Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• mbukukanyaumbukukanyau Posts: 200
    That the 1970’s & 1980’s Detroit excuse. That well, you did not use the car as the average family user would. Well, you know the rest of the story. Only now is Detroit seeing the light.
    And Germans are headed that route. You cannot explain stalling in a 100 K plus car. There are no excuses for that sort of conduct. The thing smoked water
  • quemfalaquemfala Posts: 107
    Cadillac for me! Reason -- American! and -- sexy, too!
    and, Life would definitely be better at the beach
  • warthogwarthog Posts: 216
    Probably retired on his full boat commissions.
  • lexusguylexusguy Posts: 6,419
    I'm still waiting for those pictures of Lexus styrofoam insulation.
    Probably lost his commissions due to quality issues on some Audis that Customers returned. Those things are usually at the bottom of quality surveys, below VW the mothership sometimes

Doe it matter if it’s Styrofoam, or does it matter that Lexus is the industry standard in quietness? Only Cadillac and Buick come close
  • maxhonda99maxhonda99 Posts: 1,289
    Nah, I think he has a flood of customers today that are buying cars at full sticker!! The customers are knocking the doors down to buy them Audi's!!

And just to keep the record straight, I don't even hate Audi's.
    Trade in the 02 ES300 and get a car that moves you emotionally.

Try a BMW 330i or a Infiniti G35. They are 2 very nice rides.

The ES300 is basically a luxury sedan. Like most luxury sedan, it isolates you from the outside world, and therefore doesn't "move you".
    You should have been able to tell that on the test drive before you bought it.
  • livinbmwlivinbmw Posts: 120
    On behalf of the suddenly absent audibob ...... Hey, you know what the guy probably has the day off and doesn't have a computer at home or just got done watching the Cubs game and is snot hanging drunk. He's in the car business. He gets a day off and is entitled to it.
  • livinbmwlivinbmw Posts: 120
    Maybe, you should go and see audibob about an emotionally moving Audi product ....... great resale, too. After all he was the one that clued you in on the foam thing.

But, I think he's off today.
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    Love it! Will definitely add that to my street vernacular.

LMAO
    Audi's may sell at a discount and their Quality may be Kia, landrover VW, but they are good driving machines. Other than the FWD A6.

Why do people criticise the Seville and forgive the A6 for being FWD? I do not get it
    "Doe it matter if it’s Styrofoam, or does it matter that Lexus is the industry standard in quietness? Only Cadillac and Buick come close"

Good point. Lexus cars are so quiet at idle, you have to look at the tach to even know if the engine is on. That stryofoam sure must be doing a good job.
  • pablo_lpablo_l Posts: 491
    Ah, the 330. We're discussing wonderful cars in ths forum, but if I had to nominate a "best car", my vote would go to the BMW 330. It's nimble around to be genuine fun when you throw it around, feline in reflexes, the I6 is one of the top engines in the automitive world, it is ergonomically flawless, offers great comfort, and well built. Being non-practical, I would have taken mine in coupe form. Alas, you see just too damn many of them in the Bay Area. There is no way I could do that. I wonder how many other people out there are like me and start to move away from brands when they stop to stand for a modicum of individuality, and become the choice de rigeur...
    Lexus definately doesn't use styrofoam behind the body panels. In fact I don't think any carmaker uses styrofoam in great amounts for sound deadening.

One technology Lexus uses to deaden sound is 3-layer sandwiched steel, 2 thin layers of metal and in between is a metallic sound deadening material. It's mainly used around the cabin(front firewall, under the passenger compartment, between rear wheelwells).
    I think every car maker inject "foam" materials into panels for sound insulation - they'd be stupid not to, since short of vacuum industrial "foams" are the best insulator there is, and they provide serious fire protection to boot. Steel alone won't provide satisfactory sound insulation, so I very much doubt Lexus limits itself to it. Note that "foam" comes in many industrial forms, even though we automatically think box material. See http://www.basf.de/basf/html/plastics/englisch/pages/schaum/basot- - ect.htm
    But.. but Audibob said they did! He also said that used Audis actually go up in value like classic Ferraris, and that Audi uses extruded magic fairy dust as sound insulation in their cars.
    Cadillac & Buick (Rainer/La Crosse)are using something called Quite steel, with a sound abosbingh Gel around it. Quite impressive technology I might say
    I think they all use different technologies for different parts of the car for sound insulation. They don't stick to *one* method all over the car, because different things provide -as often- optimized results. Everybody feel free to investigate their car somewhat.
    "Cadillac & Buick (Rainer/La Crosse)are using something called Quite steel, with a sound abosbingh Gel around it. Quite impressive technology I might say"

Too bad the rest of the Raineer is a Chevy Tahoe.
  • jiaminjiamin Posts: 556
    I remember two things from the event of Lexus Taste of Luxury that Lexus uses to quiet the car. One is the dimpled panel underneath the car. The other is multi-layer metal with something in between, compared to another piece of regular metal. I knocked at both. The multi-layer metal sounds so quiet. Very impressive.

I didn't have much time that day to test drive MB, BMW, etc. Only tested LS430, ES330, GS430 and Acura TL. LS430 is the quietes, and the others are not too far behind.