Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2010 Cadillac SRX - swirling gas sounds in tank

clyde333clyde333 Member Posts: 2
edited September 2014 in Cadillac
We purchased our SRX approx. 6 weeks ago and so far we love almost everything about the crossover. The navigation system with the rear camera view, the panaromic roof, the interior lighting and luxurious dashboard look. The performance could use a little bit more torque but we would of purchased a sportscar if wanted more power. We are recent empty nesters so the size of the car is very convenient. The only complaint we have so far is that when we drive over speed bumps or up our inclined driveway, we can hear the gas swirling and rocking in the tank. At least, we think it is the gas but we are having it check this week. It's unusually loud. 2010 SRX owners, do you hear anything?

Comments

• ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    That is so strange because I also own a Mazda6, and recently reading on the Mazda forum about the same problem some people are having with their new Mazda6's regarding the fuel sloshing issue. They seem to think that it might have something to do with baffles that are supposed to be in the gas tank, or that there's not enough insulation in the vehicle. I would just bring it in at next oil change and tell service about it.
    Both my 08' SRX, and my 04' Mazda6 don't seem to have this problem at all.
  • jiminy6jiminy6 Member Posts: 2
    I'm a new Mazda 6 owner with similar sloshing problems. Was GM able to take care of the sloshing problem for you? If so, what did they do?
  • ericzoomericzoom Member Posts: 213
    I didn't have this problem on either vehicle. Just other owners on both forums had it.
  • jiminy6jiminy6 Member Posts: 2
    Hi Clyde. Was wondering if you ever got the issue with the swirling in the gas tank resolved? If so, what was the fix?
  • bob308bob308 Member Posts: 2
    Purchased my SRX on 12/01/09 and also have swirling sounds as well as thumping sounds, especially when tank is over 1/2 full. Dealer says all sounds come from gas tank and Cadillac is working on a fix? Has anyone else been told that they are working on a fix or have you solved this problem?
  • logger3logger3 Member Posts: 1
    There was a court case in tazewell county Illinois where a women sued GM because of the noise problem in a 2010 srx gas tank, slossing and bumping and the jury awarded her $7000 because the jury considered it a defect in the tank, and it devalued her car from excellent condition to fair, there is a service bullitan that says that they are working on a fix. The attorney for GM tried to convince the jury it was just a noise and no defect.
  • neverbuyasrxneverbuyasrx Member Posts: 2
    Have same issue!!! Please contact me with more information about this case.
This discussion has been closed.