Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Buick Regal

1192021222325»

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064
    vo1,

When are you visiting? This isn't to rush you or anything - just wanting to make sure you're taken care of. If you wanted for us to check into your dealerships findings, let us know! We can be reached at socialmedia@gm.com (include your name, the last 8 of your VIN, and a summary of the situation).

Sarah, GM Customer Service
  • richard_prichard_p Posts: 1
    Was there any resolution to this, My regal does the same thing about the hesitation. It is quite scary at times to cross lanes. Just wonder if the transmission is going to kick in or not.
  • dgmelpdgmelp Posts: 3
    No resolution at all. We've learned to live with it - the dealer actually explained us that the transmission on the 2011 Regals (and later years I assume) are designed to respond in this manner to assist the car in getting the fuel mileage numbers it gets.....

So, when backing out of our driveway, we make sure we have enough clear time to give the car time to get itself into gear..a little hair raising..but we've found nobody willing to say its not operating normally. The other issues with the lag on the transmission are negligible...we've learned to ignore them - the backing out and delay in shifting into drive is something we've not understood....but we've pretty much given up.

The dealer also went on to say they couldn't tear into the transmission unless it was leaving a "code" that said there was a problem - and that if I were to drive any other GM platforms with the same drive-train, I'd experience the same issue.

We did subsequently buy a Chevy Volt....what a wonderful experience compared to the Regal....no gasoline...and a better built car! And...no shifting issues at all (of course with an electric motor, you don't need a transmission to shift into a lower gear to get torque)....so, we switched cars and use the Volt as our main source of transportation and the Regal sits in our driveway most of the time and is only used if we need to carry more people than will fit in the Volt.
  • I know this is where Regal owners go to post problems; but to balance that, My '11 turbo 2.0L (Russelsheim) Regal has had no problems, and I get slightly better-than-sticker MPG. Got it at the end of the "big" rebates, and overall I am happy with it.
  • 2011 Buick Regal gone. 2014 GMC Terrain AWD with 6 cyl. in it's place. Talk about a boost in power!

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,064

@jimpeddycord said: 2011 Buick Regal gone. 2014 GMC Terrain AWD with 6 cyl. in it's place. Talk about a boost in power!

Hello jimpeddycordy,

Congrats on your 2014 GMC Terrain! We're glad to hear you are enjoying it!

Safe travels,

Andraya R. GM Customer Care

@whoosierdaddy said: I know this is where Regal owners go to post problems; but to balance that, My '11 turbo 2.0L (Russelsheim) Regal has had no problems, and I get slightly better-than-sticker MPG. Got it at the end of the "big" rebates, and overall I am happy with it.

Hello whoosierdaddy,

Thanks for your positive review! We are glad to hear you are loving your 2011 Buick Regal!

Regards,

Andraya R. GM Customer Care