Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Kia Forte / Forte Koup Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• tannortannor Posts: 7
    I really like this car after trying out the hynudai elantra,

but price they offered i thought was too high..before taxes $16,004 includes rebate, OTD was around $18,560

This had nothing extra was just standard EX. I was actually surprised they did not try to hard sell us, they let us go pretty easy.

I know I can do better then that
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    the reason that they were probably relaxed on the high pressure sale is because the forte's and forte koup's specificly are pretty hot cars right now.
    Ok I went to another dealer and for the EX - got him down to $15,470, out the door is $16,878

Picking it up tomorrow
  • steven39steven39 Posts: 636
    is this the forte EX sedan or the EX koup???
    The sedan...I never even looked at the coup, since I wanted 4 door
  • So to be clear u got Forte ex w. fuel economy package in dark cherry? Is that right?
  • I purchased my Forte on the last day of the CARS program and was out the door for 18.5k. Got $4500 trade in and put 1k down. Was very happy w/ vehicle. 2 weeks ago was stopped in traffic and was rear ended by Chevy Tahoe going 45mph or so I was told. Walked away from it relatively unscathed. Rear crumple zones absorbed shock but now car is totalled. Will definitely be getting another Forte ex w/ fuel eco pkg. What is best price anyone has got in Southern US within last month or so?
  • Just picked up a Black SX Koup from Burlington KIA in NJ. Easy to deal with and all the non nonsense we go threw getting a car. Car is very tight and from what I can see and feel after 800 miles - perfect little commuter ..... Avg, @ 31 MPG's by the computer. Handles bigger then it is.... Very , Very Happy !
  • Burlington kia NJ - Rocks Black SX w/ all bells and Whistles.
    www.burlingtonkia.com

Picked it up four days ago - Walked in - did my homework and all and told them this is what I want and the GM - Said go pick one.,

Great people. match any price within 100 miles.
  • Hey~
    I think you've got a great deal. I also live in Fulton county and am trying to buy EX with no option and asking for $16,500 OTD after taking cash rebate of $1500. Can I ask where you got the deal? Mine is Cobb. Thanks in advance.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 790
    You may have already made a purchase in the two weeks since you posted this, but I thought I'd respond just in case you hadn't sealed the deal yet....

Accoring to TrueCar.com, the Lowest Certified Price from a local dealer is $15,321 for an EX with A/T and no other options. That price includes the $1500 Cash Back incentive and $486 in 'Regional Ad Fees' but doesn't include tax, tag and title.

1072.47 (7% sales tax, Fulton County resident)
    plus $18.00 title fee and $3.00 GA warranty fee
    $16,414.47 plus tag fees

The tag fee will vary depending on whether you have a current tag to transfer (from a trade-in, for example); if not, you will be required to pay the ad valorem tax based on your specific tax district within Fulton. (Milton and Sandy Springs have the lowest rate and the city of Atlanta is the highest). The total will be between $202.15 and $272.50....

So the total is between $16,600 and $16,700 OTD, pretty dang close to your $16,500 goal...and you may be able to haggle them down to your number!
  • I'm getting the following deal...

Kia Forte 2010 EX with Fuel Economy Package & Electrochromatic Mirror w/Compass
    MSRP: $18,470
    Car Price: $17,300 (6% off MSRP)
    Rebates: $2,000
    My car price: $15,200
    OTD Price: $16,287 (6% tax)

Can someone help and tell me if I should wait till Labor Day sale or wait a couple of months till the 2011 models come out?
  • beantownbeantown Posts: 227
    Let me get this straight.....$3K down + $200 a month means you're spending $10,200.00 for a three year lease. Ouch. You'd be better off buying it I would think. That's almost luxury car territory there.

You can get a true zero down lease in Mass for $199 a month on a Forte EX right now. A Sorento with a $25K sticker goes for less than that as well ($0 down - $250 a month).
  • hey dud i m doing homework on kia koup sx with leather seats moon roof and automatic tranmission. i m gone a buy this car in this month. i m from topeka kansas.
    just wondering how much did u pay all over like everything,
    because my buget is under 20000$. and if u have any tip when buying a car.
    i m really new to this . and how much insurance cost for 16 to 25 year old person. with clean reccord. sorry for poor english i m asian. thanks
    e-mail me :- dhruvilshah30@gmail.com
  • Dude,

I suggest you go to this website, build your car there and then see what their pricing is. If you can get that pricing from the dealership then you got a pretty good deal.

http://amexnetwork.zag.com/main.html
  • Without any options, EX Sedan.

14500 OTD.

I could get this deal at couple of dealers...
  • dud u should buy it its good deal don't wait for anything. reply me back
  • ken117ken117 Posts: 179
    A buyer should understand TrueCar and its relationship to dealers. The prices quoted on TrueCar do not represent the lowest price possible. TrueCar must make a profit, since we don't pay that profit comes out of the sales price which are set by the dealer and are not likely the lowest price available. Best to use TrueCar as a starting point and seek to purchase at least a few hundred dollars less. I did this last year and purchased a new vehicle for several hundred dollars less. The dealer informed me he uses TrueCar as a source for leads. The key, don't use the TrueCar site to contact the dealer. Use TrueCar to identify the dealer and then visit the dealer and negotiate a price lower than the TrueCar price.
  • Hi Ruchit,

Can you, please, let me know where are you getting $14500 fpr Forte EX?

I am looking for EX model w/o options in Albany area and dealers are not giving good price here.

Thanks,
    S Singh
  • '11 EX w/Prem Pkg, cargo net & applique

MSRP $19,130

Rebates of $1,000 + $500 competitive

Price before TTL $16,470