Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Jeep Liberty Power Window Regulators

124»

Comments

• j_c_j_c_ Posts: 2
    I am amazed that so many people are still not using the replacement metal fittings that have been developed by Steiger Performance products.

I have a 2007 Liberty (Cherokee here in Australia) and once the plastic bits started failing, bought a set of the metal parts.

Do yourselves a favour and have a look here: http://www.steigerperformance.com/
  • 12m3412m34 Posts: 2
    Had both drop within 6 months of each other on my 06 Diesel, was told by dealer in 05 when I first bought it this would happen. Lucky I have some good friends at Tomball Dodge/Jeep that take good financial care of me.
  • I had my two right and left front windows repaired and had to pay for both. I first was told by Metro that I wasn't covered ,so I went to Firestone and payed 384.00 for one and 287.00 for the other.
  • Thank you for posting a copy of the warranty extension from Chrysler. I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty. I have had three different window regulators break on this vehicle. The first was in 2009, which was covered by warranty. The second was a few months later, which I had to pay for because the warranty had expired. The third one broke in September, 2013. This is when I found your post, with a copy of the letter from Chrysler.

I printed a copy of the letter and took it to LUM'S Chrysler/Jeep/Toyota in Warrenton, Oregon. They contacted Chrysler to verify the warranty extension was real, then made an appointment for a few days later to replace not just the broken one, but ALL FOUR window regulator lift plates with new improved ones, at absolutely NO COST to me. Thanks to both Chrysler and Lum's service department, and thanks again to you for posting a copy of the warranty extension.
  • brockmuttbrockmutt Posts: 1

Will Chrysler honor the recall of a bad window regulator in a 2007 Jeep Liberty? I know I got a letter about it years ago. Mine just went out on me.

• I have a 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport. Every regulator broke. One of them twice. The first time it happened the service manager told me to call Chrysler. They knew they had defective regulators. They paid to replace all of them . I received an extended warranty for this problem. I keep a large black plastic garbage bag in the car in case another one lets go. Open the door and pull the bag over the window. It will keep out the weather until you can get it fixed.

• boeing787boeing787 METAIRIE,La.Posts: 3

I AM AS DISMAYED AND P//Od AS ALL OF YOU. I AM THE OWNER OF A 2006 JEEP LIBERTY, TOP OF THE LINE. I AM ALSO RETIRED, SO I DON'T DRIVE MUCH. I HAVE HAD BOTH REAR REGULATORS FAIL AND THE WINDOWS FALL INTO THE DOOR. THIS HAPPENED IN 2011. THE LIBERTY HAD 11,000 MILES AND LESS THAN 12,000 MILES. THE FAILURE HAPPENED 4 OR 5 WEEKS APART. I READ IN EDMUNDS. THAT CHRYSLER

• boeing787boeing787 METAIRIE,La.Posts: 3

THIS IS A FOLLOW UP TO MY JUNE 1 POST. I CALLED THE CUSTOMER ASSISTANCE PHONE NUMBER AND I TALKED WITH DEBBIE, A CHRYSLER EMPLOYEE. SHE WAS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND THOROUGH. I DID FIND OUT SOME INFO FOR THOSE WHOSE 2006/07 LIBERTIES ARE IN THE ORIGINAL 2 YEAR EXTENSION EXTENDED TO 7 YEARS AND NOW 10 YEARS. I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT MY LIBERTY IS NOT COVERED. I DID TELL DEBBIE THAT I WOULD BE BAD MOUTHING JEEP/CHRYSLER FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE. I ALSO ASKED DEBBIE TO PASS ON MY DISDAIN FOR BOTH OF THEM TO HER SUPERVISOR, HER SUPERVISORS SUPERVISOR, AND HOPEFULLY IT WILL GO ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP. I ALSO TOLD HER THAT MY NEXT LETTER OF COMPLAINT WILL BE IN FACEBOOK. I THINK THE THREAT OF FACEBOOK MADE AN IMPRESSION ON HER.

• steverstever Viva Las CrucesPosts: 40,555

Posts in ALL CAPS are hard to read, so as you make the rounds to Facebook and Twitter, etc., I suggest you use sentence case.

Need help navigating? stever@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

124»