Show is usually when I do the buying. I've must say that I still can't shake the A6 4.2 or the 530i off the list yet. I'll have to drive them all extensively and decide.

M
  • marsha7marsha7 Posts: 3,661
    As long as they don't ruin the car, I will bet a quarter that you will own the Jag.
  • is4b2rdis4b2rd Posts: 66
    The milege does seem rather high. I'd have the car checked by someone to make sure that all is well. Ask if they have an extended warranty program. Mercedes offers Starmark warranties on their used cars.

I have a 98 740i. The car is fantastic, and it is such a pleasure to drive. The only regret that I have with the car is that I didn't get the iL.

Regarding the comment about the car running $2,000-$3,000 per year. I hardly believe that. Unless he is also talking about insurance and gasoline. My car has 40k on it, and the only things I've had done are oil changes and tire rotations.
    My 2 cents. All car salesmen say that high mileage cars are highway driven cars. I put 25 to 30 thousand miles a year on a car, and it ain't all highway miles, thats for sure. The reason you can buy it so cheap is because they depreciate rapidly. My 95 740il depreciated over 10k in one year, from 98-99. Don't get me wrong, it is to me the best overall sedan you can buy, if you don't get a bad one like I did(electrical nightmare). If you are going to pay it off and GET AN EXTENDED WARRANTY, its and excellent buy. Believe me you will love the car. BMW is the ultimate driving machine for real. Hopefully this helps you see both sides. And if you are going to get it from a Mercedes dealer, the Starmark warranty can't rival other dealers warranties. Starmark only gives you an extra year(5yrs) and up to 100k miles. After the 5th year you can pay for more warranty. Jaguar Select is 6yr up to 100k miles from original sale date. Most certified warranties give you 3yr up 100k miles from when you buy the used car, in the luxury lines. Ones again, hopefully this helps.
  • I want to say to the people who are looking at the mercedes s430-500 the beamer 740-750 and the lexus ls400 that one of these cars, the lexus dose not even compete. If you want a big camry with heated seats go with the lexus, if you want to look like a 75 year old millionare go with the benz, you will still look like a millionaire but at lest you look young in the beamer. I am leasing a 750il and i couldnt have made a better choice.
  • mmcbride1mmcbride1 Posts: 861
    Nice profile. Lots of people with high-paying jobs talk like that (unless you are trust fund trash - then I might believe it).
    Here we go...

Camry 3.0L V6, FWD, 4-Speed Auto
    LS 400 4.0L V8, RWD, 5-Speed Auto

How does anyone tell them apart?

Just because the LS 400 costs less than the 7-Series and the S-Class, does that mean that they don't compete with each other. If that is the case, then the 5-Series and E-Class don't compete whatsoever. How silly of me to think that they would compete.

Yes the current LS 400 does lack some of the gizmos that the BMW 750iL has, like a rear sunshade. However, because of this, does that mean that the LS 400 doesn't compete in the same market?

I could go on rebutting your arguement, but you have none. Your entire post is babbling BS, and says I don't care about the car; I just want to look good in my 92,000 car. How about you actually say something worthwhile, then we can talk. OK?
    Since you can't seem to come up with an arguement for the 750iL, which is in your garage, here's one for the LS 400. I didn't even write this, but I am using it because it shows that the people in this room aren't the only ones who agree with me.

This is from the edmunds.com super luxury test, which included the 750iL (your car), the S 500, the LS 400, the A8, and the XJ8 L:

"This car is good. Almost scary good, when you consider the price. Its level of refinement is very high. And for the primary luxury car functions -- quiet and smooth ride, comfortable accommodations -- the Lexus is one of the best cars here."

No competiton for the 750iL and the S-Class.
  • is4b2rdis4b2rd Posts: 66
    Isn't it amazing how easy it is to ascertain if someone is either immature or simply a poseur. I don't know which CoolMatt44 is, but I do hope that this breed of posters doesn't start ruining these bulletin boards for those of us who genuinely enjoy exchanging information on automobiles.

Cheers..
  • Very simple concept here. Japanese stealing from German and American stealing from Japanese. I don't care how good the Lexus or Cadillac look, After 5 years later, they look like a piece of [non-permissible content removed]. I got 93 Toyota Camry V6 that I just traded for 89 MBZ 190e 2.6. I am sick of Toyota, in fact, this 89 MBZ look better than 93 Toyota.