Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 Buick Regal

Comments

• gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Posts: 4,055
    arn3,

Sorry to hear about the transmission! I would encourage you to get a second opinion at another GM dealership. Please keep me posted.

Thank you,
    Caron, GM Customer Service
  • I just got an email form the service manager at my dealership stating there is an open recall on my regal, i cannot find anything about this on line, he is apparently not available by phone right now. Does anyone know what this is about?
  • I have heard the same thing but have not seen anything. I had mine repaired but it has started making the noise again. I will be taking it back for the 3rd time. I am really not please about this issue
  • ab348ab348 Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, CanadaPosts: 1,744
    I took delivery on a 2011 Buick Regal Turbo yesterday, Summit White with cashmere leather. So far I love it! Traded in my 2009 Allure/Lacrosse and this is like night and day in terms of the drive. What a fun, sharp-looking car!

2011 Buick Regal Turbo, 1968 Oldsmobile Cutlass S Holiday Coupe

jamesb11,
    Can you please email me your VIN, current mileage, as well as a description of your concerns? I look forward to your response.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    fishin13,
    Please feel free to email me your VIN and request for recall information. I am happy to look into this for you! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
    ab348,
    Congratulations on your purchase! Welcome to the family! Please feel free to email me with any questions comments or concerns! :)
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • nyc67nyc67 Posts: 1
    Same problem, same color interior, dealer to look at it next week. Did they fix for you?
  • zeenzeen Posts: 391
    NYC 67
    No. They can't short of replacing the steering wheel. They do not have touch up paint for this. GM Customer Service was very responsive but the bottom line is there is no fix at present.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,952
    How bad is this rubberized paint peeling problem? This is a new car and I would think they would either replace the wheel or find a fix.
    Keep us posted on how things go at the dealership for you by emailing Christina here!

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • zeenzeen Posts: 391
    edited November 2011
    M6

It's not a huge problem. There are a couple of spots under an inch long and no more than 1/4 " wide. It's noticeable if you look right at it but it will undoubtedly get worse. Replacing the wheel makes no sense if it's identical to the existing wheel. The problem is the plastic under the paint is very glossy so the paint doesn't adhere well enough. One fingernail nick starts the peeling process. The best fix would be to provide touch up paint and recommend light sanding before applying.
  • m6userm6user Posts: 2,952
    Thanks. I had envisioned it to be worse. I'm sure they will be able to get some suitable paint and fix it like you mentioned.
  • Don't know if you've had any suggestions, but we bought our 2011 Regal 6 months ago and had the same problem with the carpet and moonroof. Contact GM directly, and don't give up! Be firm and stand your ground. They are currently working with us. Good Luck!
  • :sick: Updating my Comment 671. Have taken my car in for a 3rd time and the dealer says they cannot recreate the noise. This is the same thing they said the first time I took the car in. The noise is very intermitant but is the same condition they supposedly fixed on my second visit when they replaced 2 of the Supressors (lifters). GM and Buick have contacted me several times and say they are in touch with the dealer but I am not seeing any results just a lot of discussion. It is real disappointing to have spent so much money on a new car and at 7000 miles begin having such a major engine problem and no real solution. At this point I have to say my experience has been POOR. Hate to know what the Car Fax report will say and how much that will affect my resale value in a few years.
  • My wifes regal has 8000 miles on it and it has started to make a noise in the left front wheel when traveling downhill turning to the left. It makes a swish-thumping noise. we have taken it to our local dealer twice and they cannot find the problem. Their answer is for us to bring it back when it gets worse. My wife is sick of hearing this problem. the car has been back to the dealer for several problems in such a short time. replaced two bad taillights,fixed the cam phasers,and seat heater quit last week on the drivers side. The dealer seems to not be very concerned about us having to keep bringing it back in again and again. any help would be Greatly appreciated

">
  • Thanks for your post, jwr1984,

I'm sorry to hear that you and your wife are experiencing so many concerns with your Regal. Are you currently in touch with Customer Assistance?

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • I have the 2011 Buick Regal Turbo. I have noticed if I have the back windows down there is extreme noise , almost like I have a flat tire and the care seems unstable. Fine when the windows are back up. Does anyone have this problem?
  • When changing from a high temp to a low temp, the system seems to have a very long delay (like the "dampers" aren't opening. Anyone else experiencing this?