Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Time to Play "WHO AM I"?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright CaliforniaPosts: 44,419
  • nippononlynippononly SF Bay AreaPosts: 12,687
    I was heralded as the second coming of the brand I worked for because of my "European roots", and indeed I was that brand's first new model in much too long.

Despite that, I sold badly and my brand is now defunct. :-(

You can call me the "Round One"; I didn't have a hard corner on me anywhere.

2013 Civic SI, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (stick)

• Saturn LS?

Caddy Catera? Nope.
    Dang, you're good! Yup, Saturn LS, in fact I believe it was actually the "L-series", there were 100s, 200s, and even 300s at some point.

• Oh ya, the "LS" was the sedan whereas the "LW" was the wagon. I think there was an "LC" coupe concept at one point as well.
  • But it was the first thing I could think of...

I was once proclaimed by a well known magazine as "Like a Rat in Reeboks" :) when it came to my zippy handling, nimble nature and racing roots.
  • bhill2bhill2 Posts: 1,330
    I thank you for the gold star, sir, and for not pointing out that I misspelled 'horse' (fingers faster than brain). Anyway, I will take a crack at the other side of this one:

Although I do not represent the first time a manufacturer put the engine out of a larger bodied car into a smaller body, I am the first one where the manufacturer took the engine out of one of their full sized car and put it in one of their intermediates to get a performance sedan. The operative word is sedan; I am a 4-door. As a result, I could out-accelerate any other car that year with the single exception of the fuel-injected Corvette; I could stay with the carbureted ones.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• parmparm Posts: 723
    Way to go bhill2! Nicely played. I kept having the 1968 Vette on the brain because it had its problems, but it didn't fit the other criteria - mainly that you'd never confuse a 1968 Corvette with its one year older version - the 1967 (which was actually supposed to be the first year for the Mako Shark design).

That whole Saturn thing hurt my head thinking about it. You guys are good.
    bhill2 - any chance you're a Mopar product from the 1950's?
    I'm also conjuring up dog dish hubcaps on something from the 1960's. A real sleeper. Am I even remotely near the ballpark??? . . . . you know, like two bus tranfers and a train ride away? :P
    You are half right. I am from the '50s. I should mention that calling me an 'intermediate' may be somewhat misleading, since that term was not widely used at the time. However, it is true that I had both a smaller and a larger sibling.

2009 BMW 335i, 2003 Corvette cnv, 2001 Jaguar XK cnv, 1985 MB 380SE (the best of the lot)

• tlongtlong CaliforniaPosts: 4,737
    OK, I'll bite.

I was ubiquitous, but my year was the last before a major electrical change. And look at my new hubcaps!

This should be easy if you are familiar.
  • andre1969andre1969 Posts: 21,851
    First thought is a 1957 Rambler Rebel, although those were considered compacts at the time. Although in all fairness, they were closer to intermediate...even if that term hadn't been coined yet.

IIRC, the Rebel had something like 270 hp, in an engine around 291 CID?
  • xwesxxwesx Fairbanks, AlaskaPosts: 8,391
    I am way out of my element here, but is this a Sentra SE-R?
    You get the latest gold star, Andre. I am indeed the 1957 Nash Rambler Rebel. As you said, I was considered a compact at the time, but I had a big brother (the Nash Ambassador) and a little brother (OK class, who can be the first to name my little brother?)

• 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    Little brother is the Nash Metropolitan, as I believe there was no Rambler American in '57.
  • 210delray210delray Posts: 4,722
    This has to be a 6-volt to 12-volt conversion in the early 50s. Could it be the '52 Ford?
    Little brother is the Nash Metropolitan, as I believe there was no Rambler American in '57.

Rightyo! The American debuted the next year.

Or it could be the Beetle, which went from 6 to 12 volts much later, I want to say '63?? I used to have facts like this at the tips of my fingers. :-(

I was wondering if anythingbutgm's might be the original CRX, but I don't believe it had racing roots? If it is the original CRX, that's the '84 model I believe.