Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Audi A4 2004 and earlier

1191192193194195197»

Comments

• andys120andys120 Loudon NHPosts: 16,621
    What happened at 109 K ?

Nothing, the only thing wrong with it when I swapped it for a BMW 538i was an airbag warning light came on.

2000 BMW 528i, 2001 BMW 330CiC

• I'm having a miss or a stuuter at low RPM on my A4 1.8T, I can actually watch the tach skip a few RPMs down, Is it a sensor in the exhaust side or somewhere else.?
  • michael105michael105 Posts: 5
    edited March 2010
    From an owner of a 2003 A4 --- it could be a bad coil pak, a secondary air supply system problem, a fuel pump problem, engine sludge or any of many problems that are Audi's design defect problems , and , like Toyota, will probably kill their company, including oil and fuel leaks that have caused fatal engine fires...so to start, go to any autozone and ask them to download your VAG codes --- they do it for free vs. $110/hr rate at a audi dlr ---when you get the codes, (google those by entering VAG codes audi and the code number ) and you'll see the reason for your missing at idle
  • Maybe my A4 was designed or built on D-Day aniversary --- or a more logical reason --- and you verk for them and need the job security ..
  • 2004a42004a4 Posts: 1
    I've owned 2 Audi's and not had any major issues with them. My first car was an '88 90. I bought it with around 80k miles on it, no clue of the history before then, but when I traded it in it had over 180k miles. Beyond regular maintenance I only had to replace the cat. and a/c compressor. My current car is a 2004 A4 1.8t. It's not been perfect, but overall it's been reliable. While under warranty I had the airbag sensor issue which was finally cured and also had the water pump replaced. The waterpump didn't actually go out and leave me stranded, but was beginning to make some noise so the dealership replaced it no charge. While out of warranty I've had the coil packs reaplced at about $300, but was reimbursed (this week actually) from Audi because of a recall. Also had the passenger side window regulator go out. That was around $200. I've put 73k miles on this one and still consider it to be reliable.
  • gapch1gapch1 Posts: 2
    edited April 2010
    I purchased my 2004 A4 convertible in Oct. 2009. I have had it into the shop now three times, three separate issues. First one had to do with a intake fan or valve.. a week and a half to figure that problem out. Several days after getting it back from the shop, the car starts misfiring, chugging and check engine light is flashing. Now, we get to tow it. An ignition coil is to blame. And now, last week, the check engine light is on and diagnostics determines it's the catalytic converter that needs to be replaced along with 6 ignition coils.

Come on! Is this what I can expect from this car going forward!!! I am seriously regretting my decision to purchase an Audi!
  • sfukushima1sfukushima1 Posts: 1
    edited September 2011
    Hi! My A4 is not starting. About 2 hours before the incident, I noticed that the check engine light came on. After stopping the car for about 10 minutes, I went to drive home and the car wouldn't start.
    It seems to turn over but just kills. It won't start, just shakes and dies. Last week I had a low impact, slow speed collision. I also noticed steam escaping the engine when the cap was removed.
    Any ideas or suggestions? Thank you so much. In the meantime, my car will likely spend the night in the blockbuster parking lot :-(