Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Kia Forte / Forte Koup Prices Paid and Buying Experience

13»

Comments

• brian707brian707 Posts: 1
    I don't recall the exact price paid but I will address my experience with the KIA company and KIA Santa Rosa. I intended to purchase the 2012 KIA Forte EX, the salesman was really pushy to close the deal the same day and ended up offering the model the way I wanted to be shipped to the dealership. Turned out after all the paperwork was signed I realized the car ordered was a 2011 instead. They lowered the price by $500 dollars to compensate after trying to convince me that I shouldn't care because they are the same car. Subsequently the dealership filed my paperwork with DMV for the wrong model. After driving the car off the lot I found the iPod USB port does not work with Apple USB cords, only KIA manufactured cords, the dealership charged about $70 for this cord after purchase. Then I found my iPhone causes a screeching noise when I attach it with the adapter, KIA after 4 months of servicing attempts to fix it decided to tell me that the cord is not compatible with the iPhone, only iPods. Neither KIA (as a company) or the dealership are willing compensate me in any way despite their clear lack of clarity on the functionality of the audio unit. In addition, the CD player has jammed 3 CDs 3 times among 2 different audio units (the first was replaced completely) and the car continues to lower than advertised gas mileage. This all has occurred in the first 7 months of owning the vehicle and KIA will not consider it a lemon.
  • Does anybody have any current pricing on a base 2013 Forte sedan with Automatic trans?
    The last post in this form was 2011?

Thanks in advance.
  • conwelpicconwelpic Ontario, CanadaPosts: 600
    we don't know what country you are located in, but if in US check out

http://www.kia.com/#/forte

if in Canada:

http://kia.ca/pages/pricing/pricekia-step2.aspx?model=Forte&modelPage=1
  • rskipk2rskipk2 Posts: 1
    edited October 2012
    When we went looking for a new car I knew I wanted something fast, sporty, well built and lots of features for the money. I looked at the new Scion TC, Mazda 3, Hyundai Elantra, Ford Focus, and the Chevy Cruze to name a few. When I stopped at the Kia dealer there was a silver Forte SX on the lot that was loaded with everything but a nav system and I loved the look and the build quality(except for the cheap carpet). After driving the car several times and coming to a price I was willing to pay, the car was ours and so far after 8 months I am very happy with it.

It drives great, gets good mileage, is solidly built and has a great warranty. The interior is really nice, black leather w/red stitching and the outside is silver. With the SX model you get a front spoiler with built in driving lights, sunroof, all leather interior, a 2.4liter engine, low profile tiles with dark grey wheels which look really sharp. In no way does this feel like a budget brand car nor does it look like one. It was over $7k less than the comparable Focus and much better looking than the Elantra, Corolla, Scion, and especially the new Civic which wasn't even an option for me. So far we are perfectly happy with this Forte Koup except it is easy to scratch the allow wheels if you pull to close to a curb( a habit of mine). Lovin the car so far! Did I mention the car was designed by Kia Design Chief, Peter Schryer formally from Audi. The total price out the door was $21.000 and considering it had every option available I believe it was worth it . There are very few on the road and as an added plus, it isn't a car you see everyday which I like!
  • I was not looking for Kia Forte 2013 sticker prices...
    I was looking for OTD prices paid. I am looking for a base LX Auto.
  • There seems to be a serious lack of tech packaged Forte's in certain areas. Wonder if the shortage is artificial, or the fully loaded EX's are just selling better than expected. I lurk on some Forte forums, and many of the 2014 Forte owners purchased EX's with tech. I think I read somewhere that Kia expects the loaded LX to be the better seller, but I wonder if that really is the case.
  • steverstever YooperlandPosts: 40,154

Please visit the 2014 Kia Forte Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion for current model year deal talk. Thanks!

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

13»