Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High End Luxury Cars

Comments

• deweydewey Posts: 5,243
    LOL I just said farewell and I'm back again.

I no longer have an accounting practice since now I am a portfolio manager where a CFA is not only relevant but required.

CFA's are just jokers locked inside big building windowless offices writing up whatever the trading desks tell them to write up.

I have my own business and only take orders from clients. And I have a very a big window with a walk-out balcony at my office. I get a lot of 1929 Crash jokes about the balcony.

Take Care and looking forward to the pleasure of talking to you about inflated residuals sometime in the future.
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    Thanks for the clarification. I thought the relevant certifications for taking clients on one's own and managing investment porfolios are CFP and FMA.
  • tagmantagman Malibu, CaliforniaPosts: 8,441
    Uh oh! Are you serious? :surprise:

Instead of quitting, I've started cutting back. I intend to cut back even more.

In other words, put a "quantitative" limit on the "inflated" amount of interaction with brightness . . . it will leave one with less "residual" damage from his distortions. ;) Or alternatively, ignore him completely.

Hope to see you now and then, my friend :)

TagMan
  • brightness04brightness04 Posts: 3,151
    Truth hurts, sometimes ;-) That's what a _real_ CPA often has to tell his/her clients.
  • sysweisyswei Posts: 1,804
    Hey, dewey, I'm also a CFA. Minted in 1987.
  • hpowdershpowders Posts: 4,269
    Hope you come back soon, Dewey. :surprise:
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    October 20, 2006. Nobody noticed? After all we've been through with the hype? I thought this would beat Y2K and I guess it did.

;-)
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Nope, just a fan since the Miracle Mets of '69.

Aye new thur wus sumpin' aye liek'd about jou!

;)

Randolph had no faith in Wagner, and that's why heilman wus thur. :sick:

If we had Perdo and El Duque, it'd be much different, but even so, we had a chance.

The upside is the Mets will be good for a while, with Wright, Reyes, Chaves, Maine, and Beltran, this 7 train will keep rollin'!

DrFill
  • drfilldrfill Posts: 2,484
    Germany will notice.

And the US definitely noticed.

Attendance was definitely down at work today. ;)

DrFill
  • designmandesignman Posts: 2,129
    Randolph had no faith in Wagner, and that's why heilman wus thur.

It was too early for Wagner and Heilman was on fire until that one HR pitch. There was no reason to replace him. Don't blame Willie or the Met pitching. The hitters choked. And there should be a senate investigation on the easy curve ball that Beltran stared at to end the game. Eh, water under the proverbial bridge, they had their chances. Oooh that catch by Chavez was legendary. Too bad. :sick:

;-)
  • houdini1houdini1 Kansas City areaPosts: 5,922
    This had to be one of the best championship series ever. Although I am a Cardinals fan I think the Mets had the better team on paper. They will be back. The Chavez catch...unbelieveable. I was certain that the Mets would win if they could get Beltran to the plate in the nineth. Maybe that curve ball was better than it looked on TV.

Dewey, I know this forum can be habit forming but rather than leaving, just use some moderation, as most of us should be doing anyway. I have throughly enjoyed our little disagreements and hope for more of them in the future.

2013 LX 570 2010 LS 460 2002 Tacoma 4x4

Sure. The Mets will be back, Kim Jong-il will win the Nobel Peace Prize, and I will be driving a Lexus.
    NYC always tries to buy its way to a world championship.
    Good riddance to those overpaid fat cats.

The Tigers in 5 or better!
    This had to be one of the best championship series ever.

I agree with that . . . right up until the very last pitch I was on the edge of my chair.

I have no doubt the better team won, IMHO. I can't stand those commentators who are saying "How could this have happened?", as though the Mets were a shoe-in or something. Ridiculous.

Hindsight is always 20/20 when discussing what they should have done better. Excuses, excuses. The Chavez catch that stole Rolen's HR was an all-time great play. Other than that . . . not good enough to win. Period.

BTW, I don't blame Dewey for taking a break. I also recommended some moderation, as you did. However, I will also be using moderation in the future when the discussion only goes in circles with posters like brightness. It's a waste to post and post and post and get nowhere with his completely rhetorical, insulting, and illogical posts . . . and the whole time have you cheering him on as he caused more and more frustration due to his inability or unwillingness to understand or acknowledge other viewpoints.

A shame, IMO, and I won't be a part of that any more, and you can quantitatively count on that!

:)

TagMan
    Well, all Brightness did was give you a dose of your own medicine. After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little? He was merely giving [non-permissible content removed] for tat.

Hp, there is a really good article on the "Diesels in the News" forum about a new BMW diesel engine. Check out post #952. I would put it here if I knew how. I am not buying another car until these new diesels are here.

Yes. Hopefully, by August 2008 (who's counting?) when I bring the 545i back, BMW will have a diesel ready for me to rent.

"This had to be one of the best posting exchanges ever."

I agree with that . . . right up until the very last post I was on the edge of my chair.
    Well, all Brightness did was give you a dose of your own medicine. After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little? He was merely giving [non-permissible content removed] for tat.

Really? Is that how it seems to you? [non-permissible content removed] for tat? Goodness, I've had some heated in-depth discussions here, no doubt, but I don't believe I've talked in circles like brightness and steve have done . . . just hammering away at the same idea over and over and over without any consideration for a different point of view.

I've had sufficient feedback regarding my posting style to know that I do not do that to people. I respect others points of view, while I do not always agree, and I even tend to be more moderate at times than I otherwise might be, just to be considerate.

No, this was no [non-permissible content removed] for tat. And the result? . . . Dewey is possibly gone.

After being beat down here by sheer force of numbers for so long can you blame me for cheering him on a little?

A little? A lot is more like it, and no way have you been beaten down here. You started your own fires more than once, and got burned a little maybe, but more often than not, you received better treatment than you dished out. I remember your recent post just before all of this fiasco whereby you promised to stop the spiteful posts. Remember?

I hope all of this comes around to a better place. I like our friend from Canada and am sorry to see him suggest that he is leaving, even if just for a few months. I look forward to his return, and quite frankly, hope that he does reconsider and he starts posting on a more moderate basis.

TagMan
    Powders, I love your humor, but at this rate you'll be on the edge of your chair . . . and you'll have the whole HELM forum to yourself. ;)

TagMan
    Well, no one wants to see Dewey or anyone else leave. Also I never claimed to be perfect because I know I am not. As you will recall you were also cheering Dewey on.

Yes, you have been the voice of reason around here more than once, but you have also had your moments. I was sincere when I said I wanted to tone it down a little, but no one else expressed any willingness to do so.

Everyone on this board is somewhat paranoid....and they're out to get me!! :D

Yes, you have been the voice of reason around here...

Well . . . thanks . . . but, I'll take a share of the blame here (small share ;) ). Hindsight is 20/20 as I mentioned about the Mets, and in hindsight I wish I had just completely stopped replying to brightness.

I was sincere when I said I wanted to tone it down a little, but no one else expressed any willingness to do so.

I thought it was just obvious enough by the nature of the posts, but perhaps you didn't see it that way.

OK . . . Let's move forward with a lesson learned. Now we are on the same page? . . . and back to HELMs . . . PLEASE!

TagMan
    Yes, we are on the same page. You have been very quiet about your new "Q". How about an updated review?

Survival of the "wittest" I guess.
    You have been very quiet about your new "Q".

No "Q" here. I am considering the possibility of trading the Lotus in on the upcoming Porsche Targa 4S, however. But even the mention of giving up the Lotus, and my son gives me the evil eye . . . he loves the Lotus so much, and I must admit it is more fun than I've had in an age. That upcoming Porsche Targa, however, is just sooooo sweet. I am very tempted. Very.

TagMan
    I could have sworn that you bought a QP earlier this year. Did you test drive one or something like that? Did someone else here buy one? How did I get that impression? Obviously I am wrong but I am truly mystified by this.

How did I get that impression?

No idea. I know we've ocassionally had some very brief posts about the Q, but nothing specific that I know about that should have given you that impression. That's OK though . . . no big deal.

Perhaps it's time to increase your dosage? ;)

TagMan
  • dhamiltondhamilton Posts: 873
    I'm a bit suprised their isn't more discussion going on about the LS's first drive and the dissapointing driving dynamics per Edmunds.
    I'll step in and say I'm not to suprised although when more reviews come, we should have a bigger picture. Still a bit to early to pass final judgement I suppose.
  • Looks like they kept the same formula which for them is smart but will push me back to the Euros. They are still the king of "soft". Didn't notice any mention of the steering. Wonder if it's still over-boosted. I'm betting, yes.
    See the new thread, "Article Comments: 2007 Lexus LS 460 Full Test."

You can voice your opinion over there on Edmunds findings: the grabby brakes, disappointing suspension, Edmunds unable to match the 0-60 and quarter-mile times Lexus has provided, which in both cases were reported as too fast by the company, the boring styling, etc; for starters.
    that Lexus arguably provides the most numb steering in the industry, I believe it is safe to assume the LS steering to be "light."
    Thank you doctor, I feel much better now. Three fingers of Black Jack instead of two. Yes indeed, much better!!

Well said!

With the ES and LS vehicles for sure, Lexus is indeed "the king of soft." But, if that's what some folks want, why shouldn't it be provided?

There are vehicles out there to fit all profiles, thankfully!

I can criticize the LS until I am blue in the face, but if the car fits your profile, it shouldn't matter what Edmunds or I say.